Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Reminder.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,240 Times in 800 Posts
    The badge shows up for me but as a broken image icon.

I'm curious how a team IOW would work in terms of splitting the work up between several people. Maybe the objective could be to do a series of images, like a few different cards for a trading card expansion.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I, too, see the badges. I'm curious, what browsers do you use? Any ad-blockers or similar software? OS? etc etc

dierat, that is actually a great idea. A themed expansion pack style of things would be awesome.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 748 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyctalgia View Post
    I, too, see the badges. I'm curious, what browsers do you use? Any ad-blockers or similar software? OS? etc etc
    I'm on Chrome with no extensions and I see a broken image on both my desktop (PC) and laptop (Mac).
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    I'm on Firefox, OSX Lion, with AdBlock Plus installed and they show up fine.

Cards are a cool idea, but we did tarot cards for team chow II, so that could be considered a little repetitive.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liffey View Post
    The problem with weekly team challenges is simply that making something as a team on the internet takes a lot longer due to conflicting schedules and waiting for communication.
    True true... Monthly then? Or is that too long? Shall we give it a try? Theoretically I (or anyone else for that matter) could already start at least a team signup thread. Or... would that be impolite without mod approval?

And Pxel, I don't see the badge at all as well. On Firefox.

Thanks
    Can't see the badges and I'm on Firefox with adblock. But I doubt it's related.
    'Cuz life is full of your regrets, and I should be one...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahel View Post
    True true... Monthly then? Or is that too long? Shall we give it a try? Theoretically I (or anyone else for that matter) could already start at least a team signup thread. Or... would that be impolite without mod approval?
    Each community challenge group has a person or two that organize it. It's up to them to officially initiate anything. And we would need administrative help to make it seem like a big event (with banners and prizes and such), as it has been in the past.

I was actually thinking about that monthly thing. It still doesn't make sense to do it every month, because although it's fun to do a team challenge now and then, generally people want to work on their own art because they have a specific vision, want to add to their portfolio, etc. It's easy to predict that it would lose popularity in just a couple months. However, it might work to do an orderly run through of all the different challenges. Month 1, team CHoW. Month 2, team COW. Month 3, team IOW and so on. Possibly they would all have a connecting theme, and maybe have a month break in between each. And then once we've gone through the activities, give it a year's rest or something. I dunno, that much team activity would most likely be overkill. Personally I would like to simply do team chow IV (maybe combined with COW), but that's just my opinion and I don't mind bouncing around ideas.

Thanks
    A month wouldn't be too long for a team to produce 4 or 5 images. They would have to do all of the concepting and sumit it for their team's approval before each member could work on any final illustrations. Also, for this to work the first round has to produce some awesome artwork or everyone will lose interest. So I'm in favor of a one month duration.

Edit: I like Liffey's idea of rotating the challenges.
    Last edited by Shorinji_Knight; May 12th, 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Read Liffey's post

Thanks
    Aha, I see. I guess I just automatically assumed that team chow used to be a regular thing at the chow boards that just died out. Now I'm getting the impression that it had more competitive nature than the usual chow, which I guess would make sense all things considered. But anyway yeah, now that you mentioned it, you're right; monthly might not work so well. The challenge rotation idea sounds pretty good too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 399 Posts
    Here`s the thing - Team chows were...an event. A spectacle of awesomeness, badassery and amazing "so-epic-my-eyes-are-bleeding" art. It actually drew out all the high end artist, who are lurking here, out and they showed us what they are made of. And, for the rest of us normal mortals we got a chance to go clash with them head to head, spite the fact our chances of winning were next to non- existent. It brought out the courage, the spite, the pride and that drive to create. It was...epic.

I`m pretty sure I`m not the only one who noticed that the climate here at CA has... changed. There`s more and more talk, but less and less art. Even chow, the most popular group activity, is slowly loosing on contestants and people generally interested to participate. Gosh, I remember times when there were so many entries submitted, some of them had to be cut down. We`re talking about 50+ works here. Now - we`re lucky if we get 20. And that`s on rare occasions too.

We need this. CA needs this. It was the stuff that made this site epic. People want it. People miss it. I`d hate it all to be shut down due to technicalities like admins not responding or the higher-ups being MIA.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PxelSlayer For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    PxelSlayer is right. Everybody has weeklies now. CA used to be, if not the first, almost the first to do them. There need to be a big push for team activities here cause the site needs some new life. Also, I think a whole new group of artist here could really make a splash if they were given half a chance. Maybe the site could offer collecting card decks from the team challenges. That would pay for any expenses. It would be easy to do with moo.com

Thanks
    PixelSlayer on the mf'ing $$. And that's why I'm hesitant about doing team IOW or team COW. If we do something other than CHoW, it still needs to be combined with CHoW, because that's the big draw, and has the potential to revitalize CA a little bit.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dead on on all fronts PxelSlayer.

I'm completely up to helping out in any event, though I think a team ChOW is our best bet. All the weeklies need a boost.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Trick For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast