Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 14 to 17 of 17

Thread: What's going wrong? Help please!

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 481 Times in 315 Posts
    Why is fine art not improving your fundamentals?
    I don't understand.

    I thought fine art meant drawing/painting traditionally from observation et. al
    ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 82 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLouis View Post
    Why is fine art not improving your fundamentals?
    I don't understand.

    I thought fine art meant drawing/painting traditionally from observation et. al
    ?
    That stuff is great, it helps you improve.

    But you don't do much of that at all in a British Fine Art A-level.

    Which is why I said he should do those things of his own initiative, like I've been doing.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Newbury, UK
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Walker View Post
    That stuff is great, it helps you improve.

    But you don't do much of that at all in a British Fine Art A-level.

    Which is why I said he should do those things of his own initiative, like I've been doing.
    what do you do then? i did my a-levels at a local college and had free rein on designing my own projects, so observational drawing and painting was pretty much all I did. sure there are hoops to jump through (do x in the style of x) but you're the one supplying the source material, so draw what you want.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 82 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cro-magnon View Post
    what do you do then? i did my a-levels at a local college and had free rein on designing my own projects, so observational drawing and painting was pretty much all I did. sure there are hoops to jump through (do x in the style of x) but you're the one supplying the source material, so draw what you want.
    This is what I was telling him to do, to take his own initiative with his own education.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. something is wrong
    By veeren in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 15th, 2008, 12:42 PM
  2. I always seem to do something wrong
    By RealDraggor in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 12th, 2008, 10:00 PM
  3. Did I do something wrong?
    By Rachel Parti in forum SUPPORT
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 12th, 2008, 12:03 PM
  4. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    By FourTonMantis in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 24th, 2007, 09:25 PM
  5. Trying to see what im doing wrong
    By ryunix in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 18th, 2006, 04:58 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook