Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anybody using the Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet?

Thanks
    It's the best for beginners, reasonably priced and can give stunning results.
    I unfortunately only had mine for 6 months before the cable broke though. The cables look like they're only really secured with heat-shrink tube.

I've heard the Intuos3 is fantastic. I use an Intuos4, but the nib-wear problem can get irritating.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F4celess View Post
    I think the wrist pains really depends on the user. I for one did full paintings in one sitting with the Bamboo, that would be something like 6-8 hours. No pain at all.

If you have the chance when looking for a tablet. Try out the different sizes and versions. Bigger is not always automatically better.
    Unfortunately I can't really test any out. I live in Ecuador. They have a pretty shabby selection of electronics to look at down here, and It'd be a miracle if they actually sold tablets down here. But I'm not sure so I'll check anyways.

Thanks
    I have an Intuos 2 and an Intuos 4. I bought the Intuos 2 brand new many years ago. It still works great and frankly I barely noticed the extra pressure levels with the Intuos 4 when I got one. And despite the lack of buttons on the side of the Intuos2 it doesn't make a difference to me as I use the keyboard shortcuts more than the buttons on the Intuos 4 anyway. The Intuous 2 has a touchstrip across the tablet that responds to the pen, giving you a some shortcuts including a "soft, medium, and firm" pressure which is really nice.

The Intous 2 is a great tablet despite being old, but I would try to find the Large size(9 x 12 I believe). You can find them on eBay but make sure you find one in very good condition. I have used the Bamboo and it is fine, but I would easily pick an Intous 2 in good condition over the Bamboo.

Thanks
    My friend once told me: BAMBOO CTH-670 is cheap & fine, probably 200 dols. Not advertise!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toad1971 View Post
    I have an Intuos 2 and an Intuos 4. I bought the Intuos 2 brand new many years ago. It still works great and frankly I barely noticed the extra pressure levels with the Intuos 4 when I got one. And despite the lack of buttons on the side of the Intuos2 it doesn't make a difference to me as I use the keyboard shortcuts more than the buttons on the Intuos 4 anyway. The Intuous 2 has a touchstrip across the tablet that responds to the pen, giving you a some shortcuts including a "soft, medium, and firm" pressure which is really nice.

The Intous 2 is a great tablet despite being old, but I would try to find the Large size(9 x 12 I believe). You can find them on eBay but make sure you find one in very good condition. I have used the Bamboo and it is fine, but I would easily pick an Intous 2 in good condition over the Bamboo.
    Thanks for the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2