Art: Ready For a Roast

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Ready For a Roast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ready For a Roast

This portfolio blog is still in progress, looking to improve my work and rename/add some tabs for better categorizing and hopefully less scrolling.
    All critiques appreciated.

www.halleckarts.com

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice concept work and modelling but I have two cents to give about your organization, 'environments' has a typo and the text right below the banner is missing pieces and not readable (well it is, but it looks messy). Also, your section 'environments' also includes 3d animals and human faces. Perhaps "modeling" or "3d" would be a better title? you could still have a subtitle for environments. I like what you've done with blogspot, its just that illegible type that I have a big problem with, changing the size might help it. If it is only like this on my monitor, I apologize..but it should look good from anyone's computer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bytheoak For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude. I guess you updated this after the first poster because I dont see any faces in environments, or any illegible type.

If I was you, I would take fundamentals off the blog. People who want to hire you are going to assume you know fundamantals, and they dont care what your fundamentals look like--they care what you do for THEM looks like.

If you want a blog of your fundamentals, make a separate one.

I dont know squat about 3d so I wont comment on that. But your 2d concept art looks good. Keep it up.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artfix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah it looks like he changed the sections...but the type is still illegible on my monitor (which is a 1680x1050 LCD, pretty normal). I had the same issue when I used certain fonts on my own blogspot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, keep them comin'.

Yes I might need to find a better font, I think it craps out on certain monitors with lower rez.

I'm not so sure about taking out fundamentals from the main site. Traditional mediums are what I love most and I'm being told by other colleagues to keep them on my site. So I've categorized it under 'personal work' instead of coming off like I'm just showing of I went to school or something. Any reason this this will be harmful?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personal work is a better title, but still it appears like student work when you add the gestures and charcoal drawings. I would still think about how much you want to have in there. Do your thumbnails and pencil studies add positively to your portfolio? Do you consider them all your 'best'? I really like the colours in the nude paintings but unfortunately the anatomy is off in them, which either looks like older work or you haven't practised enough. I'm not saying you have to get rid of it all..just consider each piece carefully and think about replacing as you do more work. One more thing, a typo when you go to the welcome page, it says 'welcom'.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What do you want to be Hcui? If you really like traditional the most, then why is your portfolio full of non-traditional work? Make a goal, choose an industry, and fill your portfolio with it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Artfix For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.