Intuos 5 - Touch - Page 7
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Intuos 5 - Touch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    From what it sounds like it may be a new option. I know that Mapping has the handedness, but they said to check "Options"

Ok they're talking about Options. You need to click on that, not Mapping.

Oh for crying out Loud Wacom. Can't you have it stop flipping orientations in touch mode?
    It ocurred to me this morning that when I was having trouble yesterday, I had to keep hitting undo which is the top button on my tablet and I hit it with my right hand. If it was registering as right handed orientation, my undo button would have shown up on the bottom and not the top as I would have been holding it upside down, correct? Or is that "option menu" only for the tablet working area and not buttons and their software?

www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by philofmars View Post
    It ocurred to me this morning that when I was having trouble yesterday, I had to keep hitting undo which is the top button on my tablet and I hit it with my right hand. If it was registering as right handed orientation, my undo button would have shown up on the bottom and not the top as I would have been holding it upside down, correct? Or is that "option menu" only for the tablet working area and not buttons and their software?
    This is what was happening to me.

Pen mode was correct.
    Touch mode orientation was Right handed mode
    I had to navigate with the stylus over to the Mapping, change the mapping to something else, and reset it to Express Keys right - Left handed mode.

It's happening every time I update the driver and it makes me nuts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'm back.

Still no word on a non touch large? God dammit, Wacom.

Arshes, how's the surface sheet and the rubber of your tablet been holding up? Getting shiny, or still just as good?

I may just screw it and grab a large 5, since the 4 has been completely killed off now. Just hoping Arshes build quality has still been solid.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It still has been holding up well. I'm getting along better with the tablet now with the later driver updates. HUD is actually pretty good now. Also, a Wacom representative has been in contact with me because of my Amazon review.

I still get odd mapping issues when updating the drivers but I'm going through and seeing if the other bugs have been killed off that I mentioned in my review.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It still has been holding up well. I'm getting along better with the tablet now with the later driver updates. HUD is actually pretty good now. Also, a Wacom representative has been in contact with me because of my Amazon review.

I still get odd mapping issues when updating the drivers but I'm going through and seeing if the other bugs have been killed off that I mentioned in my review.
    So you could recommend it over the 4 now? Thank god the rubber seems to be durable.

Might deal with the surface sheet crap if so.

Can you link to your Amazon review, and what did the rep say? Very interesting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok everyone....can I get a sanity check here? I think my Intuos 5 is having connection problems within MONTHS since I purchased it. It took my other wacoms years to develope a connection issue.

I noticed every time that I moved my tablet up, it would shut off and then restart itself. Then I touched the usb cord, the 'B' plug that is connected to tablet, down just a tinnnyy bit, and my tablet would reset itself.

....Is this normal and I just didn't notice it till now? Am I going goddamn crazy here or is this a connection issues? I have tried 3 other cords and they react the same way so I know it's not a cord issue. I'm just. Aghh. Frustrated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Tephnos View Post
    So you could recommend it over the 4 now? Thank god the rubber seems to be durable.

Might deal with the surface sheet crap if so.

Can you link to your Amazon review, and what did the rep say? Very interesting.
    http://www.amazon.com/review/R3OWFRP...41966&store=pc

Here you go. Late response.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, after getting the 5 large I have to say, getting used to these touch features is going to take some time.

It appears my natural pen resting position on my hand is too high up for the tablet (never had a problem on the 4) and it activates the touch features. Aka, gliding my hand across the tablet suddenly causes mass rotation or something.

Any settings I can adjust?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Tephnos View Post
    Well, after getting the 5 large I have to say, getting used to these touch features is going to take some time.

It appears my natural pen resting position on my hand is too high up for the tablet (never had a problem on the 4) and it activates the touch features. Aka, gliding my hand across the tablet suddenly causes mass rotation or something.

Any settings I can adjust?
    You can turn the touch off, but if you're left handed like me. You have to open the Driver Tablet properties, click on Options then select the correct hand orientation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can turn the touch off, but if you're left handed like me. You have to open the Driver Tablet properties, click on Options then select the correct hand orientation.
    'Mouse handedness'?

That'll be it then, ahaha.

Go lefties.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On a work surface Intuos5 Wacom Tablet Pen & Touch, there are scratches. Doesn't harm the functioning of the tablet ...?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Marylka View Post
    On a work surface Intuos5 Wacom Tablet Pen & Touch, there are scratches. Doesn't harm the functioning of the tablet ...?
    Since the intuos 5 touch doesn't have a replacement sheet, scratches can affect your performance (like how you draw). It just depends how deep and how you work. It may not be a big deal to you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I use a 160g paper over the surface , works still great and you dont get any scratches but depends on the paper nib can wear off faster

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so my little over a year old medium intuos5 touch tablet has scratches on the surface. I was using an intuos4 mouse and a particle was caught in the felt on the underside of the mouse.

i contacted wacom support, and initially they seemed like there were going to replace it. The tech had me dig up my invoice (which was actually really time consuming) and email him some pictures. He never asked me how the scratches were incurred, only that if it was under warranty with proof of purchase they would replace the surface.

after sending off my email the tech contacted me and stated they would not cover the repair because the scratches were not from a nib (i never said they were, nor was i asked if they were). He offered a non-warranty replacement for $105.

IMO that is an outrageous cost for something that i was able to do by myself for under $20 on previous tablets. It seems to me Wacom is building in planned obsolescence into their tablets since every tablet will need it's surface replaced after enough use. I've also noticed that they are now cutting off support for their older tablets as their newest drivers have dropped support for the intuos and intuos2 tablets.

I've been using wacom products for over 20 years, and have purchased every intuos tablet version released as well as several cintiqs. In the past i could justify the high prices paid since their customer support was actually quite good. However my last 2 dealings with the support has been dismal. I think my 24HD may have been the last product i purchase from wacom. I was looking forward to the cintiq hybrid, but will now actively look for alternatives.

my message to potential intuos5 owners is to be aware of the policy regarding the overlay. it is not a user replaceable part, and costs $105 if out of warranty or they deem it not a manufacture defect. this substantially raises the cost of ownership of the tablet when you consider that eventually the surface will need to be replaced. who knows what they'll charge after they release the next version of the intuos tablet. who knows if they'll even be willing to perform the replacement. judging by my recent dealings with them i'm guessing they won't.

Last edited by RuiRam; November 20th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by RuiRam View Post

I agree. That's why Im buying a posrus screen protector and comboing with the felt nib. No scratches and I still have a little more grip from the nib.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Members who have read this thread: 25