Thanks

Photoshop CS6 Beta Free Trial -- Thoughts, Anyone?

Article with download links

If you haven't already heard, Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta has been released, and it's available for free trial.

Anyone is free to download and install Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta and no serial number is needed, although you will be required to enter an Adobe ID and activate online within seven days of first launching the application. From then on, the software is free to use until the final release of Photoshop CS6, which is due out sometime later this year.

Landylachs posted in the cheer me up thread, here, a video of some of its new features ("Adobe Camera Raw 7.0, adaptive Wide Angle feature, Field Blur, Iris Blur, Tilt-Shift, Content-Aware Move, new Crop tool, video editing..."). Oh, and also this video, which shows a slightly different set of features.

Has anyone here tried it? Would you prefer it over CS5?
    Last edited by Kuroyue; March 23rd, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 747 Posts
    I got the notice. I haven't made up my mind whether to download the beta.

I'm on CS3 at the moment. When this machine was new, I took advantage of the 30-day CS5 test drive. It certainly did some things better than CS3, but wasn't a big enough jump to coax the money out of my britches. CS6 will have to be a lot better than that.

That's assuming I can even upgrade 3 to 6. Around Christmas, they said they were changing their upgrade policy and I don't know if they rethought that.
    I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    I wonder if they'll ever make a better sketching tool. I'm sick of photoshop being so horrible at line work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I wonder if they'll ever make a better sketching tool. I'm sick of photoshop being so horrible at line work.
    http://www.photoshopuser.com/cs6
    -> click on the "erodible brush tips" video.
    No idea whether it is what you had in mind?

Thanks
    OOH downloading now.... I'm just excited for the new features and UI
    simple things...

As for:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I hope you meant by fixing things like this... a thread i made on pressure strokes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    Okay here is my gripe. The level you are zoomed in or out at effects your line quality as you can see from the image I uploaded. I was trying to pull a straight line with one broad stroke. This is easy on paper, not so much on the tablet. The jerky lines should say it all.

There needs to be some sort of cross between the vector tool and the brush. Adobe seems to be investing more into ways to get painterly rather than controlled.

Thanks
    Have they added a color picker window yet? That's the only thing that's ever going to convince me to upgrade.

Thanks
    There's a free painters wheel plugin you can install for CS5, actually, but it crashes CS5 when you start dragging tabbed windows apart... I've seen some other plugins like it, but not for free.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 747 Posts
    You know what I would pay for? You know when you want to crop your image to a precise pixel size, so you go to Image >> Canvas Size and type in a smaller size and you get the warning popup:

! The new canvas size is smaller than the current canvas size; some clipping will occur
    Can you imagine how much time I would save if I didn't have to shout, "yeah, it's called CROPPING" every time I got that warning message?
    I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoat For This Useful Post: