E.O.W Round #184: Debris Field - (Winner: bara)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: E.O.W Round #184: Debris Field POLL

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tea of Doom

4 5.97%
  • Dkmaster

0 0%
  • Pixeltuner

5 7.46%
  • Kauil

6 8.96%
  • marko markovic

6 8.96%
  • lkjhgfdsa

3 4.48%
  • Corrick

8 11.94%
  • najtkriss

1 1.49%
  • unruhe

27 40.30%
  • Yatzenty

16 23.88%
  • MartinC

1 1.49%
  • Trespasser

0 0%
  • dtouched

2 2.99%
  • AdrianNagorski

0 0%
  • KimPaow

0 0%
  • bara

29 43.28%
  • Snafu

7 10.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

E.O.W Round #184: Debris Field

TOPIC = Debris Field
    suggested by Corrick

Brief:

Debris
    - The scattered remains of something broken or destroyed; rubble or wreckage.
    - Carelessly discarded refuse; litter.
    - Geology: An accumulation of relatively large rock fragments: glacial debris.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/debris#ixzz1o9pIB9AF

Field
    - A broad, level, open expanse of land.
    - A meadow.
    - A cultivated expanse of land, especially one devoted to a particular crop.
    - A portion of land or a geologic formation containing a specified natural resource.
    - A wide unbroken expanse, as of ice.

- A battleground.
    - A battle.
    - The scene or an area of military operations or maneuvers.
    - A military area away from headquarters.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/field#ixzz1o9pvaw9S

This is an open-ended topic.

DEADLINE: Sunday, March 18th

ENTRIES:

Tea of Doom

A collision between many commercial transport spaceships created a massive wreck. Scavengers from a nearby planet were quick to get to the debris field and loot anything usefull they could find before the police could arrive.

Dkmaster

Pixeltuner

Kauil

After the field testing of an anti-gravitation device came to an abrupt end, rumors of levitating, self-illuminating rock formations over Maryhay fields started spreading.

marko markovic

lkjhgfdsa

Landing shuttle debris field on alien landscape...

Corrick

Debris... in Spaaaaace.

najtkriss

unruhe

Yatzenty

What you see is a town damaged by hurricane or flood. Originally I wanted to have a flower of hope ( Iris ) in the foreground growing out of the flipped root but it just didn't fit there at all.

MartinC

Trespasser

dtouched

AdrianNagorski

KimPaow

bara

Snafu

Vote for your favorite entries!

-----------------------------

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vulgar` For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tired hungry and incoherent,
    please take no offense to my comments + critiques.
    wont even spell check LOL

Snafu - interesting shapes, liking the colour, tho those sprincled paint dots dont help,
    i like the depth of field you made quite a bit of distance in this image.
    but i dont think the debris is noticeable enought just like in my piece.

bara - a bit of ourside the box thinking, i like it, it reminds me of s.t.a.l.k.e.r
    its like one of the anomali that occur in the zone, the simplicity of your piece is good,
    but the chunky mountain in the back could of had more punch to it, voted for you tho.

KimPaow
    - interesting idea, going for a magical fort? with a field of debri as a shield.
    nice idea. i would use more photo refrence for practise to get a more relistic image.

AdrianNagorski - total sh#t was is this?!?!?!?!

dtouched
    - liking the atmosphere, the ring sort of pulls most of the attention away from the rest of the
    image, im liking where this one is headed i wish you had more time for this one.

Trespasser - great lighting set up, this could of been extremly awesome.

MartinC
    - talk about being in the deep end of the rubble, so much destruction, i love it,
    the orange sunset is awesome but you missed out on adding that colour to your foreground
    elements so its creating a miss match from warm to extreme dark, but i get it
    very beautiful idea.

Yatzenty - got my vote, i would be a bit careful about that spray sprincle brush you used for the
    back ground atmoshphere the sort of white blue color, it stands out a bit, other than that
    great.

unruhe - simplicity and atmopshere. sneaky but cool.

najtkriss - liking the lighting in this one, tho im not a fan of the blue stuff, seems like a good focual point
    liking the debris a sort of silence that your image has portaying space well, felt like reaching for some
    oxygen.

Corrick - simplicity and atmosphere. sneaky i like the coulds in the back but its weird for space in the sense that they seem like
    earth clouds not space clouds.

lkjhgfdsa
    - this must of taken you ages!!! i like the whole thing, one thing i would say is that dude is steering at a wall,
    maybe popping something farther in the distance that he/she is looking at might make more sense?? you got my vote.

marko markovic - i like the space station, cool color scheme, the rocks tho are to photo realistic so they stand out way to much.

Kauil- intersting idea, your debris look like sparks, i like the space you created and the dark color scheme pretty hard to do.

Pixeltuner - i wish you had more time for this one seems like its got so much potential for a fantasy setting with a dragon or something
    in it, or a party of frightened dwarfs.

Dkmaster- liking the way you painted the debris parts falling apart, pretty good in grey scale.

Tea of Doom - nice scene, more time on this would have made it awesome, i think also localizing the smoke under the ship would have portraid more
    motion as well as the poses of the two guys on the right if you made them a bit more conserned with the guy about to fall of the building.
    over all a good idea i like.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AdrianNagorski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For me, the works of Corrick and unruhe most scream "debris field"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Bara: Man you are killing it in these competions lately. Very cool stuff you're knocking out. Composition pallette and drama, ticking every box for me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some comments for you students of grand wizardry:

Tea of Doom - Great sense of motion in the falling structures; I think the scale of this makes up for the lack of visual clarity due to possible time constraints. Interesting scene and solid color schemes.

Dkmaster - Cool and pretty chunky take on the topic. The white space glow was effective here, though a little underdeveloped and utilized. I didn't think it could be efficient in projecting a space-time feel, but it did. First entry i've seen from you, welcome.

Pixeltuner - I get the sensation that you love to draw tree and bush foliage which is always nice to witness. The colors and overall foreign depth of this one gives it an exotic but familiarly pleasant scent. Maybe this is where sentient warriors go for family picnics..

Kauil - This caught my eye and I immediately liked it since I first saw you post it. The way it hits my senses is a gorgeous visual, but I don't think it's complete. The tractor seems thrown in there for scale and storyline purposes. I really liked the idea of this though. The darkhorse of this round, I would say.

marko markovic - Strong galactic base theme, that is quite a structure. Reminds of me a level in a Starcraft videogame if they made it a shooter. I think it might be a tad bit too dark in some places, too many shadowy areas not illuminated by light sources. Unless it's unpopulated and floating in dead space trailed by asteroids for a reason. It might've been hit by the same debris that surrounds it at a previous date..

lkjhgfdsa - A very grainy and residue-y style which is a staple of your renderings i've come to know from other weekly activities and of course the DSG that you have graced often. This looks very homemade, as in particular attention is given to some elements but others are neglected. There isn't a ton of color variation and there seems to be consistent patterns of the same details, giving this a well done but predictable appearance. Not sure if that is even a good critique but it came to mind. Good stuff man.

Corrick - Technically savvy as usual from you but didn't feel like a very spirited effort from you. This was more ordinary than, let's say, the recent entry you did for the glowing river theme. Maybe you are too used to being good at space environments and slacked off during the envisionment process of this scene? Regardless, you got my vote.

najtkriss - There's a lot to take in and observe here, and the dark border that envelops the image leads me to visualize that this is meant to be a movie screenshot of some kind. The best part about this for me was the burst of sunlight: a nice touch.

unruhe - Gritty undertaking with just enough greenery to act as the nutrient to a dark environment. Once again you bring elegance to terrains that wouldn't normally bear that trait.

Yatzenty - Impressive work, that is very thoroughly done. New Orleans apocalyptic type of feel with a merciless but reflective mural of paint to give it realism. First time I've seen you, welcome to the EOW activity!

MartinC - This looks like it could've been a sequel to your first painting of Cybertron for the Transformers Planet activity. Similar hues and line work here as well as mood. I think this is a fierce style but might need a dose or two of more clarity to increase the distinction of shapes.

Trespasser - I know you said you'd rather if this didn't go to poll but I liked it and thought it deserved to be alongside everyone else's finals. You did a good job here and made this into a believable scene.

dtouched - I'm a sucker for these kinds of environments. You nailed the sensation of the unknown.. that mechanical unit is reminiscent of the tripods from War of the Worlds, only more compact and customized. The landscape is also reminiscent of a wartorn London. Nice work! You got my vote.

AdrianNagorski - Mooooore improvement from you Adrian. Who doesn't like misty mountains and valleys of green with jagged rock formations and shrubbery poking out every which way? It appears to be very 'sketchy' but it is also fulfilling.

KimPaow - That is an interesting interpretation of the concept but there isn't a whole lot of excitement happening here. This looks like a very plain postcard from where I'm sitting.. I think you could've given this more life, more of a reason to gaze at the structure floating above the lake and say 'wow, I never would have thought of that.'

bara - Excellent piece, probably the most well rounded of the bunch this round. I thought you nailed the topic and you got my vote.

Snafu - As well done this is (it's eye candy at first sight) this still feels undone, which makes me suspect that you didn't want this to go to poll. Still, I really liked the direction you took it in, a visually pleasing offering with bright potential to be a powerhitter.

Nice round guys!

Last edited by Vulgar`; March 22nd, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
    Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vulgar` For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.