Results 53 to 65 of 85
Thread: A rookie sketchbook
May 13th, 2012 #53
Great studies, keep at it!
Hide this ad by registering as a memberMay 15th, 2012 #54
Thank you Sirenus !
Gestures and a quick drawing.
May 20th, 2012 #55
Again, some gestures.
October 9th, 2014 #56
2 years and a half since I post something here and two years and a half I didn't draw... You know, procrastination, then stuff in life and all the excuses I can find... Shame on me and all, but well, complaining is something really useless !
I restart to draw a couple of weeks ago. And of course I have to restart from the begining, but hey, I desserve it.
Here are the stuffs I did the last weeks :
- This one is called "Dawn", the result doesn't feel "polished" and I don't like the setting, the background, the colors...
- This one is called "Bagua Zhang" which is a Chinese internal martial art I practice. I wanted to express it in a picture. I spent an incredible amount of time of it and I'm pretty happy with the result, but... I know it's not really my style wich I still have to find (and I know only pratice can help me) :
- I called this one "Bienveillance" (Benevolence). Again I spent a lot of time, but I don't like the result. In fact, in my opinion the painting process ruined the drawing ^^
- And so, this the drawing of "Bienveillance" :
- Finally a quite quick drawing from imagination (I used a bunch of photo as reference for the previous ones), a lot harder of course :/
I also restarted gesture studies, but not even a full page yet ^^, so I will post them later.
It feels good to be back here and it's always so good to see all those incredible pieces of art members of this forum are sharing !
October 10th, 2014 #57
So, back to gestures, long long way to go...
And a drawing
October 10th, 2014 #58
October 11th, 2014 #59
Thank you SenK, that's motivating
For today, a few failed gestures and a tree :
October 12th, 2014 #60
Gestures of the day. I tried to have several things in mind :
- Stop scratching, confident line !
- No need to hurry, take your time !
- Try to visualize each line before drwing it
The result seems to me a lot better than the last two days !
October 14th, 2014 #61
Gestures again and again...
October 20th, 2014 #62
Some days, it seems that all become more difficult, other days it's seems easier. Constancy comes with experience I suppose.
October 23rd, 2014 #63
October 26th, 2014 #64
I feel like regressing in gestures, very frustrating, but I keep going...
October 26th, 2014 #65
Warm up. Straight lines, circles and ellipses are getting a bit better (sorry for the awful photography...) :
Study from photography. Far to be perfect but I learned a lot :