Results 1 to 13 of 13
March 11th, 2012 #1
IDW # 199 : Renaissance Dinosaur Wagon
Topic: Renaissance Dinosaur Wagon
Deadline: Sunday, March 18
This week we are traveling to an alternate Renaissance in a world where dinosaurs never went extinct. This is the golden era of man's discoveries- the transfer of knowledge of art, science and philosophy from east and west has been sparked by the crusades, and the great thinkers of the time are moving forwards in great leaps and bounds. During the dark ages, dinosaurs experienced a surge of population growth as stock owners died, their herds and flocks went feral. As the people expired of plague, they increased carnivore food supplies, as well as decreasing territorial, foraging and hunting competition. However, society by this point has largely rebounded and moved onward. Some dinosaurs continue to be stock animals, some continue to run feral.
1) Clearly state the type of dinosaur we are dealing with. Pick a specific variety- T-rex for lack of something more imaginative.
2) State how the dinosaur fits in the human social realm. Is it a rich noblewoman's lapdog equivalent? A rampaging terror on the peasants? This should direct what type of wagon this is.
3) Remember- this will not be the rough and unsophisticated item that would be created in Medieval times. This should be a wagon in keeping with the new, "modern" times.
1. Design and draw a Renaissance Dinosaur Wagon.
2. That's it... now draw!
Hide this ad by registering as a memberMarch 12th, 2012 #2
I don't understand, how modern can we go? combustion engines modern?
March 12th, 2012 #3
March 12th, 2012 #4
March 13th, 2012 #5
something to start with for now.
March 13th, 2012 #6
March 14th, 2012 #7
March 16th, 2012 #8
March 16th, 2012 #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
March 17th, 2012 #10
This is my work in progress. I just started this morning, but I'm going to try and make the deadline if I can. I'm having trouble getting the line quality i want drawing digitally, so I'm taking a quick step back to play with brushes before I get back to this later tonight. Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to SnailsPace For This Useful Post:
March 18th, 2012 #11
A lil update. I like this idea, I just wish i was pulling it off better, trying to do this in less than 2 days wasn't the best decision! lol
March 18th, 2012 #12
Great, fun topic! Hope there's more entries!
March 18th, 2012 #13