paintr ix.5 brushes

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

paintr ix.5 brushes

Hi all.Has taken me a while to realize that the extras brushes on my painter CD have appeared on my computer,but not within the painter interface ,and cannot be used.
    The relevant files appear in application data,in the program files.
    I have a win 7 64 bit computer,and have had no other installation probs.
    Is there some step I have overlooked?
    Hope you can help
    Poppy

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    As they are extras, they are not meant to be installed with the program files, at least not initially. When you want to load a Library from the Extras you navigate to the Extras folder from Painter's interface - using Import from the Papers Panel for example.

Unfortunately, Brushes have to be installed manually so you need to copy the relevant folder from Extras to the proper place in either the Program Folder or, as most people do, your Painter User Folder found under Users>Your Name>AppData>Roaming>Corel. Be sure to check that you are installing with the correct hierarchy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwipoppy View Post
    Hi all.Has taken me a while to realize that the extras brushes on my painter CD have appeared on my computer,but not within the painter interface ,and cannot be used.
    The relevant files appear in application data,in the program files.
    I have a win 7 64 bit computer,and have had no other installation probs.
    Is there some step I have overlooked?
    Hope you can help
    Poppy
    Hi kiwipoppy,

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit with Painter 12.1 and the latest Update installed (12/1/0/1250)

On the CD, in the Extras folder, you'll see a sub-folder named Brushes.

Inside that folder are Brush Library folders containing Brush Category folders and same-name 30 x 30 pixel Brush Category icon image files.

The simplest way to install these is to copy and paste the Brush Library folder(s) into the following folder:

C: > Program Files > Corel > Painter12 > Brushes

Everything in the Brush Library folder(s) will then be automatically installed in the correct locations.

When Painter 12 was first released, there were some problems when we installed custom (or Extra) brushes into the User folder. Painter 12 went haywire and wrote extra folders into the User folder whenever we switched brush variants (or brush categories). This mess may have been solved by now, I'm not sure, but it's safer to install in the application/program folder (path above) until you're sure that bug is gone now.

If you do find out the bug is completely gone, the appropriate path to your User folder is:

[User Name] > AppData > Roaming > Corel > Painter 12 > [Workspace Name] > Brushes

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks

installing brushes painter IX.5

Hi all,thanks for replying.the relevant extras brush files are there in my users appdata file,also in the x86 Program files,but don't appear in the painter interface.anything else I may have missed?
    Thanks
    Poppy

Thanks
    They won't appear inside Painter until you load them.

Check Help menu > Help Topics to learn how as each item is loaded in its own way.

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Perhaps "Brush library > "Your brushes folder" ?

Jay's CA.org Sketchbook:
    Jay's Conceptart.org sketchbook

Check out my portfolio:
    http://jasonrossart.carbonmade.com

Check out my blog:
    http://mind2pixels.blogspot.com

"Practice" DOES NOT make perfect...
    "Perfect Practice" makes perfect...

Thanks
    Hi,again,this is painter 9.5 with windows 64 bit,that I am trying to install the extras brushes into.
    As I mentioned they are visible in the program files,and in users appdata folder but still don't appear in the interface.any other ideas??many thanks

Thanks
    You should put the extras brushes (not the folder saying extra brushes but just the brush folders themselves plus the .jpg with the same name that goes with them) into:

Program Files (x86) / Corel / Painter IX / Brushes / Painter Brushes

Remember the .jpg should be outside the brush folder of the same name, but within the Painter Brushes folder in the Program Files. If the .jpg is not also there the brush category wont show in the Program.

For your future ref, if you ever get more than 8gb installed Painter IX.5 wont work as there is an old memory limitation that only got fixed in Painter 11. However you can try and apply a third party work around from here (at your own risk of course).

Thanks
    Thanks will try that.is it better to delete all the relevant new brush files from all locations and start again from scratch before I do that?
    Thanks again

Thanks
    Hi again.started from scratch.tried installing separate brush categories from the CD,plus the relevant jpg into the painter brushes file in the painter 9.5 folder(in program files(x86)).still no luck.perhaps someone could give me a detailed step by step,and an idea as to how installed brushes should look.so frustrating not to be able to access content I have paid for.thanks

Thanks

painter ix.5 brush extras

Hi everyone,still trying to install the extra brushes from the CD,they appear in the program files x86 and in the app data but not in the program interface.this is on win 7 64 bit.
    A solution I have seen is to create new brush categories from within painter,I can't see how to do this,any ideas?
    There is a option to load brush libraries but files with that file extension(brs?)don't seem to exist on my computer.
    Otherwise painter IX.5 works well,there has got to be a way to access those brushes!
    Thanks
    kiwipoppy

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.