Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    Thanks
    The grind is looking good, nice to see you working through the body. Also, the objects from life are much better in this last update.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Love your pencil line. Keep up drawing!
    "The fulfillment of oneself is achieved with victory over their challenges"
    My thought

My SkEtChBoOk

Thanks
    The studies are coming along nicely mate. Keep them up. You will definitely reap the benefits when you do another rendered piece.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chevy28360 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Nouge thanks I feel like I am getting more accurate slowly for sure and seeing things better. I think working in pen is helping me just be more confident. So I am just focusing on what I am seeing and less stress about the marks I am making, which in turn is making me more accurate. Funny you would naturally expect the opposite.

Luckarky thanks man I am beginning to quite like them too lol. Still a long way to go but its working and I def wont be stopping so there will be lots more to see.

Chevy28360 Thanks a lot buddy means a lot. Yeah I think you are right. I am really trying to focus in on the body as a 3d constructed object. So looking at planal shifts ect with contour lines. Michael Hampton is really helping. This will help me when rendering the body, I will be able to think about light and value change as planes shift ect. Guess that how you have to approach everything your drawing espc when working from life even photo ref.

More updates from life drawing. Need to get more rhythm back in my gestures and maybe do some longer ones at home, where I can just feel my way through the pose rather then having to rush in 60 seconds. Was good as a starting practice but need more time now to really push those lines of rhythm ect. Been focusing on the legs this week still reading through Hampton and trying to apply. Was a bit of a let down having a very fat model last night lol as you can’t see much anatomical detail under all that fat. But in some ways it also forces you to look really hard and see the insertion points and major masses.
    Attached Images Attached Images                    

Thanks
    wow i am seeing a great amount of improvement! your lines are looking nice!

Thanks
    Hey-ja! Good amount of studies! You’re definitely working hard and the sketches improve every week!
    I think you capture the body mass and getting the 3d feeling really good. I like how confident the lines are becoming.
    Keep up the great work buddy!

Thanks
    From the first posts to these more recent posts, the improvement is really clear and obvious, your forms are so much better! You also seem to have a very good grasp on gestures and how the body contorts and compresses!

Keep going man
    ”I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

My (currently) terrible sketchbook

Thanks
    Your structural work is really lovely, it has a great sculptural feel to it. Everything has a great sense of weight.

Thanks
    Your most recent update looks good. Very tight linework and good suggestion of form. Hampton's book is very helpful isn't it? It's funny to see someone else like me working in pen a lot. It has brought me on leaps and bounds since I started - it seems to have done the same for you.

You should have a look at Ryan Woodward if you haven't already. His gesture drawings are very nice:

http://conteanimated.com/the-figure/

I also enjoyed his animation - "Thought Of You".

Thanks
    Thanked 6,237 Times in 4,271 Posts
    I actually don't mind a fat model. Maybe you should then concentrate on drawing the negative shapes like in a Brague drawing. Having a model not showing you what you want to see is a challenge and by looking at it in a different way, you can bring that to future studies.

I too liked using pen for life drawing as it helped in concentrating the mind to getting it right first time, but then again I tended to scribble to get the form. It's when you're not bothered about producing a perfect rendition, your best work appears as you concentrate on the form first and foremost. Sod the structure - that'll gel later.

Thanks
    hey dude great studies!
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." Leonardo Da Vinci

My Sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post3362160

art website:http://calebportfolio.webs.com/

Thanks
    hey man, níce postures, but why don't you render one of them? would be awesome to see something colourful and not so scanned =)
    you most defentitley are able to draw and know your perspective.
    best regards

Thanks
    Glad to still see you at it! I second the notion of doing a few renders. Look up the reilly method of drawing. I think you may like it. Take care and keep pushing
    If I happen to comment on your sketchbook, please don't feel obliged to comment on mine. use that time instead to get back to work.

CA sketchbook: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=245741

Deviantart: http://luthertaylor.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Really good sketches. I never had patience to study in such way anything, even body proportions. Shame on me.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16