Cintiq 24HD - Having Problems With Pressure Sensetivity.

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy Cintiq 24HD - Having Problems With Pressure Sensetivity.

Hey Guys and Girls,

I've had my Wacom Cintiq 24HD for a few months now and i haven't had any problems with it whatsoever, except every now and then when im sketching or drawing fairly fast my pen ends up not registering a light stroke, and doing a full sized one as if it was just a regular click of a mouse. i understand its just a matter of pressing undo, but it gets frustrating when ive done a few extra strokes on top of it and have to go all the way back to get rid of it. it also has a habit of killing my mood, or snapping me out of my zone if you will. i was just wondering whether any other 24hd owners are experiencing the same problem?

it i've noticed it happen in Adobe Flash, Photoshop and Illustrator CS5.5
    Im also running Windows XP.

just to cancel this out, i have tried changing nibs but that hasn't helped.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't have the 24HD but I do have the 12wx and the same problem is occurring. I wish I had the answers for you but everything I've tried seems to be ineffective.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Are your strokes properly tapering from each end out of curiosity? Or are you getting a roundish end and then a tapered tail (shoelace).

Are you guys running intel machines by the way?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've had this happen since intuos4 in Sketchbook Pro, but not in Photoshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Arshes,
    I am running an Intel but I'm not getting any shoelaces. The problem with the pressure sensitivity seems to occur in Photoshop CS5 & CS6 for me. I have my old version of CS2 on the same machine and I haven't encountered the problem there.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hey Plague,

From what I remember this was a constant issue (where pressure sensitivity was lost) since CS3. I wonder if instead of loosing it entirely it's now an erratic/loss of pressure stroke. The only other thing I can think may cause it is a graphics card issue.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, Arshes. I'll look into the graphics card to see if that might be the problem.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I finally got something to work. I had tried previous Wacom drivers before but apparently I didn't go far enough back. I tried the oldest driver they have, 6.1.2-5, and that seems to have worked. I plan on doing some more testing but for now this will work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have this problem with cs5 and an intuos 3. I have tried older drivers but it just happens less regularly. It seems it is just something ill have to live with

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ugh, I have this same problem, since I got a new computer a few months back (Win 7, 64 bit). Since I heard older drivers worked better, I did that (after cleaning up anything I could find related to Wacom in my computer first), and it just seems to occur less frequently (but still does) as Peterhurman states.

Never had any problems on my 32-bit Vista, which was also running CS5, though my drivers were not up-to-date either (I think I was using the March 2010 driver).

If anyone knows of other solutions, I'd love to know.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Arshes Nei,
    I experienced some shoelacing a while ago, (probably the area between when I created the post and now.) but it seems to have stopped now.
    what i'm still experiencing is what I explained up the top. you know how with the pressure sensors its possible to have a big brush size but when you draw lightly it doesnt fill the whole circle?
    the problem im getting is i like to lay down a buttload of strokes at the beginning of my drawing. maybe to get used to the calibration or create something to make do until i even figure out what i'd like it to be? sort of like a sketching syle.
    The problem I get is maybe 1 out of every 15 strokes is registered as a full stroke, so the pen acts as if im pushing the pen down to full pressure (thus filling the whole circle) leaving a gargantuous line where it should be a thin stroke.
    The annoying thing about this is that by the time i've realised this has happened i've done maybe another 4-6 strokes so i need to go back and undo everything. Every now and then one of those 4-6 strokes will be exactly where i want it but i lose it due to the damn pressure sensor :/
    I guess its first world problems but after paying thousands of dollars for a flash 24hd id at least expect them to get their patented technologly right?

"War doesn't determine who is , but who is ."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SturdyDesign For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm having the same problem with my Cintiq 24HD on Photoshop CS6 on Win7 64bit...

It never happened on Illustrator or any other program though...

have you found a solution? I checked around the net and some other people have the same issue, but they couldn't solve it and Wacom Tech Support wasn't very useful either...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    on the european wacom forum there are many others with the same problem as well...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Resurrection! Sorry guys, i was just keen to see whether anyone has managed to find any fixes to this problem?

"War doesn't determine who is , but who is ."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Same thing is happening for me, seems to happen when i switch programs...not a huge deal but gets really annoying. Some days it happens more often than others. Also happens in Digicel Flipbook so its not an Adobe Issue.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not sure if this has been tried already-- I have not tried it myself so download at your own risk but since it is a university site I doubt there would be anything malicious.

http://www.it.ringling.edu/known-iss...blets-and-pen/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there!
    I'm having the same problem with my Cintiq 22HD on Photoshop CS6 on Win7 64bit...
    I have worked my way trough many message boards and treid almost all solutions there. Going back to an older driver doesn't really work with the 22HD, it only has 3 driver versions so far.

Anybody cam up with anything new?
    B#M ybiggest source so far was this wacom topic but nothing helped. Maybe it will help if people with this problem post in there too.

My Lovercraft is full of eels.
    http://www.jung-comics.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there!
    I'm having the same problem with my Cintiq 22HD on Photoshop CS6 on Win7 64bit...
    I have worked my way trough many message boards and treid almost all solutions there. Going back to an older driver doesn't really work with the 22HD, it only has 3 driver versions so far.

Anybody cam up with anything new?
    B#M ybiggest source so far was this wacom topic but nothing helped. Maybe it will help if people with this problem post in there too.

My Lovercraft is full of eels.
    http://www.jung-comics.com/

Members who have read this thread: 3