Art: Reptile Beings

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Reptile Beings

Reptile Beings

What if dinosaurs where still here today?
    Something done for fun, it was long time since i haven't the opportunity to relax and just draw whatever random thing. Since i'm a scifi oriented i've decided to draw something i haven't done for so long. Hope you like it!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Woah! nice.

nice, work...great texture in the background for presentation, is it a scan of paper? or did you make it with texture brushes? ive been looking for a good resource of nice paper scans....can never really get my hands on any to scan myself.

Really nice work, and a very cool concept. Reminds me of the ancient humanoid lizard people from the more recent Dr.Who series. But your characters are much cooler looking and believable. I think the show was out of budget by the time they got around to those costumes.

Thank you guys! I totally agree that Dr Who series would need a good concept artist from time to time but maybe it's just a budget matter. Anyway the scan i used here for the background it's not paper, it's those kind of leather you use for car cleaning (be creative ), i don't know how's called ^^

Nice designs. That texture worked well here.

Fantastic art Hitsu//San. These look great, very well presented too. Reminds me of some of Feng Zhu's work.

Thank you ... Feng Zhu works... this is one hell of a compliment but yeah, maybe one day.

Lovely line weight and I agree the texture works well. The arm detail is especially well done. What program are you using for your line work?

Thanks! This is Photoshop CS5 with the default round brush anyway, if i can recall correctly i just changed something around the minimum or maximum diameter for that brush. Nothing fancy.

I feel bad that I have missed out on posting on your thread here. You have been wonderful to crit and push much of my work. First off post mooooaaaaaarrrr!! The reptile dudes are awesome. Splendid linework. They feel a bit underdesigned though. The actual figures are solid but the outfits are lacking some high frequency detail. The boots on the hunter and the pants/skirt on the guy on the right could use something to break up / add to the design.

Swap the heads on #2 and #3, that might make them look more proportional. Also, #1 should probably have 3 toes, right?

@ Ninjac: You're totally right, currently IT IS underdesigned because i've done this thing under a couple of hours, i didn't make a single sketch or a silhouette for those guys. The end result obviously was a fine work of what i know and a poor work of what i was ignoring (the outfits and stuff). If i had to do this thing for a client of course i would have done some design on the culture of those creatures. (Funny stuff, i was talking about this on the 07/26/2012 blog post that i've made). Anyway maybe i'll show you something else like this work on the next few days when i finish to build up my new pc and i can access to my storages.

@CatmanFS: that might or it does? How much do you know about proportion in the entertainment design? I thin they are more than fine like this.

Oh yea I remember reading something about your computer blowing up on your blog. Nasty stuff. Yea I like the heads the way they are. It adds an interesting contrast and makes the characters more memorable. Looking forward to seeing more artwerks

Members who have read this thread: 1