Art: Please crit my portfolio

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Please crit my portfolio

Hi my name is Coby Ricketts. So I am out of work and i Need to start working soon. I know I have allot of work to do to work on my portfolio still but I want to put it out there. Please crit me. Let me know what improvements I can work on. I especially have a hard time with color right now and My stuff is not looking as realistic as I would like. Thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images                    
    Last edited by cricketts801; March 27th, 2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: I wanted to add more
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can quickly tell which of your images is older than the others. The red riding hood (this one especially), and the skeleton with flower are really bringing down the rest of your work, and you don't want weak pieces in your portfolio. You don't have many, but I would choose what you think are your best 7 and keep those, but work on new pieces as well. There are issues with the figures which looks like you have used reference but have trouble getting it across with your shading.
    Personally I like the frankenstein's monster, it has a hand-painted look to it. The last one is not bad either, it looks like your most recent piece. Some nice things happening with the background, you did the fog well. The details in the trees and folds in her robe are nicely done. But her face is flat and unrealistic, and the torso has some very hard highlights which should be softened (especially on the left of her stomach, but in other places as well) hard edges and highlights give the feeling of popping forward so they need to be used sparingly and smartly. Hope this helps for now, let me know if you want more feedback.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bytheoak For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.