Thread: Art Charities?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts

Art Charities?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew about any art charities, as in charities that artists can donate to or maybe volunteer to create art for? I'd like to get more info about that sort of thing.

I recently found the Drawing Dreams Foundation which works in a similar manner. They have auctions to raise money for art supplies for hospitalized children. You can see one of their current auctions here: http://www.biddingforgood.com/auctio...onId=152132596

I'm looking for similar organizations. Also charities that want donations of art supplies.

Thanks.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Inner city youth programs are often seeking people to help paint murals for neighborhoods, schools, and daycares.. or even spend time drawing with kids in afterschool daycare. That is, if you are okay dealing with kids.

If you have any crayons and markers from elementary school laying around, those can be reused too. Not sure about any local organizations though.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,919 Times in 2,547 Posts
    I usually donate two paintings a year to my local public television station (Channel 9) for their art auction. Also I'm usually approached by various causes or fundraisers so I donate another one or two to these as well. I don't know about any large scale, organized type thing, I'm sure you can find plenty locally though.
    What would Caravaggio do?

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Given the way the market is going, artists are going to have to be supported by charities themselves...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to arenhaus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hello
    just some thoughts:
    1. Artist is rather like the general population, having those who are very rich and very poor.
    2. I think CA may organize some donation activities on a regular basis e.g. collect arts donated by members and then auction them for a specific purpose or specific organizations
    3. the link at the bottom of this thread has some more discussion on this topic.

J

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 686 Posts
    V SEE LINK IN MY SIG V

There's a org that takes funds for illustrators and comic artist from the past with financial issues- CBDF also.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director