Colour spaces

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Colour spaces

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Colour spaces

Hey everyone,

I have been struggling for a while with my image uploads having drastically different colours to how they appear in PS. I'm currently using a friends laptop and whatever colour space I set photoshop to use (also converting said piece into the colour space) the uploads are still massively different. I have a mac at home but the uploads seem to be OK on that, I need to be using the two computers for making pieces published to iphone/ipad devices and suitable for sharing on the internet. What colour settings should I be using for this?

I have been trying what people have said in other threads, and can get images displaying correctly in browsers, but when I open them in windows image viewer the colour is massively more saturated and has insane amounts of contrast.

example: After converting the colour space PS was incorrect and the image upload was normal...
    Colour spaces

I have calibrated this monitor with a Spyder 3 unit FYI, that may have had some impact on the colour settings but as it stands this is way above my head. Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Last edited by BHCS; March 11th, 2012 at 12:44 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got pretty much same problem, extreme annoying when you are working all the night, and finally when you think its finished, saved file seems to have all dark\grays dead

Usually my attempts to save grays is add white, or some bright color layer, with low opacity, like 10%,15% on the top of my pics. Maybe erase it a bit in very dark spots.

But i am pretty sure these is pretty wangle method.

Last edited by tsabu; March 12th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    There was a mention that there is a bug with CS5 on how it displays color space profiles. This was a lengthy thread on it with Painter and CS http://conceptart.org/forums/showpos...2&postcount=19 (I just went to the post that mentions that there is a problem). But since there are mentions of CS4...

You generally want the color space to be sRGB. You want to make sure your system color space is not different from Adobe's as well.

There is an sRGB profile something like sRGB "IEC 61966-2-1 " - Ignore the ones that have noBPC and BPC (there should be a profile without those) BPC is "Black Point Compensation" This is what I know for Windows.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.