Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Need more practice drawing faces so decided to do so photo reference studies. These are my first two one of a random Japanese man and another of Daniel Craig. Will be doing more this week.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Attempted to come up with a character design today once again not overly impressed by the results need to work harder.

Thanks
    Been working on more faces from photo references over the last few days, these are slowly getting better and more fun

Thanks
    Just some doodley stuff from my sketchbook

Thanks
    Been doing some 45 second sketches from Posemaniacs

Thanks
    Wanted to wok on rendering the human figure so did some photo reference studies from Quickposes

Thanks
    Some more studies from photos and a still life really been trying to work on my values and rendering technique not great so far
    Last edited by ja1307; May 14th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks
    Some hands studies trying to break the hands down into shapes and build from there. Used my own hands and photo references for these

Thanks
    Been trying to draw from my imagination and not really enjoying the results, really need too desperately improve in this area. Even my designs are so basic and generic need to feed my brain to feed my creativity
    Last edited by ja1307; May 23rd, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks
    Really loving the shading on your drawings. The cat and the fruit really stand out.

Also I know how you feel about drawing from imagination! I'm 100x worse than you at that stage and I would be ashamed to post the drawings I've done from my own imagination.

Thanks
    PerfectGet Thanks for stopping by and having a look, glad you have seen something you like. I sort of like the Lion too although I did not really establish the proportions properly before diving in with the shading. I am really trying to work on improving my technique and ability to blend. As far as my imaginative drawings go they suck so badly, look like a 10 year old done them. But posting crap motivates me to do better also want to be able to look back on my old stuff and see the progress. So dont be shy and post away. I think people seeing your imaginative stuff is just as important and interesting as seeing all those studies.

Thanks
    Feel a bit all over the place at the moment almost too much to cover to know what to focus on seem to keep moving from subject to suject, dont feel this is going to ber gtreat in the long term

Have a been drawing a lot and most of it has been utter crap and not worth posting so I think.

Any way been trying to takle stuff with a fair bit of detail to work on proprtions and just increase my confidence in producing dtailed pics with a lot of differenet forms and shapes ect

The first couple of pics are some armour photo ref studies, trying to train myself to see things in basic shapes first then add in the detail seems to be working although Ive notice one side of my pic is alwasys slighly bigger then the other

Thanks
    Trying to make sure I keep drawing from life as much as possible, well i really need to focus more on this. So decided to draw my converse which actually is pretty tricky for me given the complexity of keep track of the laces proportions and detail so was quite pleased with who this turned out.

Then did an apPle study lit by single light source, tried to work on my values think I rushed my rendering and got a bit confused towards then end. I need to really work on blending, plus experiment with different grade leads rather then just sticking to my traditional safe HB.

Thanks
    Given how badly I draw clothing and folds decided to do some photo ref studies threw in a refd face and a pic of a lizard one day ill draw convincing looking dragons.

Thanks
    This is my one solitary character concept, meant to be some kind of assassin or loan ranger like character, wanted to work on a dynamic pose of sorts. Everything about it sucks but it all reminds me how much I have to learn and where I want to get to

Decided to do a copy of a Daarken character Dwarf Slayer, really wanted to work on my process in tackling detailed complex forms and shapes again, started with basic shapes. Trying to take a construction approach to my drawing rather then diving in head first with all the detail. Overall I am quite please a month ago this would have turned out awful as I would have started detailing a particular area and not payed enough attention to the overall image. I am beginning to think in terms of shapes and this is making things much easier to tackle but still a LONG way to go.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ja1307 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast