Sketchbook: Willmer's Sketchbook: Beginning of something...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Willmer's Sketchbook: Beginning of something...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Willmer's Sketchbook: Beginning of something...

Hello, welcome to my sketchbook. I am completely new to drawing and painting so this will hopefully be a showcase for my progress as I learn and practice drawing and painting. I am a 23 year old graduate student and just recently realized that I would have to do all the art work for an android game I'm developing. After looking around on CA, I decided to get serious and start my own sketchbook.

I will be looking at a few different books/tutorials to learn the basics such as form, perspective, color, etc and then trying to figure out what exactly a study is and then do some. I welcome all your feedback and critique even if its negative (but I prefer constructive criticism). I am interested in becoming better with the limited time that I have and know that there is a lot of experience and wisdom to be gained from all of you!

Luckily, I have access to Photoshop and Illustrator as well as the ability to check out an Intuos 3 Large from my university until I get my own tablet. My first sketches are the first ones I did on my tablet. I was very surprised how quickly I adapted to drawing on the tablet and hopefully I will get even more comfortable soon.

Sketches for today:
    1. A peach/orange that I drew using some random GIMP/PS tutorial I found. I don't even remember what type of fruit is was supposed to be.

2. A dragonling that I started on. I thought that trying to make the wings more lifelike would be a good start to learning dodging, burning, and smudging.

3. Some skulls I drew with the pencil to see how sketching worked on the tablet. I love how natural the pressure sensitivity feels to me. As I get confident in the lines I've put down, I start automatically pushing harder and defining my sketch better.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, it's quite outstanding that u decided to start drawing from scratch at 23 years, not everybody would be so "enterprising"

i would suggest you to buy some anatomy book or look on the internet for tutorials...take it easy, and maybe in the beginning some trace out of other's drawings can be helpful to get your hand/brain used to drawing movements!

keep going....

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.