Digital & Entertainment Art Dealer Looking to Connect
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Digital & Entertainment Art Dealer Looking to Connect

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Digital & Entertainment Art Dealer Looking to Connect

Hi all,

I'm an art dealer at international art dealership Cook & Becker (http://www.candb.com). We specialize in digital art and art and artists from the games & entertainment industry with the idea being that this sort of art is under represented in the current art world. We exhibit and sell worldwide.

We work together with individual artists and studios to create special art collections and designer items. For example, we have unique works from Jesse van Dijk (Bungie Studios) and Maciej Kuciara (Naught Dog Inc.) to name some, and will be doing an exhibit with Emmanuel Malin soon.

We only just launched so I'd really appreciate the feedback!

Also, we'll be exibibiting at the upcoming GDC in San Francisco so if you're there I would love to connect and have a chat

Thanks guys and please don't kill me if I'm posting in the wrong thread . If so, kindly point me in the right direction

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 731 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Huh. That's kind of neat. I wouldn't mind having nice big prints of some of the concept art from my favorite games.

I would've thought the rights to all the concept art belonged to the game company, though.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yes, it does

@Stoat. Yes, it does

All the work you see on our gallery website is officially licensed and/or made in partnership with the studio, publishers and artists.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Do you only work with the game industry, or other kinds of illustrators could apply?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 731 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Cool. I hope some of the big boys decide to play.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,880 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Since game companies are work for hire how does this materially benefit the artists? Give me a breakdown of the percentages. You have a 4500 dollar print on your site; Someone buys one, how much goes in the pocket of the involved parties.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We focus on digitally created art mostly, and it is a curated selection. Artists do not have to be from the entertainment industry at all.

It might look like that now because there is a lot of game related art on the website atm., but we're mostly focused on autonomously created or individual works owned by the artists themselves.

The big studio projects we only do about 5 - 6 times a year.

After the deduction of production costs (which run in the hundreds to sometimes thousands for the big pieces on Dibond with the Liquid Gloss/Diasec finishes) we split the revenue between the artist and art dealership. How much can vary but the artists gets a least 50%.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.