Summer School at the Repin Art Institute (Russian Academy of Arts)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Repin Art Institute (The Russian Academy of Arts) is announcing a new program —

The Summer School.

Name:  4a15c0353a9c.jpg
Views: 3432
Size:  115.9 KB

It will be run annually during summer time, in the main building of the Academy, in the workshops where used to study and teach the most profound Russian artists.

Program Description

The program duration is 4 weeks:
    • June Session (1-29 June 2012), or
    • July Session (2-27 July 2012)

5 academic hours a day, 5 times a week;
    Total amount of hours: 96 hours
    Total amount of students in a group: minimum 14, maximum 16.

At this time one group is recruiting English speaking students, another group is set up for Russian graduate students (Advanced Training Program). A third group is intended for international students who speak Chinese.

The studying is concentrated on classical drawing and painting. The program and its time frame are offered exactly the way as it was traditionally taught at the Academy:

10.00am - 11.45am – Drawing
    12.15pm - 3.00pm – Painting

Name:  IMGP7482.JPG
Views: 2622
Size:  69.6 KB

Materials, techniques, class duration

Portrait Drawing – paper, pencil, 50x40 sm = 14 hours
    Nude Figure Drawing – paper, pencil, 60x40 sm = 22 hours
    Portrait Painting – oil, canvas, 50x40 sm = 21 hours
    Nude Figure Painting – oil, canvas, 60x45 sm = 33 hours

Certificate

By the end of the program you'll receive an official certificate about your completion of the program, stamped and signed by the Academy Board and a provost. Credit units will be listed there, as well as description and duration of disciplines you've been taking and completed.

The certificate is acceptable by most art institutions worldwide as the Academy is an accredited institution by the Russian Ministry of Education.

Please be aware that a certificate is issued only by the fact of successful completion of the program. On the last day of the program there will be an Evaluation by the Academy Board that will be reviewing all your work completed within the program.

If you don't need a certificate, please still make sure you follow up with the studying process.

Price

4 week program (96 hours) = 1250.00 euro.

Included:
    • 96 hours of practical studying with one of the best professors of the Academy
    • model fee
    • interpreter
    • easels
    • 3 guided lectured tours: The Academy, The Hermitage, The Russian Art Museum
    • official invitation for your entrance visa (sent to you by Certified International Airmail)
    • a certificate of completion

Not included: transportation, food and accommodations.

Money must be sent in either Euro or Rubles (equal to the listed amount in euro) to the Repin Institute bank account. The bank details can be found on the website and will also be listed in your Agreement.

• 250.00 euro application fee must be submitted to start an application process and to reserve your space in the program.
      /Application fee is paid only after our confirmation letter of your acceptance to the program based on reviewing your portfolio./
    • 1,000.00 euro must be submitted by the end of May (for June program) and by the end of June (for July program).

Name:  L1040540.JPG
Views: 2566
Size:  94.6 KB

Faculty and Staff

Director
    The director of the program is Vladimir Mogilevtsev, a leading professor of the Academy. In 2011 he was awarded by the Academy with Gold and Silver medals for his teaching achievements and for his teaching aids Fundamentals of Drawing and Academic Drawings and Sketches. Prof. V.A. Mogilevtsev is also an author of a new teaching aid Fundamentals of Painting.

Professors
    Only the best professors of the Academy faculty will be teaching this program. The course is very intensive, so we make sure only those who're very knowledgeable and highly experienced will be responsible to handle this task. Interpreter as well as models will be provided, their fees are included in the total cost.

Manager/Administrator
    For all kind of administrative questions, program preparation and organizational issues please send your inquiries to admin@artacademia.org. You can also call +7 (921) 317 9890.

Accommodations

Your managers will be responsible for helping you with your accommodations. They will make sure you have a good place for your staying here. There are several options nearby the Academy: appartment rentals, hotels, hostels. The Academy is located about one mile from the Hermitage as well as from the main artery of the city, the Nevsky Prospect.

How to apply

• Submit your portfolio by sending it as an archived file (less than 5meg) to admin@artacademia.org
    • Send a copy of your passport to the same e-mail address
    • Submit an Application (available online via website)
    • Send a non-refundable 250.00 euro application fee (included in total payment).

/Application fee is paid only after our confirmation letter of your acceptance to the program based on reviewing your portfolio./

Application deadline

For June Session - until the middle of April;
    For July Session - until the middle of May.

Please be aware there are only 16 spaces available for international students. At this time we can't handle any more groups. In the future we might be able to run two international groups (with 4 groups in total).

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 2589
Size:  60.5 KB

Portfolio Requirements

You won't have to study Russian as the program will be run with an interpreter, but please make sure your art skills are acceptable to be able to catch up with such an intensive course.

Send your portfolio to admin@artacademia.org or provide a link within your Application.
    Make sure you archive your file as .zip or .rar and the total file size doesn't exceed 5mb.
    Your portfolio must be in JPEG or PDF format and being printable.

Your portfolio must present 6-10 good quality samples of the following *:
    • Portrait drawing
    • Figure (nude) drawing
    • Portrait painting
    • Figure (nude) painting
    • Cast drawing
    • Still-life drawing
    • Landscape painting

The following media and materials are accepted for your portfolio:
    - Drawings: pencil, paper
    - Paintings: oil, canvas

* Consider this list as mostly recommendation, not a requirement (e.g, not everyone has nude figure drawings, so you can substitute this with your still-life or portrait samples, etc).

No digital work of any kind.
    No works made from photos (absolutely "no" for the Academy).
    No fantasy, 3D, etc.
    Only classical, academic samples of real objects and real people.

For any questions or inquiries please write to admin@artacademia.org.
    You are also welcome to post your comments and questions right here or on the Summer School website: rai-summer.blogspot.com

Detailed schedule of the program.

Name:  800px-Petersburgacademy.jpg
Views: 2195
Size:  100.4 KB

Last edited by Book Guru; April 19th, 2013 at 06:06 AM. Reason: website links have been updated
    www.4-art.org - art educational books
    www.Practicum.org - art educational portal
    guru@4-art.org - my direct e-mail
    Russian Academy of Arts thread - all about it

There was a sign on the Academy building, “Free Arts”. “What’s that?”, we asked our professor. – “That’s to be able to create anything, but to create what you want to.”
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What a tremendous month-long course at such a prestigious academy, and at a giveaway price.

I see they've established a 95 hour course--16 hours of portrait drawing, 22 hours of nude figure drawing, 21 hours of portrait painting, and 36 hours of nude figure painting.

No digital, no copying from photos, no concept stuff, applications must be accompanied by 6 to 10 works painted/sketched FROM LIFE.

bg, this is undoubtedly going to be an outstanding summer course, glad you're involved.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Lawrence,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your support.

Actually, I'm really delighted to finally have this program available at the Academy. For several years we've been asked for summer classes by both Russian and international students.

By the way, the very idea of Preparation Courses belongs to Professor V.A. Mogilevtsev as well. This kind of courses used to exist at the Imperial Art Academy over 100 years ago. He's searched for all the information, gathered necessary material, developed the curriculum for the program. And about 10 years ago he approached with this idea the Academy Provost. Since then we have one of the most popular program at the Academy.

So the Summer School is also his kind of idea. Well, I was asking for this program those who are in charge, but this idea was in the air for too long, no one was taking a responsibility. Finally, the guy who's always looking for troubles (Mogilevtsev) decided to be in charge.

And... Yes, I also used a calculator when writing this program, but it includes several lecture-tours, which makes this program over 100 hours. So I guess it's a fair calculation.

There was a sign on the Academy building, “Free Arts”. “What’s that?”, we asked our professor. – “That’s to be able to create anything, but to create what you want to.”

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys,

Sorry for a little confusion about an application fee.

Of course, you pay this ONLY if you're accepted. (I've just updated the info above.)

So again the procedure goes as follows:
    1. Send your portfolio. If it's not sufficient we'll ask you to add more samples. If there is still time you can work on it and then submit it again.
    2. You receive an official confirmation from us about your portfolio review and your acceptance to the program.

The following three steps you should make simultaneously:
    3. You submit your application either together with your portfolio or right after your acceptance.
    4. You send your passport copy right after you receive our confirmation letter about your acceptance.
    5. You send a 250.00 euro application fee that
    a) confirms your space in the program,
    b) covers an official invitation from the Repin Institute, signed and stamped by the Department of Visas and Registration,
    c) includes S+H when sent to your mailing address

After that we send you an official agreement between you and the Repin Art Institute (Russian Academy of Arts). We're going to post a sample of such an agreement shortly on the Summer School website.

I keep receiving questions. Will be posting answers to them right here and in the FAQ section of the website.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update.

First, we've added a Questions and Answers page that covers the most questions asked lately.

Second, I'd like to provide a link to the Summer School Presentation (catalog).

Name:  catalog_summer_program_en_01.jpg
Views: 2065
Size:  53.4 KB

Finally, there is a video that we've implemented on the website, which I'd like to share here as well.
    It's in Russian language, but I hope it might be useful as it provides visuals on the Academy premises and the studying process. (Though don't get confused as right after the Academy building they show the corridors of the Saint Petersburg University as well as the rooms of the Hermitage.)

ACADEMIA

(it's an external link... I'm not sure how to upload it here.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Summer School update.

The news from the Academy International Department:

June program - deadline for portfolio and passport = April 16.
    July program - deadline for portfolio and passport = May 10.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was so excited to receive the email from the Academy announcing the new summer program!

Book Guru, I am very much wanting to attend this summer (The July session) and at this point it looks like I will have the funds to do so. However, I have some questions regarding the portfolio requirements. I know the portfolio requires 6-10 pieces but my question is does it need to include all of the 'samples' you listed? At the moment I have only pencil drawings to submit and have limited oil painting experience. Most of my experience in school here in Canada has been with acrylic paints. Is it possible to gain acceptance with strong pencil drawings alone?

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi mt_02,

As we tell everyone, please send whatever you have, including oil and acrylic paints (unfinished work is fine). If what we see is not enough we ask to send more samples. But usually it's enough as we only want to make sure you're not a beginner and that we won't have to teach you the very basics.

The Summer School website lists portfolio requirements that I'd rather call recommendations. Most people don't have nude figure drawings, but they get accepted anyway. At the same time you might not have oil paintings but have nude drawings, that's acceptable as well.

~~~

Guys, I also wanted to point another important aspect why your should make your decision quite soon, even those who plan to arrive in July.

It's about accommodations.

June and July are the heaviest tourist season months. It's not just comfortable here because of a nice weather (though June can be moody), but we have famous White Nights that people from all over the world arrive to watch...
    There are still good offers available but everything will be booked quite soon. This goes for everything: apartments, hostels, hotels...

We can't guarantee good offers for too long, everything is booked on "first come, first served" basis.
    Next week we'll continue making reservations for all the places people have mentioned in their applications, so if you plan to be here in June - make your request ASAP.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a reminder.

We're finishing accepting applications from foreign students attending JUNE session. Last day is April 16.
    For those who attend July session the deadline is May 10.

Short list of accommodations:
    - 2 really nice double rooms at the Academy's own mini-hotel : 900.00/night (about $30.00) - a real, real bargain (I plan to post images later);
    - nice new hostel nearby (3min walking distance) : 950.00/night in 6-bedded spacious room;
    - there is a chance of having 3 more double-rooms available at the Academy premises. They're not as sophisticated as the mini-hotel, but yet cozy and nice. They've just been renovated, but unfurnished - so if the Academy is able to buy all the stuff by the beginning of summer program, we'll have another bargain there - 750.00 rubles per person ($25.00!!)
    - double room prices at hotels and hostels nearby for June and July are in the range of 2100-2500 ($70-$85) and above.

Everything is available on first come, first served basis.

I decided to lighten up this post with a nice image of the Academy.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Because it's the last three days for foreign students for being accepted to the JUNE program, I wanted to share the thoughts why June might be a preference for those who're still in doubt which month to choose:

- June is the month when ALL students and professors are still at the Academy - which means you might meet many international students and ask about their experience;
    - June is when the 6th grade students have their Diploma Defense (the Diploma Exhibition is run after that but it's never known whether it will be during summer or autumn) - so you'll have a unique chance to view all the works and see the Defense in action, at least after 3pm (after your classes finish);
    - June is the month of Exams - which means you'll see many works that are accepted and see many tears of those whose works get rejected;
    - June is the month of Open House, which means you'll be able to attend all the workshops and to see everything you want;
    - June is the month of famous White Nights;
    - etc... (I'll write you more if I get some other ideas)

In other words, June is the month of real action here, which you won't like to miss!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Summer School update

As of today,

[LIST]
    • Chinese group is all booked
    • International group:

- June Session = 4 places left
    - July Session = 2 places left

We already accept applications for the next year.

ACCOMMODATIONS

There are two double-rooms available at the Academy hotel (900.00 rubles per person per night) and a 3-bedroom apartment with bunk beds (300.00 rubles) at the Academy Campus.
    Originally we've been told there was no any place available at the campus, but we worked hard on it and finally got a permission for using this apartment exclusively for our Summer School students.

Last edited by Book Guru; May 12th, 2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Visa information moved below for more details

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    About VISA

There are four countries that have the most difficult time for getting visas (this goes vice versa for Russian citizens who apply for visas at these countries as well): USA, Canada, UK, Georgia.
    So if any of you are citizens of these countries (unless you have a dual citizenship like I do) then you better start your visa application process at least half a year before the School starts - visa application for a US citizen can take up to 4 months!.

With EU countries Russia signed an agreement in 2008, which makes the whole visa application process fast and easy. The Academy provides an Invitation that we usually prepare within a couple of days and send it via e-mail or fax. You go with this paper to the nearest Russian Embassy (or Consulate General) and apply for your visa. The longest (and least expensive) waiting period for your visa is one month, though in some countries it's only two or one week for the same price, and in some countries it's even completely free.

With most Latin American countries, Israel, some European countries Russia has an agreement for NO visa requirement, which means you're free to go.
    You always can check this information at your local Russian Embassy (Consulate).
    Or send me a letter if you encounter any difficulties, I'll find out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I’ve just discovered a very useful map on the Russian Wikipedia. It shows in color what types of visa is required for certain regions and countries.

Here is how it goes:

- light green = no visa required
    - dark blue = entrance is free with Russian passport
    - dark green = visa is issued right on the Russian border (airport, railway station, etc; small fee is required)
    - purple = additional documents are required (e.g. invitation, photo, etc)
    - olive = European Union (requires invitation + photo)
    - yellow = this year visa application process will be either completely cancelled or facilitated
    - grey = Let me pray for you (might take up to 4 months for the whole process)

For those who’re confused a little – a big light blue piece of land is Russia.

Name:  visa_world_map.PNG
Views: 1826
Size:  100.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi BookGuru hello! Alright so my questions are: 1) If the school is already accepting applications again, does that mean around January of next year will there be no room for that year's program? 2) If I want to apply for the two months, do I have to send in two different sets of work to get accepted? 3) Are there any books of learning Russian (so I can get around and understand the teaching a little more than what the translator says to more what the teacher is saying) that you recommend? 4) Is the translator able to "artspeak" from Russian to English (is it English or chinese?) ...uhm, that's all that I can properly word out from my mind right now..I'll come back with more when I can wrap the wording correctly to what I want to ask. I appreciate this thread being here, thank you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Pwwka,

1. If you apply and want to reserve your space in the program you can pay a registration fee at any time to secure you place. We can't guarantee any place until at least a registration fee is paid. You can also apply for your visa early (if you need one), I'll check how early this can be.
    2. No, you send your portfolio only once. Actually, we even have a couple of students who'll be studying in the Summer School and then will join the Prep Courses program. We submitted their original portfolio and they've got accepted there as well.
    3. I don't believe in books for learning language. You need to take some courses or find a private teacher. I also recommend to check at the local Russian Embassy or Consulate General - they often run programs "Russian as a Second Language" - for a small fee or even free.
    (Though I wouldn't concentrate too much on this yet; you'll have a hard time if instead of following the program you'll be trying to figure out what your professor tells you. We'll have English translators who're familiar with the subject).
    4. I'm not sure I understand this part. Again, English translators will be able to carry the information in the most proficient way. We don't have any Russian professors who'll be using English during their lessons.

Don't forget to check our website for updates. We try to change/add new information regularly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please do about how early I can submit the visa and thank you for answering my questions. Another question I have is how do we send our work back from russia to wherever our home is after the semester is over? Is this even possible? 2) If this is possible, what services do you recommend? 3) (this isn't really a school questionbut just curiosity) are farmer's markets available nearby?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pwwka,

Yes, I'll definitely check on that.

1. I need to find out about this as well. I don't think there is any problem with a work that you take with you and which is also signed by you when you cross the Russian border. But I'm not sure about sending them to your home address. As I know from my fellow artists, they often send their artworks (that they sell to their clients abroad) in simple tubes, closed and sealed. They write smth like "posters" on their declaration and also state it as a "gift" and it goes without any additional problems. (Though please don't share this info with Russian authorities. )

2. Our artists mostly use EMS service for that. It's quite fast and reliable, besides you can track each step of your shipment.

3. The biggest Farmer Market of Vasilievsky Island, also known as "Food Market", though in Russia we simply call it "Market" ("rynok") is located only 1min walking distance from the Academy.
    Here is a map. The Academy is a big circle with four squares next to it, located right on embankment.
    Check numbers 14 and 16 (next to a long pink roof), that's the market. A part of it is inside of the building (the one with grey roof), and the rest is outside. Inside you can find all kind of food: poultry, meat, dairy products, fruit and vegetables, nuts, spices, etc...
    Outside is less expensive, during summer time you'll see many "babushkas" selling their produce there (vegetables, berries, fruit, etc) - all grown in local suburbs at their own "dacha" (a small cottage with a small piece of land). It doesn't look as fancy and polished like in supermarkets but it's natural and healthy.

Name:  Academy_bldng_food_market.jpg
Views: 1855
Size:  395.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is great. A few friends and myself are planning on doing this summer program next year. I was curious which instructors we will actually be working with? Nikolai Blokhin wouldn't happen to be involved in teaching during the summer would he?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Threecharles,

Nice to hear from you again.

Nikolay Blokhin is the name I hear all the time. This year students ask the same questions, even wondering whether they could visit his personal workshop. I'm not sure that's possible but I will definitely ask Nikolay for a chance to visit the Sokolov workshop at the Academy where he's teaches drawing.
    I don't think Nikolay will ever teach at the Summer School. He's teaching senior students, which is quite different from what kind of level the students of Summer School present. Instead, we'll have professors from the Painting Faculty who're very experienced with the 1st grade students and can teach people with different levels of art background.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

exam to the repin academy

Hello Book Guru,
    It seems that you know very much about the Repin Academy so I wanted to ask you if a person can do the exams for entering to the Repin academy without knowing the russian language. Is that possible or not?
    Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cristóbal,

It's impossible. They teach in Russian, that's why they want to be sure you know Russian.
    Starting this year, there is no need for a Russian exam within the Academy. Instead, you'll need to provide a certificate stating your level of verbal and writing skills in Russian. There are several places in St. Petersburg that offer such certificates. Among them are the State University, the Mining Academy and several other institutions.
    This makes sense, of course, if you know Russian already.

During Prep Courses (they last from October until June) you study Russian every day, right after your art studies. Most students begin to understand Russian pretty well in about 3 months and start speaking Russian in about 6 months. Prep Courses price is 6,000 euro per year, but if you know Russian it's 4,000 euro and you won't need to attend Russian lessons.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey BookGuru, thanks answering my foodie question. I think I have seen some paintings by the painting faculty (I might have misunderstood) from the school's main thread, do you mind pointing out the ones that are made by the professors who will be teaching at the summer school?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My original Soviet passport from 1989 says i was born in Sukhumi, Russia. Does that make me a citizen and would i still need a visa? It's a bit strange because Sukhumi was in Georgia a few years back, now it's in Abkhazia, but my original passport and paperwork say i was born in Sukhumi, Russia.
    What's your take and thanks in advance!

(I will be attending the summer course in 2013)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pwwka,

As of today, we know only the name of professor who'll be teaching a June session, Tchugunov. He's an excellent painter, I remember seeing his landscapes during an exhibition. I'll double check and will let you know if it's presented in that album.
    We're very lucky to have such a professor teaching our Summer School students. Again, I'll be posting images later with all the details on how the course went on.

Kunfyoozdish (what a lovely name!),

The very first thing you should do is to get to the Russian Consulate General in California and show them your old passport. If you've never renewed your old passport it means it's expired. But if you've never refused from your Russian (Soviet) citizenship, I don't think you automatically lose it. My guess it's possible to renew your passport and to apply for studying at Prep Courses run for Russian citizens. As of today the cost is 8,000 rubles per month. Which is much less expensive than what foreign students have to pay. You can pay less, 5,000 rubles, but in such case you'll be studying not 5 but only 3 days a week.

Btw, don't be nervous about a dual citizenship. It's totally legal by both countries. I have this luxury and I'm very happy about it. Though I still get confused at the customs by always presenting a wrong passport.

What makes your situation really peculiar is that you might be a citizen of three countries, without even knowing it...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hah! im glad you like the name it's supposed to read confused-ish

But 3 countries- that sounds like some potentially great news as there relatives and friends in each state that i am to visit when i arrive next summer. Also, two more things:
    1. Do any of the instructors ever travel abroad (U.S.) to hold workshops and courses?
    2. Would you happen to know if and when the English version of Fundamenta of Painting will be published?

Thanks again and spaciba in advance

The watercolors by the way have been excellent, even the smallest of dabs will produce so much color!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kunfyoozdish,

Sorry for delay with my answer, it's getting really crazy and hectic here... June session is starting this Friday!!

1. As far as I know there are three countries that our instructors go from time to time: China (obviously), Italy, and Finland (also obviously as it's only 3 hours by car from St.Petersburg).

2. The "Fundamentals of Painting" is the process of translation now. It will take time. I can't promise any particular time when both books ("F.of Painting" and "F.of Drawing") will be printed, but it's in our publishing plans this year.

~~~

Guys, I've got more news about VISA.

Actually, there are several students who're preparing their visa on their own. As I've mentioned earlier, an official invitation from our Department of Visas and Registration can take up to 2-4 months preparation for US citizens.
    But it seems like if you apply at your local travel agency the visa can be ready as fast as in two weeks!!

I'm saying this because there are might be some spots still available for July session. Not all students have paid their registration fee, the due date is May 30 but we didn't get any response to our letters yet. So we'll start accepting applications again already on May 31.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Book Guru For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thread bump plus a question: are we taught how to stretch canvas in the summer school or is that not really important? I guess I'm concerned about the art supplies (I already know it's generally cheaper and NOT a good idea to bring your own)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pwwka,

Actually, this is what they'll be doing tomorrow, during an Organizational Day. First we have a tour in the Academy and its museum, then we have a coffee break and then we go to a famous Sokolov Workshop where they'll be doing exactly what you've mentioned. Then they'll come back there on Monday at 10.00 to start studying.

No, you don't need to bring ANY art supplies except your lucky pencil. I'll be making photos, so I plan to make several at the nearest art supplies store to give a clear idea what is available.

Another great news, we'll have not one but TWO excellent professors, one will be teaching drawing and another one painting. Again, I'll make sure we'll have enough photos to cover all the details about this program.

And... thank you for a thread bump!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm still looking for the painting professor's work, Tchugunov, in the post from the other thread that the school has, if his stuff is up there with the painting faculty pics. The painting faculty pics start around post 143 and I found a impromptu faculty pic of all of them there during a evaluation. I also saw some of the paintings had numbers on them, are they getting "graded"?

Last edited by dirtywhirl; June 5th, 2012 at 11:12 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtywhirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pwwka,

Sorry for delay, too busy with a Summer School...

I think you're confused a little bit.
    The link you're referring to is all about Evaluations of all departments that happens in January and May of each year. The grades that you see there is an average grade for student based on his overall performance during semester and evaluation of his best works.

I'm not sure I can locate artworks by Professor Tchugunov at this time (I'll try doing this a little later). But I can tell you for sure that our students adore him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6