View Poll Results: Which is the real original sin?
- 92. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 13 of 36
March 24th, 2012 #1
ChoW#281 :: POLL :: SIN (WINNER:BARA)Character of the Week #281
Create a design for ONE of the Seven Deadly Sins
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 25th MARCH 9PM GMT+1 (8PM GMT)
Check your timezone!
Post your final images in this thread. Remember, any comments posted BEFORE the poll is posted will be removed without any sort of warning.
CHECK YOUR TIMEZONE
CHECK YOUR FILENAME
MAKE SURE YOUR IMAGE ADHERES TO THE BRIEF
- Can be any gender
- Can be any style or genre
- Does not need to be human, but does need to be humanoid
- Must clearly show the Sin you have chosen
- Choose only ONE of the Sins
- BONUS: Include a creature companion
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#281_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow281final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
Last edited by Eofn; April 2nd, 2012 at 04:39 AM.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberMarch 24th, 2012 #2
Follow me here!...
The Following User Says Thank You to devilminer For This Useful Post:
March 24th, 2012 #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
- Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Theologically, the Seven Deadly Sins aren't sins unto themselves, but qualities inherent in a personality that can lead to sinful behavior. Gluttony, though most commonly associated with eating in excess, is synonymous with any kind of intemperance, or over-indulgence. In the most extreme cases, gluttons hurt society by hoarding resources, and also do harm to themselves, damaging what St. Paul called 'the temple of the Holy Spirit' That said, meet Tony. Tony has an addictive personality and lacks the ability to 'just say no.'
March 24th, 2012 #4
The Following User Says Thank You to ded For This Useful Post:
March 25th, 2012 #5
March 25th, 2012 #6Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Thanked 23 Times in 9 Posts
The Proud Horseman, he is the original sin and slaughtered the other deadly sins to prove his prowess. What a jerk xT
Last edited by TheLuvableNerd; March 25th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLuvableNerd For This Useful Post:
March 25th, 2012 #7
Hey! This is my first submission, so please be harsh with your critiques. I've seen some incredible work up here and I'd like to improve.
This is Vanity/Pride, whose sins are embedded in her flesh for her to see. However, due to her vanity, she sees only the shallow beauty she once possessed.
March 25th, 2012 #8Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
I saw in the WIP thread that the idea of chosing a little girl as a personification of envy is quite popular (: I wanted her to look evil and childish at the same time. The outfit should be formal, tight and maybe a bit outdated, but I'm not sure that I managed to show it in the picture. Didn't think it through...
First time participating, hope I haven't broken any rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trespasser For This Useful Post:
March 25th, 2012 #9
March 25th, 2012 #10
Heres mine, Nice round really enjoyed it!Some really nice entries too!
March 25th, 2012 #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Thanked 145 Times in 33 Posts
here's mine, envy.
March 25th, 2012 #12
March 25th, 2012 #13