Interpretations needed
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Interpretations needed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Interpretations needed

I drew these some time ago. The first one is drawn from my mind and the next is a portrait that I did for someone.

For image 1: What do you think is being communicated here, if anything? What emotions , if any, does it stir? What is your interpretation of the landscape and the character?

For image 2: What do you feel when looking at this? How was she conveyed? What does her personality seem like?

Please don't feel restricted to answering these questions and PLEASE try to avoid self-censorship. I promise I won't get offended or defensive if someone gets nothing from an image or wishes to criticize. Don't be afraid to ask me a tough question that I might not like. I promise to give an honest answer. All that I ask is for well-thought out interpretations of what you think you are looking at.

Thank you!

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, I'll play.

For the first image, I don't even know. It looks like something my brain would conjure up in a dream to mess with me.

The second is nice. She looks like a sassy, but kind-hearted, grandma. Maybe acts younger than she is at times. Likes to hang out with and spoil the grandchildren.

So, it has come to this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I saw your earlier post with the landscape and felt like the focus was supposed to be the dreamlike weird environment. But now the focus is more on the man because he is the strangest thing I've ever seen, haha. But I feel like now there's just to two strange components here and it would make more impact if either the man or the environment was normal looking.

I think the second one looks great. Her clothes are a bit flat in comparison to the rest. Especially her right shoulder

tesorone.deviantart.com
    tesorone.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So far so good. I like these interps but more would be cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first image im getting a happy vibe at first, like he is satisfied with his life and what not because of the color choice but if I look deeper into the image into the background and actual elements that make up the image (spiny skin, weird eye balls) its honestly quite scary. Like its actually has a morbid sense to it.

And as for the portrait it has a sense of familiarity to it, like ive known her when indeed I have not. For some reason the first thing that pops in my mind is a diner owner, one of the old mom and pop ones to be exact. It seems to communicate (by the expression) that she is happy and she cares about the world.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.