Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Shoelace Stroke Problem -Intuos - Test to see if you have it

Thanks
    @ Sporus

You can re-calibrate all brushes at once by going to Edit>Preferences>Brush Tracking or just CTRL+Shift+,. When you do this the changes affect all the brushes instead of just one. You don't have to re-calibrate your brushes every time, painter saves the last re-calibration you did.

Ha i see you are enjoying painter's inking. I recommend you try the Smooth Camel brush. You'll love it. That's what i use.

My scratch board shows just the blue colour dots. I think his is the Mac's.

Yeah Painter is an amazing piece of software. I would be the defacto digital artists tool if only they are able to clean it up a bit. As cool as painter is i don't use it when i have close deadlines or in a bad mood.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to HugeBlack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeBlack View Post
    @ Sporus

You can re-calibrate all brushes at once by going to Edit>Preferences>Brush Tracking or just CTRL+Shift+,. When you do this the changes affect all the brushes instead of just one. You don't have to re-calibrate your brushes every time, painter saves the last re-calibration you did.

Ha i see you are enjoying painter's inking. I recommend you try the Smooth Camel brush. You'll love it. That's what i use.

My scratch board shows just the blue colour dots. I think his is the Mac's.

Yeah Painter is an amazing piece of software. I would be the defacto digital artists tool if only they are able to clean it up a bit. As cool as painter is i don't use it when i have close deadlines or in a bad mood.
    Thank YOU!!! sooo useful... calibrated all brushes, the blue dots thing was in my mind too... also
    "i don't use it when i have close deadlines or in a bad mood."

and yeahhh... it is a little rough, why is that for you? lag and stuff?
    ive got it fully updated and whatnot and cores set to 1. i have RAM usage at 50% , my laptop has an i3 processor and 4gb ram... its still quite laggy, especially with the eraser... anyway it was weird i opened up PS CS5 and it must've noticed i was using painter... it was pretty smooth lol.

I might be getting one of the new iMacs if money dictates, , thanks again that was helpful

Thanks
    ^ mac painter 12 still doesn't have 64-bit support.
    it should be added before painter 13 rolls out, but I was really disappointed by 12's performance tbh.
    on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    I have a shoelace problem, I was wrong it wasn't my nibs (or at least isn't anymore). Was stunted for a brief while, but now came back with a vengeance. Nvidia card as well.

Painter is AWESOME for lines, still.

But this seems to be photoshop related, and not Wacom related, I totally agree.

EDIT: And though not completely related to the problem at hand, but possibly related to it being a graphics card issue- does anyone else have incredibly jagged edges at certain resolutions? I mean like REALLY ugly looking pixelated edges? I zoom in a level or 2 and it smooths out. Yes, anti-aliasing is on, no I haven't zoomed in past 100%.
    Last edited by Quigleyer; March 21st, 2012 at 10:09 AM.
    "She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Quigleyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigleyer View Post
    I think it's Windows 7 related. This is because if you notice other posts, they're showing the problem in the Wacom control panel. Painter just seems to handle it better than Photoshop.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    WOHA something new... so went into Wacom tablet properties and ctrl+clicked the Diagnose button this time with stylus and it worked, i can change the pressure offset but thats about it... no recalibrate... messing witht eh offset doesnt do much, and i read about it.. its mostly about setting what the wacom stylus recognizes as zero pressure.

yes this is Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    second picture is my standard edited curve , nothin wrong with that right? should be a smooth ramp not this shoelace... or should i use default while testing?

Arshes i remember you said you couldnt get this to show, idk what exactly you meant but maybe this helps. did you also mean the "recalibrate" button was not showing?
    Last edited by Shahan; March 21st, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shahan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigleyer View Post

I disagree, since that for my particular situation my shoelace strokes show up IN the driver "wacom tablet properties" scratch board area, in my first post in here.
    thats solid...basic wacom only driver software and it is showing up there, AND in photoshop... for some reason disabling "smoothing" in PS gets rid of shoelaces at the ENDS of strokes.

But who knows this all could be my specific situation i havent asked enough people.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shahan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ^ can you adjust the pressure curve more like this?
    The Shoelace Stroke Problem -Intuos - Test to see if you have it
    it should basically cut off some of lighter pressure data, and might solve your shoelacing provided it's caused by actual tablet sending pressure information, not drivers/OS bugging out.
    roughly the same as pressure offset changing.
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    @Sporus

Yeah painter is just to "laggy" and slow. People with "super computer like" specs (I7's with 32GBRam and SSDs) have even complained in the Painterfactory forums. So i think it's software and not hardware. Most modern computers match if not exceed the minimum requirements.

The reason why "no smoothing" seems to work is because setting your brush to smoothing adds extra calculations that Photoshop uses to arrive at the stroke result. The thing is these calculations seem to work well for curves but not for the ends of the stroke.

@ Ikken

I think Mac users will have to wait for Painter 13 for 64bit. From what i can guess from the additions to the 12.1 update, Corel is more focused on building some kind of IOS app that will communicate with painter. I think it's a mixer or colour palette thingy. I think they are following the footsteps of Adobe's colour app on IOS.

I sometimes wonder about Corel's priorities. I hope my guess is wrong though.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HugeBlack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeBlack View Post
    @ Ikken

I think Mac users will have to wait for Painter 13 for 64bit. From what i can guess from the additions to the 12.1 update, Corel is more focused on building some kind of IOS app that will communicate with painter. I think it's a mixer or colour palette thingy. I think they are following the footsteps of Adobe's colour app on IOS.
    well a year ago they were stressing out that 64 bit support is planned a part of painter 12's release cycle. there was no word on painter iOs app at the moment as well.
    I can't imagine honestly what kind of stuff they're working on for painter 13, and 64-bit alone won't sell it for me, provided I still have early painter releases, amazingly fast in comparison to 10 - 12. no 30 seconds loading screens, mostly no brush lag.
    I sometimes wonder about Corel's priorities.
    same tbh.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Yes, I vaguely remember them projecting 64 bit for Macs in Spring of this year iirc. I think i had posted the quote on CA somewhere.

Thanks
    ^ yep, I remember you posted it here, and it was also blogged by someone from corel after painter 12 release coverage started.
    I can't find the spring estimate anywhere atm (some news websites were previously referring to end of 2011, but I have no idea if they had any trustworthy source or just made up corel's announces for corel.)

Thanks
    Hmm...i see... so an OSX x64 is in the works.

Will it be a free Update?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast