Bamboo Capture or Intuos4 Small?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Bamboo Capture or Intuos4 Small?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bamboo Capture or Intuos4 Small?

With rebate gift card in hand, I'm thinking about upgrading my old Graphire tablet to something newer. I can get a Bamboo Capture for about $85, or an Intuos4 Small for around $160. For those that have tried either (or both), is it worth the extra money to go with the Intuos, or would the Capture be a decent enough choice? Mainly for photo work for now, with sketching and doodling as I go along...

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

chaburchak

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey chaburchak,

Like the username, you can take this or not because I am still a student of art and still looking into schools and stuff. But I have both a bamboo Create and Intuos4 Small. The drawing surface of the Intuos4 is flat and plastic and thats what it feels like and a little hard to get used to but it works, plus the extra pen pressure feels great. And the Bamboo Create is just a bigger version of the bamboo you want I think, it has a better feeling surface but it eats away the pen tips alot faster then my Intuos ever did.

Example: I had bought my Intuos back in 2009 used it everyday and only changed the tip once after two years. I think I bought my Create back in November and I'm already on my second pen tip.

Anyway both are great, in the long run I think you should go with the Bamboo, if photo editing is just a side thing for you. But if your going to do it for a living, go with the intuo4. The thing about the Intuos line is when you buy one you well never need a new one.

The only problem I ever found from the smaller Wacom's tablets are that most professional Artist use the intuos medium and up sizes.

Both are great, I can't really pick between them. I use my Intuos4 for 3D Animation and Photoshop Editing and my Bamboo Create for drawing and painting in photoshop only because I needed the bigger drawing area.

Hope this helped,

Good Luck!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the feedback, Sonfan! It's a hard choice -- for roughly the same money I could get the Intuos4 Small or the much larger Bamboo Create. Decisions, decisions... :-)

When navigating around a graphic, do you prefer the multi-touch gestures of the Bamboo, or the Touch-Ring of the Intuos line?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the muti-touch, but it's not really good to have when your working. The problem I have is how it works. You really need to think about what you want to do before you do it. Rotate, Scroll and Zoom are all two finger gestures. To rotate turn your fingers, to Scroll you push up and down to zoom you pinch. The Bamboo also has a three finger scroll to move between apps and the desktop. The problem I have is that I always unwillingly use one or all gestures every time I draw, it can get really annoying trying zoom in and you turn the canvas in photoshop!! Or trying to draw and eye then your programs closes or Google Chrome opens thinking that you software crashed, nope you changed apps with out knowing it. So it can be flow breaking, with the touch ring Scroll Zoom and Rotate all different commands and you can only have one function at a time. You know whats selected, by two things A black menu pops up telling you what command your using and one of 4 lights well be turned on. I like the intuos4 more for multitasking because its harder to mask up the commands, and 6 buttons and the 4 functions of the touch ring. Are better for me over the Bamboos 4 buttons and confusing multi-touch.

The Multi-touch is better for web surfing and relaxing... More for friend and family stuff. Or just showing out to friends and family.

Random Person: Oh whats that do?
    You: I use that for work.
    Random Person: Really??

Then go jump around facebook for a few mins, gets them every time.

But really if your looking at the create now go for the intuos4 is a way better price.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonfan View Post
    I like the muti-touch, but it's not really good to have when your working. The problem I have is how it works. You really need to think about what you want to do before you do it. Rotate, Scroll and Zoom are all two finger gestures. To rotate turn your fingers, to Scroll you push up and down to zoom you pinch. The Bamboo also has a three finger scroll to move between apps and the desktop. The problem I have is that I always unwillingly use one or all gestures every time I draw, it can get really annoying trying zoom in and you turn the canvas in photoshop!! Or trying to draw and eye then your programs closes or Google Chrome opens thinking that you software crashed, nope you changed apps with out knowing it. So it can be flow breaking, with the touch ring Scroll Zoom and Rotate all different commands and you can only have one function at a time. You know whats selected, by two things A black menu pops up telling you what command your using and one of 4 lights well be turned on. I like the intuos4 more for multitasking because its harder to mask up the commands, and 6 buttons and the 4 functions of the touch ring. Are better for me over the Bamboos 4 buttons and confusing multi-touch.

The Multi-touch is better for web surfing and relaxing... More for friend and family stuff. Or just showing out to friends and family.

Random Person: Oh whats that do?
    You: I use that for work.
    Random Person: Really??

Then go jump around facebook for a few mins, gets them every time.

But really if your looking at the create now go for the intuos4 is a way better price.
    Oh Yea, also if your willing to see if you can get a intuos4 medium, and see if the price drops.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as somebody that downgraded from an intuos to a bamboo for the sake of portability and economy, i cannot stress how much better the intuos was, well worth the higher price.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.