Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: letīs try It

Thanks

letīs try It

So im very very very new at this (actually I am almost 17 years old)
    but Im struggling with the basics so, I will practice undearstanding of space first and will try to increase my mental gallery of images.

so i will start with this frog and tomorrow will make head drawings
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    So this is what I drew today, I hope I get better soon, I know its not a lot but
    Im a slow drawer so I think I should practice more gesture drawings
    My goodness all my gesture drawings lack hands!

Attachment 1436964

Attachment 1436965

Attachment 1436966

Thanks
    Hey man thanks for dropping by my sketchbook. I really like your frog the highlights give it a nice slimy feel. As for the gestures you've got the overall structure down which is good like you said they don't have hands try to incorporate at least basic hand shapes in. We're young so we have our best years ahead of us so don't worry about improving fast, enjoy the journey and just keep drawing every day.

Thanks
    My goodness I draw like a turtle!!! talking about that I believe you improve faster being critical with what you do while you are doing it haha except in gesture because it has to come naturally, but Its ok I think (my gesture drawings suck!)

Also, I made something from imagination, I dont do that a lot (as you see is very frustrating) but i wont give up
    I need to be open to more concepts

comments & critics are appreciated, sugestions
    Attachment 1437692

Attachment 1437693

Attachment 1437696too (If you want )

Thanks
    I see in other sketchbooks that people shadow almost everything they do so I would like to do that as well.. It would be a good practice because as you see Im still a little afraid of color and painting haha these days I will concentrate in features and finally I will start with color (wich is something I handle in horrible way >,.<)

so.. everyone is welcome! right now Im practicing smiles, They are a pain!

Attachment 1438307

Attachment 1438308

Attachment 1438309

Thanks
    Hey thanks for visiting my sketchbook, firstly I'm not sure if you're sketches are scanned or computer done, if there computer done I'd recommend doing them traditionally for more control and to be able to see progress easier. Secondly I think you should do more finished figure drawings rather than only gestures. Good work so far anyways and I love the rendering on the first frog, keep it up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to will123will For This Useful Post:

Zol

Thanks
    The frog really is nice. I like your faces, but the mouths are somehow a bit strange sometimes. That's not a big help, sry. I'm at your age but not as good as you - at least at sketches. I might subscribe soon if I find your next few posts usefull.

have fun

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Prototypt' For This Useful Post:

Zol

Thanks
    Some nice work here! I particularly like the 2nd post, The expressions are fantastic!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ArulaSky For This Useful Post:

Zol

Thanks
    Not much to say... I really couldnīt draw a single thing in the entire week
    Its a shame! but today I did some works... Im also taking a composition class and Its amazing what pros do in their work! I hope to get like that some day
    I think that I should make more studies and not just gesture, I also believe that I should start with color I definitely suck at color (as you can see in the toothpaste thing) but after 3 months of gray scale painting I think Im a little better....

will123will-those are computer done, I have some traditional works too but I cant post them (I dont have a scanner or camera) I will also try to do more studies! thank you!

Prototypt-I hope you find my sketchbook helpful in the next weeks! you are really good too! and yeah.. The next thing Im going to practice are mouths, specially smiles

ArulaSky-Thankyou! I hope to get better! I saw your work and its very promising!

Attachment 1444391

Thanks
    I actually like how the toothpaste came out.

And I like the second face in this image: http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...4&d=1331073131

I have no good advice or critique. I am not good at giving advice/critique anyway.
    But keep doing what you are doing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KONM For This Useful Post:

Zol

Thanks
    I need help! If you are watching my sketchbook and you are advanced please give me advice in color... Im reading this site right now http://www.huevaluechroma.com

and also Ive been reading bridgmanīs book on the shadow and light topic
    This image its my first attempt at drawing a portrait in color (It is really horrible!) It seems like If I was afraid of choosing more saturated colors
    Iīve been told that you should start with grayscale and that was ok until now
    I feel a little dissapointed I think I should practice A LOT more now

Also.... I donīt really know a lot of excercises besides gesture, drawing from life, interpret form with basic things in perspective, anatomy studies, etc
    so If you know about some excercise feel free to post them

KONM-well thank you! giving your opinion its enough for someone like me!

Attachment 1444781

Thanks
    Welcome to concept art ^^. I love your digital faces and quick human sketches.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jellyswirl For This Useful Post:

Zol

Thanks
    Your training in grayscale pays!! The values are very good, espacially at the last one, but at your faces in generall too. With the colour, you are right, it's just less saturated. That doesn't make it look bad at all, it just gives it a different look. I find these look like they were drawn hundreds of years ago, looking at the colour at least. Of course they had very saturated images too, but alot looked just like these. They had different reasons at that time (material cost, ...) but I think they invented some sort of a style with that. What I'm currently talking is nothing I learned. I'm just guessing and telling my opinion. No facts here

So basicly your colour is good! Just - and thats no critic - it isn't as saturated as it is in all that games-art for example. Maybe you just got to try out a bit. I'm sure you will soon get a feeling for it.

I don't know how you colour your work above right now, but maybe this will help:
    Do your standart grayscale value sketch, then on a new layer add the colour. To make it work you'd have to set it to "blendingmode colour". I know this isn't the very best technique, but by doing so you can very quickly change the colours in your picture without influencing the values. This is what I would try first if I was at your point. I really can't tell if this is usefull, you maybe just got to try it out.

I like how your sb develops It's a good contrast to me I think, I allways want to start with colours and mess up the values in the end. Maybe we could learn from each other. I'm personally looking into the more saturated part, if it fits my intentions at least.

Have fun

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Prototypt' For This Useful Post:

Zol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.