Art: Character -Vulture based

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Character -Vulture based

Hello, This is a character design I worked out, I was wondering if I could get some feed back on this, I know it's not perfect and I never feel like anything is finished but I'd love to learn more about it, as well as methods to try in the future.

I've just gotten my confidence back, and I really want to learn as much as I can now, and I know conceptart.org is one of the great places to do it! I appreciate as much feedback as possible.
    Character -Vulture based
    Character -Vulture based

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First thumb: The spine placement is above where it is located on the third thumbnail.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kino_PuA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't like the design, it's not cool but it's well done. Let me guess, it's the only design you made about this character? I think you can do much better if you study it and try to draw her in different ways.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitsu//San For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Elaborate?

I appreciate your honesty, but actually I did a lot of sketches for this design, so... possibly I'm weak in that area because it's been a long time since I've done a character design.

So, with that being said, could you elaborate on What you don't like, so I can understand of things to look out for in the future? Saying " It's not cool" really doesn't help me much, but again, I really appreciate your honesty, it's just I'm looking for critique, not exactly yes or no approval. ( which i know is something that happens in the world all the time, which is why I'm coming here for help )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A little background on this piece, it was done for a class, and we had to base a character off a list of random descriptions or words. Those being:

Animal-influences
    Wings
    Fire
    Mystical
    Elegant

This list was created by the students, and based off the list, I was trying to do something different because everyone saw this list and thought " Dragons" Everyone drew dragons or phoenix.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's not cool cause you just added feathers to a really common dress with a really common corset, then you've put some bones, claws and wings. This is not a design, it's just a dress with feathers, you know what i mean? There's no main element, no eyecatching details and there isn't an overall style.

I'm sorry, i didn't explained well before, when i say it's not cool i'm not saying "i don't like it" or "it sucks", that's pointless. If the cool factor isn't there it means that you lack most of the things that i've told you right now. If i was your boss i think i had to tell you something like "it's not working, do it again".

I hope i've been more clear

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitsu//San For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu//San View Post
    It's not cool cause you just added feathers to a really common dress with a really common corset, then you've put some bones, claws and wings. This is not a design, it's just a dress with feathers, you know what i mean? There's no main element, no eyecatching details and there isn't an overall style.

I'm sorry, i didn't explained well before, when i say it's not cool i'm not saying "i don't like it" or "it sucks", that's pointless. If the cool factor isn't there it means that you lack most of the things that i've told you right now. If i was your boss i think i had to tell you something like "it's not working, do it again".

I hope I've been more clear

Ah! See, this is a lot more helpful and eye opening!, thank you so much! I'm gonna try and work on improving myself on this information, also I wanna work on better illustration styles as well, such as far as painting.

Thank you. It did indeed help a lot more.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.