Anyone Else Watch Legend of Korra? - Page 6

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Watch Legend of Korra?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I remember early on the creators had mentioned that Amon was linked to Zuko. On the Wiki's list of upcoming episodes "Skeletons in the Closet" seems this link is mentioned again.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Haven't seen latest episode. That's going to be an interesting link.
    No clue how that fits into the equation unless it was Zuko's family that caused his burns and issues. Zuko obviously had a son which we haven't seen anything of until now. This son (or daughter) is probably the current fire lord. (if Zuko is even dead)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JFierce View Post
    Haven't seen latest episode. That's going to be an interesting link.
    No clue how that fits into the equation unless it was Zuko's family that caused his burns and issues. Zuko obviously had a son which we haven't seen anything of until now. This son (or daughter) is probably the current fire lord. (if Zuko is even dead)
    Zuko's daughter has been mentioned in the "Welcome to Republic City" thing on Nick. She took over when he left and went about the world or something. Sounded like he was still alive actually.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally saw the latest episode and good lord. That is the most broken mutation of bending ever. To control literally groups of people at will.

Now I REALLY have no clue what the hell Amon is.
    No clue.... ... At all.... ..... Stumped......
    Not related to Yakon most likely, dealt with Tarlok so there's no connection there at all.

Could possibly be another son. But no clue.
    Could be an energy bender if it relates to him being able to affect his own body.
    Some people say he's a spirit or something like Koh the face stealer from the spirit world but that's a stretch.
    A spirit wouldn't be in the human world. Unless it's something like possession and then it just gets convoluted.
    Some say it was just pure willpower how he could move but that makes zero sense at all. That's just pure 'dumb anime' logic.

Last edited by JFierce; June 13th, 2012 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I bet he's only part human. As in he only has part a human body, with all the technology that magically appeared *My biggest beef with LOK* he probably got hurt and has a synthetic body.

OMG though I love this show XD, yeah JFierce that's Aang on your avatar right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by aliM View Post
    I bet he's only part human. As in he only has part a human body, with all the technology that magically appeared *My biggest beef with LOK* he probably got hurt and has a synthetic body.

OMG though I love this show XD, yeah JFierce that's Aang on your avatar right?
    I still don't understand this argument about technology. It mirrors a lot of our own industrial revolution. 1900's hello?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ The above.
    It's mirroring actual society and advances in tech but based in a world where people have abilities. Would be quite the tech boom once the world is globalized in their world.

I don't think he's anything close to a cyborg or with prosthetics. Fans would rage at the ridiculousness.

and yeah it's a random picture I drew one day bored in a hospital and it looked like Aang in his 20's so figured it looked neat for an avatar.... and .... the irony of the avatar as an avatar.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess he could be one of those unique benders Sokka was referring to.

We do know who Amon is though.

He is the solution!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We should start a pool on what's up with Amon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In all honesty I can't imagine who Amon is in the slightest anymore. Every theory is out the window. He's from the spirit world is stupid and convoluted. He said the spirits spoke to him. It might DEAL WITH the spirit world in some form. Maybe.

Energy Bender is a slight possibility in that he can take away bending, and if Energy bending deals with controlling energy if he can control his own then it might override blood bending. Maybe even why he's so strong in general.

But beyond those 2 simple thoughts I have no clue.

And with the way things were left off the big hour finale is without a doubt revealing who Amon is now that Tarlok is clearly not a threat or villain anymore.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the best part is that if book one is air bending and she already knows all the others then what else could she possibly learn in the other books. They will introduce new powers!

Anybody know when the finale is btw?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im guessing korra will lose her bending given the type of character she is it will probably do the most to build her character moving forward particularly in that whole lack of being able to air bending/spirituality thing.
    as far as amon i dont have a clue who he is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Korra won't lose her bending unless Amons method truly deals with the spirit world. In which Korra will then have to overcome her spiritual weakness. Travel to the spirit world and get it back.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by aliM View Post

Anybody know when the finale is btw?
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...&postcount=146

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I laughed when Tenzen sensed the electricity with his beard. Finally he's also kicking ass. Though he should have lost if they electrocuted those bolas at the beginning. Like he did every other time lol.

At least most of them are learning. The mechs didn't clean up because they knew what to expect. Was surprised at Mako's channeling the electricity when hooked.

Legend of Korra has one thing the other Avatar didn't. Intense drama every episode. The original avatar was about a journey, lots of misadventures that didn't have to do with much. Every episode of Korra has purpose. (Except maybe the starting pro bending league episode, but even that had a bit of purpose). Tons of action. I guess.... less kiddie.

That and damn..... Lin...... Noooooooooooooooooooo.....

At the very end I was like "Wait.... Zuko's pretty young"
    But they used the same voice actor for his son. who is named well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was trying to hold back on some spoilers..................

I don't think that's his son ...most likely his grandson. Zuko had a daughter according to the Republic City thing.

These episodes are indeed very intense. I did feel this episode was kinda...well going a bit too fast in this sense....it was like whoa...slow down a bit. Kinda like watching a play in a sense where everyone is rushing to the next scene and you can still see the stage hands rushing over to put the next set together kind of way. Still I enjoyed it.

Tenzin is definitely the man in this episode. It's really nice to see what a fully realized adult Airbender is like. We only got bits and pieces in the previous series.

Meelo is the most disturbing character in the show.

Least they actually got to ride on Naga right this time XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Going into a thread about a show spoilers are expected lol
    People are going to talk about what they saw.

I love Meelo. He's hysterically weird. Funny thing is I know kids like that. They would be just like that if they had Airbending.

I think the finale is when we finally learn about Amons abilities since it showed Korra in the pose of getting her bending taken away. My guess it may trigger her avatar state for the first time. You know it's going to happen with her some time.

I thought the pacing fit in the sense that it was supposed to feel rushed. The equalists are attacking no one has time to react. People are being taken out left and right.

and yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it was the grandson.
    He was a bit young.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm just waiting for them to discover the technique that gives people their bending back...

And what's up with women allways giving birth at the worst possible moment in any show?

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Adds drama. If something bad can go wrong, it will. They keep it out of sight and mind then later in the plot. BAM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah well she was pretty much ready to burst at any moment XD

It would have been pretty funny if that real elderly woman midwife was ...named "Hope"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where are you watching these? T_T I'm only up to "out of the past"

Edit: Found it, omg zuko XD

Last edited by aliM; June 18th, 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nickelodeon Airs them every Saturday

There are also places like iTunes and their(Nick's) website, though there may be a few day delay when the episodes are released.

BTW Nick just uploaded the new ep today.

Last edited by Arshes Nei; June 18th, 2012 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/...ogle_news_blog

Thought this was interesting and confirmed what I said before, that's Zuko's grandson. The 70 years later should have had people doing math lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol I was on the edge of my seat with today's episode, haven't had that kind of thrill over a cartoon since the X-men animated series back in the mid-90's. I wonder what book two will be about, the original avatar was what 6 books total?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsgardKid View Post
    Lol I was on the edge of my seat with today's episode, haven't had that kind of thrill over a cartoon since the X-men animated series back in the mid-90's. I wonder what book two will be about, the original avatar was what 6 books total?
    Uh, no. 3.

Legend of Korra was a bit of a tear jerker but so good. Definitely hoping they have a good artbook and collection for DVD extras.

Last edited by Arshes Nei; June 23rd, 2012 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so what do we all think? I was a bit disappointed theu just fixed everything so quick, it was like a deus ex machina.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think everything was fixed so quick. There are still some outstanding issues to be addressed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not all ends were tied up. The love triangle was unnecessary. Also people keep forgetting that this season was originally a stand-alone story.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kya Hill View Post
    Not all ends were tied up. The love triangle was unnecessary. Also people keep forgetting that this season was originally a stand-alone story.
    The love triangle may be for season 2. I do think Asami was really mature about the whole thing and behaved rather appropriately - it's Mako I think was the least mature about it. Wonder what parallels it had to Tenzin and Lin?

Although I admit it's a bit strange to hear that voice out of Iron (lol even though his voice actor is an adult too!) I will say they were really good about the voice actor choices. Specially Tarlokk and Amon....now that the season was over, it's kinda like "yeah that worked really well". Guess some of my earlier predictions or guesses were right though parts really had me fooled for a bit - never thought it would develop to that.

Glad it wasn't something stupid as "Energy Bending" though.

Philosophically really makes you think about firebending and waterbending.

Firebending seems to get the blame and obvious reasons about being the most destructive of all the bending elements. Look how many times a Firebender was blamed for or was the cause of casualties.

Waterbending is seen more as a healing type bending. Yet now we really see how far waterbending can go to blood bending.

Seems that each element besides air also has some branch of advanced bending too it would be interesting if there's something to develop for Season 2.

Firebending - Lightning
    Earthbending - Metal
    Waterbending - Blood

What would Advanced Air Bending bring? (Not just "fartbending" lol)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree for Asami's part during that whole mess. She got stiffed as the whole thing went on and i guess their conversation during the last ep was probably meant to be taken as breakup.

Iroh II's voice threw me off a little, I couldn't place his age with it. Amon & Tarrloks's story and and end were the best parts to me. I knew that Korra's unbending-ness wouldn't last long, even though I wished it could've lead into the 2nd season but alas..

I'm also glad that it wasn't legit energy bending either and was getting tired of Flame-Shaming tbh lol. Instead of the romance, I would have liked to see more evidence of oppression instead of being told about it. Maybe that'll happen in the last part of The Promise comic since that's an inbetween for the series.

Maybe Advanced Air is the weather? I read/kinda remember that Aang wished he could make a hurricane somewhere.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.