Art: Concept to 3D: Looking for concept artists (environment)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Concept to 3D: Looking for concept artists (environment)

Hello

I'm a junior 3D artist from Stockholm, Sweden.
    I've been lurking around these boards - and this website - for quite some time now, and I never cease to get impressed by all the talent here.

I'm making this thread because I'm searching for a potential next 3D project. I want to create an environment using UDK. I'm fairly good with that dev kit but haven't really done anything worthy of a position in my portfolio just yet.

Anyway. I have a big respect for people's creative work and wouldn't feel comfortable just "stealing" some concept art and make a 3D environment without the permission from the concept artist.

So that's why I'm here. I want to ask if there is anyone here - specialized in environment concept art - who is willing to let me use any of your concepts for my next project. I can not promise that I will finish my project (I have a full time job as a 3D artist after all and spend a lot of my free time on gaming ^^ ) but if I complete my project, you will ofc be fully credited on my portfolio for the original concept art. I will also keep you updated on my progress with the 3D environment if you want me to.

I'm mostly interested in sci-fi indoor environments but other types and themes might do as well

My portfolio can be found here:
    www.martin.dahlin.net

Similar Threads
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sounds interesting but i have some question about. I think you're asking something very big here and since you cannot send pm yet let me ask you here: what kind of environment do you have in mind and what kind of environment you're used to work on? Since we are talking about something that can actually be build in 3d (so there's so much work to do than concept art) i think it would be fine to show your work based on the concept you're working on even on the concept artist portfolio, obviously fully credited, would you agree on that? Another question is, which kind of concept level do you like to work on as a 3d designer? I had some bad experience when a 3dguy asked me to do super complex building of an house for a game like an autocad project (and i hate to do those stuff) and in the end he wasn't able to model everything cause of the project complexity and resources so i had several hours wasted on something that wasn't even cool as i wanted to be. You guys like to work in so much different way that i have to ask this all the time, what kind of concept complexity are you used to work on?

Since i'm currently working only on my new portfolio i think it would be fine to have a cross project but i need to know all this stuff and maybe have a chat with you first, then we decide if we like our working path (it's so rare that a 3d artist and a concept artist can decide to work together or not, why don't discuss it ? )

Thanks
    Tjena, Här är lite grejer jag gjort. Hör av dig om de e nåt du gillar eller har en idé så kan vi se om jag kan fixa de Link--> http://gabrielwigren.deviantart.com/

Members who have read this thread: 4