I haven't had any friends in 6 years. - Page 3
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I haven't had any friends in 6 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    "I've used a few of those but not with friends obviously. And it hasn't helped my social situation. "

Your po-faced victim complex might be something to do with that.

"You know, actually hang out with them. Also, I'd like to be able to talk to them about personal issues, and visa versa."

No wonder youre having trouble making friends if all you want to do is sit around complaining about your problems.
    Whats wrong with having a pizza, smoking a bone and playing some Bomberman?
    Or going rock-climbing or something?

"And as for a girlfriend there's, you know, a physical element."

Maybe youre gay? Thats nothing to be ashamed of. Own it.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post

Maybe youre gay? Thats nothing to be ashamed of. Own it.
    Being a virgin =/= being gay. I'm not gay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So whats the problem? Your body will know what to do. All you have to do is be pleasant, funny and nice. Buy some sharp clothes too.
    If youre nervous, that can be flattering, it shows you care.

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebri...til-i-was-26/1

http://www.viceland.com/nl/v1n1b/htd...ting_pussy.php

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "I see on a daily or weekly basis outside of class/work. You know, actually hang out with them."
    "Also, I'd like to be able to talk to them about personal issues, and visa versa."

Yeah, these define a close friend. You may not have "close" friends, but do you have anyone you regularly talk to you who aren't related to you online or offline?
    How bad can your issues be that even professionals ridicule you? And how are they doing it? Do they give you a funny face, tell you that you are delusional, etcetera.. Since you're anonymous here, would you mind posting examples of these "personal issues" that people look down on you for? Maybe people won't find it as ridiculous as you thought it would look. Yeah, some folks here might laugh at you, but hey, you're anonymous.

If you're talented and already being proactive and semi-published at your age (assuming you're in college), then it shouldn't be that hard to get a girl interested. Half the population is all girl, and art schools have even a higher percentage of girls relative to guys. What kind of girl do you like anyway?

I know talent isn't everything, but at the same time, it does redeem you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    OK, for your first assignment:

"You're going to pick a fight with a total stranger,

and you're going to lose. . ."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    Yeah ok, and dont drink bleach either.

But mushrooms, weed, mdma, acid, k, in moderation with friends are the best.
    are you fucking insane?
    I prefer to avoid conflict by not directly insulting people, but you did just advise everyone to take drugs.

Hey guys, try climbing this greased up rope above this vat of hydrochloric acid.
    Sure, why not have unprotected sex with that skanky girl/guy who you are pretty sure has AIDS?.
    Seriously man, balance this chainsaw on your chin, what do you mean you just ate a chicken kiev and there's butter all down it? Its a fucking awesome buzz, trust me.

you've been giving people pretty awful advice throughout the duration of this thread, but at this point you're just earning extra idiot points.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Barefoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeaaah I'm sorry VK but I'm going to have to side with Barefoot here. If you aren't feeling too great as it is I would strongly advice against trying drugs, as the chances of you getting mentally dependent on them to feel happy are far higher. I know the drugs you listed aren't physically addictive (although the addictive qualities of mdma and ketamine aren't entirely clear) but still man, encouraging someone who's feeling unhappy to just escape reality is not going to solve social problems, if anything it will worsen them (especially with the "image" frequent drug users already have).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lhune For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhune View Post
    Yeaaah I'm sorry VK but I'm going to have to side with Barefoot here. If you aren't feeling too great as it is I would strongly advice against trying drugs, as the chances of you getting mentally dependent on them to feel happy are far higher. I know the drugs you listed aren't physically addictive (although the addictive qualities of mdma and ketamine aren't entirely clear) but still man, encouraging someone who's feeling unhappy to just escape reality is not going to solve social problems, if anything it will worsen them (especially with the "image" frequent drug users already have).
    Yeah, also, just because the drug isn't addictive, doesn't mean you cant get addicted to it. People can be addicted to food, if you do something often and sometimes get good results (ie: this food tastes good/this weed is great) you will try and get those good results over and over, regardless of what it is doing to your body. OK, so you (VK) can take drugs occasionally, good for you, but for pete's sake, not everyone is the same, some people have addictive personalities / less will power. No matter what, statistics show that people who are addicted to drugs live MUCH worse lives than everyone else.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One of the recurring theme here is that it all seems to be about you. People should want to be your friends, they should like you for the one you are, the should be there for you so that you have someone to talk to.

Dude. I works the other way around.

You should find people who you wanna make friends with, who you can like for the ones they are, who you want to be there for when they need to talk to someone. That is hoe you make friends.

It is about OTHER people, and it not about you.

I have no intention of becoming a professional artist, I just aspire to become a really good amateur.

Sketchbook: w176 love of the color dirt

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w176 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How old are you River Man.
    You know, there is no shame in being a virgin. It doesn't necessarily mean you're ugly, even if everyone flat out tells you that. It might just mean that you might not know how to show your beauty, either outside or inside.

I would say a true friend is someone that is comfortable to hang out with, and who you trust enough to maybe share secrets with. Someone you can talk to about anything, and someone you have at least a few common traits with.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Medusa For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,366 Times in 3,589 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just remember friendship works both ways. You're going to have to listen to all their crap and moaning as well.

Don't make finding friends a serious challenge. Have fun with people and the odd one might become a bit closer. Do not get into deep conversations too early, skate around a thought occasionally and see how they react - don't push it.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    are you fucking insane?
    I prefer to avoid conflict by not directly insulting people, but you did just advise everyone to take drugs.
    Er, yeah! theyre loads of fun and far less harmful than alcohol or smoking or bad food or living a lonely, miserable, sheltered life without love and companionship

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Hey guys, try climbing this greased up rope above this vat of hydrochloric acid.
    Sure, why not have unprotected sex with that skanky girl/guy who you are pretty sure has AIDS?.
    Seriously man, balance this chainsaw on your chin, what do you mean you just ate a chicken kiev and there's butter all down it? Its a fucking awesome buzz, trust me.

you've been giving people pretty awful advice throughout the duration of this thread, but at this point you're just earning extra idiot points.
    wow youre an objective little fellow arent you Rynsworld.
    so what exactly is your point?

those things you listed are really dangerous stupid improbable things to do that bring no benefits

whereas drugs like magic mushrooms (which are by far my favourite) can break down the barriers the OP feels so strongly seperate him from his fellow humans.
    the sense of shared existence, of camaradery, friendship, mutual love and respect, one-ness with the universe, and above all fun, that they bring, is exactly what he's crying out to experience.

trying to suggest that is in some way exactly equivalent to climbing a greasy rope above acid? that amounts to deliberate deceit.

Lhune "encouraging someone who's feeling unhappy to just escape reality is not going to solve social problems, if anything it will worsen them "

I would never, ever advise using drugs to escape real-world problems, but they can bring perspective, and show that problems that seem huge are actually tiny in the long run. that perspective can be hugely benficial.
    when monkeys like Rynesworld throw around the idea that mushrooms are exactly the same as having unprotected sex with someone with AIDS, theyre basically lying.

"Magic mushrooms 'could treat depression"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...epression.html

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; March 12th, 2012 at 09:18 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well, hey. . .

We haven't had a drug thread in awhile, have we?

Seriously though, Fight Club may not be the best analogy, but the protagonist's odd habit of cruising self-help meetings illustrates, at least, the importance of GETTING OUT once in awhile!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree Kamber

Warhammer 40K is 25 this year, and was designed by and for high-IQ shy people to get to know eachother and have fun.

If parties arnt your thing, maybe that would be a perfect fit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Drugs are a complex issue. I'm not against them, per say, but I'm not one of those people that encourages a LOT of drug use. But like I said, it's a complex issue, and really deserves its own thread.

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who gave me advice in this thread. I've recently had some realizations that I think have helped me.

I think the whole thread was pretty unnecessary, however, and I do regret making it in a way. Whether intentional or not, some of the comments here were a little hurtful. But I do appreciate them, regardless, because there certainly was some help in here as well.

I tend to go through "mental relapses" which are essentially periods of emotional regression. I'm sick at the moment, and when my body isn't well, it throws my whole system out of alignment. This is true emotionally, mentally, creatively, etc. I get very dramatic, very pessimistic, very depressed (self absorbed) and, as such, I put often myself in a victim role. I now have the perspective (having come out of this funk) to see that most of what I wrote was highly exaggerated, that I do have friends, and that, although I could maybe use more social contact, I'm probably on the right track (and much better than I made myself sound in this thread.)

Consider this my resignation from this thread. Thanks again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    River man ....If anyone on this planet relates to you it's me ...Your not alone brother and I seriously wish to fuck everything goes better for you ....I hope everything goes your way ....damn you deserve a lot better IMO ....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by themagicpen View Post
    River man ....If anyone on this planet relates to you it's me : damn you deserve a lot better IMO ....
    theres a reason youre lonely and it has nothing to do with being shy

"it seems the guy who was using stolen portfolio work to gain jobs in games has been at this for a while....chris...how dare you...you have broken the trust of many."
    Jason Manley

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10620

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; March 13th, 2012 at 07:24 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by River Man View Post
    I tend to go through "mental relapses" which are essentially periods of emotional regression. I'm sick at the moment, and when my body isn't well, it throws my whole system out of alignment. This is true emotionally, mentally, creatively, etc. I get very dramatic, very pessimistic, very depressed (self absorbed) and, as such, I put often myself in a victim role. I now have the perspective (having come out of this funk) to see that most of what I wrote was highly exaggerated, that I do have friends, and that, although I could maybe use more social contact, I'm probably on the right track (and much better than I made myself sound in this thread.)

Consider this my resignation from this thread. Thanks again!

I think it's time to end this thread in order not to add extra pressure to the thread starter.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to person J For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Agreed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 2