Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Abisko - Watercolor

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Abisko - Watercolor

Hello!
    This is a finish picture, and I can't make any changes unless the change is very minor since the paper is no longer stretch, since it a birthday present for my dad tomorrow. But I think I probably could learn a lot from having one of my traditional paintings critiqued, for future paintings.

Any comments and advice is welcome.

I had some trouble making the picture, especially with the washed out mountains in the background. I didn't get them right the first time I put on transparent paint. So I tried make them dark and then bleach the living shit out of them with white gouache. I think getting them right the first time would been better, but transparent watercolor is tricky to get right the first time at times.

The brook/jokk, is also very very white, as I used masking fluid. When I removed it I experimented some, but then decided that keeping them white was the look I managed to the most interesting result with my current level of skill.

I used two pigments. Ultra Marin, and Burnt Green Earth and Titanium White (gouache). A4 size.

I used a reference picture, for the general look of the picture.

Reference picture:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I have no intention of becoming a professional artist, I just aspire to become a really good amateur.

Sketchbook: w176 love of the color dirt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.