Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,261 Times in 2,075 Posts
    I was contacted by a Wacom rep this morning and told the issue I had was resolved in the driver version I was reporting an issue with (HA!). While I can fix the issue - I find this to be a defect because your tablet shouldn't be loosing orientation (and creating different profiles) wireless and usb mode.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    I was contacted by a Wacom rep this morning and told the issue I had was resolved in the driver version I was reporting an issue with (HA!). While I can fix the issue - I find this to be a defect because your tablet shouldn't be loosing orientation (and creating different profiles) wireless and usb mode.
    So either its in a new driver and he doesnt know what hes talking about or they cant fix it...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jhferry View Post
    So either its in a new driver and he doesnt know what hes talking about or they cant fix it...
    yes. I think you got it...
    www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jhferry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for this update, this tablet and it's driver issues seem to be a bit of a distressing thing with experienced users right now, especially since I've been holding off buying it while I wait for a successful Win7 driver update and collect the desired accessories,
    hoping a tablet revision would change the surface back to a user replaceable style(not likely).
    The driver issues can be fixed, but the surface was definitely the result of some designers not taking advantage of the Wacom evolution process. Craziness. I have 2 more accessories to take my time to buy, this tablet is a bit of a want than a need for me.
    I think I'll add this on the list if touch still works through the surface, hopefully it does. Then again, my particular Wacom drawing style might not be bothered so much by the default surface, won't really know till I get it in my hands.
    Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    I have but I remember Wacom Europe cautioning against it since it may affect touch functionality. I'm not willing to spend on it if no one has a legit review.

Thanks
    I made an account solely to comment on this thread.
    If you guys are sick of the sandpaper like drawing texture on the Intuos 5, I have a solution.

Step 1. Slap a cheap-o reusable touch screen protector on it.
    Step 2. There is no step 2.

Seriously. I 'upgraded' from an Intuos 3 and the texture on the i5 was enough to make me want to send it back. Then my roommate came in, peeled off one side of a iPad screen protector and slapped it on my tablet.

This works unbelievably well. The touch still registers because it's a screen protector made for touch and the surface is glass-smooth so no more nib wear. The touch is even better cause I have a case of constant clammy hands that the screen protector blocks.

Now I can write a proper amazon review on it, instead of that bitter rant I was planning to write. In short though, I don't feel like the Intuos5 is a proper update to the Intuos line. It's more like a Intuos4 Touch featuring Nib-Eating-Surface™ and no OLEDs with Mouse Not Included!

Ok so maybe I'm still a bit bitter. It's ridiculous that I have to pay $350 for a product and then have to buy this and a new cable cause Wacom still insist to make their cables out of mozzarella cheese.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mintyfreshmangos View Post
    I made an account solely to comment on this thread.
    If you guys are sick of the sandpaper like drawing texture on the Intuos 5, I have a solution.

Step 1. Slap a cheap-o reusable touch screen protector on it.
    Step 2. There is no step 2.

Seriously. I 'upgraded' from an Intuos 3 and the texture on the i5 was enough to make me want to send it back. Then my roommate came in, peeled off one side of a iPad screen protector and slapped it on my tablet.

This works unbelievably well. The touch still registers because it's a screen protector made for touch and the surface is glass-smooth so no more nib wear. The touch is even better cause I have a case of constant clammy hands that the screen protector blocks.

Now I can write a proper amazon review on it, instead of that bitter rant I was planning to write. In short though, I don't feel like the Intuos5 is a proper update to the Intuos line. It's more like a Intuos4 Touch featuring Nib-Eating-Surface™ and no OLEDs with Mouse Not Included!

Ok so maybe I'm still a bit bitter. It's ridiculous that I have to pay $350 for a product and then have to buy this and a new cable cause Wacom still insist to make their cables out of mozzarella cheese.
    When you say one side what does that mean?

Thanks
    When you say one side what does that mean?
    When you get a screen protector, it comes in 3 layers. 2 of them are just clear plastic sheets and in between them is the actual screen protector. I think the other clear sheets are for applying the screen protector properly.

I just took off one layer and left one clear plastic sheets on top to buffer the nib of my pen. I'm sure it will work even if you take both of the plastic sheets off, though.

So.... in order:

Clear plastic sheet that comes with screen protector
    Screen Protector
    Wacom tablet

I would draw this out for you but my Intuos5 drive just stopped working. FUNNY.

Thanks
    I've had the intuos5 drivers crash a few times. Sometimes I can restart the service, other times it's a lost cause till a full system reboot. It's a real pain in the ass. At least usually when it dies and you're right handed you can still navigate. Me being the lefty I have to flip the damn tablet around to navigate and use the stylus only. Why? Because when the drivers die, the touch no longer responds.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    I've had the intuos5 drivers crash a few times. Sometimes I can restart the service, other times it's a lost cause till a full system reboot. It's a real pain in the ass. At least usually when it dies and you're right handed you can still navigate. Me being the lefty I have to flip the damn tablet around to navigate and use the stylus only. Why? Because when the drivers die, the touch no longer responds.
    The last drive crash above was a strange one. My laptop just woke up from hibernation mode and then my tablet just went crazy. Pen and touch did not work right, there was this major lag time when I tried to do anything and then it just stopped working. Plugging in and out did not fix it. So I restarted.

My intuos3 had a problem like this, but it was pushing 5 years and was afflicted with the Great-Wacom-Cord-Suck so when I moved it, it would turn on and off by itself. That caused the driver to crash.
    Really no excuses for a brand new 5 to do the same thing, though. Update the damn drivers, Wacom.

It works fine all other times. I think if you unplug it before going to sleep or hibernation mode, it would fix it.
    Last edited by mintyfreshmangos; April 3rd, 2012 at 04:28 AM.

Thanks
    Well as long as the tablet is plugged in your default power modes will not work. Doesn't seem to be a problem if you unplug it, but if you have wireless (which I do) it also affects the mode. You have to tell the PC to turn off on your own so it's another driver problem.
    Last edited by Arshes Nei; April 3rd, 2012 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks
    I've been having the same problem with the latest driver for my Bamboo Fun that is attached to my laptop. I use the Bamboo as a mouse on it and I've been having to reinstall the driver at least once a week if not more.

I keep losing tilt on my Intuos 4 on my desktop as well, but that just requires calling up the Wacom properties and then minimizing again.

I think the latest set of Wacom drivers has some real problems.

Thanks
    Huh, my new i5 pen is having some trouble with switching from eraser to pen mode. Some time it does not recognize when I flip the pen upside to use the eraser and vice versa....is any one else having this problem?
    I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software issue.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mintyfreshmangos View Post
    When you get a screen protector, it comes in 3 layers. 2 of them are just clear plastic sheets and in between them is the actual screen protector. I think the other clear sheets are for applying the screen protector properly.

I just took off one layer and left one clear plastic sheets on top to buffer the nib of my pen. I'm sure it will work even if you take both of the plastic sheets off, though.

So.... in order:

Clear plastic sheet that comes with screen protector
    Screen Protector
    Wacom tablet

I would draw this out for you but my Intuos5 drive just stopped working. FUNNY.
    You mean like for an ipad. How do you keep it in place? I have a large so the thing keeps moving around and I would need to get a bigger one.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast