Intuos 5 - Touch - Page 5

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    weird. It must be windows specific problems because I have never had an issue with my i5Touch or cintiq21 on the mac. I will load up the software in windows 7 soon and see if I have the issue.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where's your tumblr link?

www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DDar View Post

The only annoying part is the definite shoelacing issue, however, it only seems to be a problem in Photoshop. So, I guess I could stick to Painter 12 for now and wait the problem out, or just use Photoshop ONLY on my mac... But yeah...

What do you mean? Like, could I make specific preferences for photoshop where no modifiers were mapped to the buttons and the issue would go away?

Also, I have the newest 21UX, so one with intuos 4 tech.
    Go see my post on the Rounded Stroke bug in this forum. I posted a video, explained the problem.

The intuos5 is actually pretty good for surfing web pages, the touch navigation (not the gestures) work fine, and the touch wheel is good for scrolling.

Last edited by Arshes Nei; April 16th, 2012 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just installed my intuos5 touch too now. Gosh, I actually liked my Intuos3 better. XD Maybe it just takes time to get used to it or something.
    There are only two more things I need to know...

Where can you buy intuos5 nibs? (I only get hits for intuos4 nibs)
    And how can you replace the nib? Because there is said to be a pen removal thingy but I haven't found it, and I do not know how it works. Reading about all those nib wear-out issues, I figured I am going to need this information.

Last edited by Sushy; April 17th, 2012 at 07:01 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushy View Post
    I just installed my intuos5 touch too now. Gosh, I actually liked my Intuos3 better. XD Maybe it just takes time to get used to it or something.

And how can you replace the nib? Because there is said to be a pen removal thingy but I haven't found it, and I do not know how it works. Reading about all those nib wear-out issues, I figured I am going to need this information.
    I think the Intuos 4 nibs will be the same as the Intuos 5 nibs, the pen technology is the same after all.. They actually use the same nibs for Bamboo, I4 and I5, I think. So you could stock up on those.

Wow, after reading through all the replies on this thread, though, I'm glad I got my Intuos 4 just before the 5 came out. I love mine, never had a problem with it (nib wear, but that's manageable). Was getting tempted by the idea of a newer model, but now I'm definitely going to stick to my Intuos 4.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yeah I like my i3 better too. XD

Intuos3, 4, and 5 all have the same nibs. You can interchange any of them. The i4 and i5's pen are the same.

It does come with a nib remover. It's where the nibs are kept, in the pen holder. Untwist it and see the metal round ring in the middle of all the nibs? That is the nib remover. (Yeah, my mind was blown too.) You can take it out and just pull out your nibs with it. If you ever lose it, you can just use a tweezer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mintyfreshmangos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All Wacom tablets use the same nibs for the regular stylus btw. (least all that have come out and use them). The Art Pens use different nibs than the regular stylus. Even though you may not get the benefit from the other nibs on older tablets or a bamboo they can use them. Like the flex nib

The intuos 4 and 5 use the same technology, it's like the intuos5 is more like an intuos4+ because of the redesign and ability to get a wireless kit. Of course if you have the touch version that's a bonus too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    on the nibs - if you still have leftover intuos 3 nibs (white matte plastic) I strongly recommend using those
    black intuos 4 nibs feel more slippery and seem to be less wear-prone than older ones.

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painterô gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ikken View Post
    drivers have never been wacom's strong point to be fair.
    they will update them eventually, but it might take years (or light years...) to do so.
    (still better than all of their competitors though)

NEW DRIVE FOR WIN 7 ON WACOM SITE. And it didn't take a year! Ghhahaaa!! *jumps on it*

http://www.wacom.com/en/CustomerCare...5&os=Windows+7

No I have not tested it out. I'm just informing everyone. I'm not even sure what changed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mintyfreshmangos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whatever happened to the driver bulletin?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to say this driver doesn't fix the Photoshop bug. I think what this driver does is fix the no sleeping bug for Windows 7

When I first installed, and after a reboot, your tablet stays off...until you power it on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I assume it's only adding/fixing multitouch functions for intuos 5 and providing backwards compatibility for older models; judging by the driver name, it's another intermediary version, probably fixing some minor flaws from the previous build.
    and there're no release notes of any kind as well.

it also crashed once on me after installing, very classy :(

four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ikken View Post
    I assume it's only adding/fixing multitouch functions for intuos 5 and providing backwards compatibility for older models; judging by the driver name, it's another intermediary version, probably fixing some minor flaws from the previous build.
    and there're no release notes of any kind as well.

it also crashed once on me after installing, very classy
    Well if you're getting the "No tablet found" it's because you need to power on your tablet. Mine was turned off after the reboot. Once I turned it on it seemed fine.

Doesn't look like it fixed the power settings. My monitor was on all this time :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    > it's because you need to power on your tablet
    sorry, what do you mean? how do you "power on" a tablet??
    mine is always attached to the laptop with a usb cable, and it's on all the time I suppose.

I haven't got the "no tablet found" error on mac, btw, but drivers have been crashing noticeably since upgrading to intuos 5.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is an actual power button on your tablet. It's usually for wireless, but apparently I have to now turn the damn thing on since the upgrade even though I have it plugged in via usb.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Disappointing. My back has been really bad so I really haven't spent much time with this. Doesnt look like Sketchbook Pro or Manga Studio is up to date yet either.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My eyes are bleeding at what I've been reading here over the past month.

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    With all this nonsense, should a guy just buy an intuos 4 medium for a hundred less, rather than buy the 5 medium? Being left handed, Arshe's points on that subject lean me toward yes. I don't hear a lot that makes me want to buy the 5 if I don't care about gesstures or a rubber coating...

http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by philofmars View Post
    With all this nonsense, should a guy just buy an intuos 4 medium for a hundred less, rather than buy the 5 medium? Being left handed, Arshe's points on that subject lean me toward yes. I don't hear a lot that makes me want to buy the 5 if I don't care about gesstures or a rubber coating...
    You could do that or just buy a 5 dollar USB cable. I will say the wireless works well on this tablet. However, you do have to spend an extra 40 for the kit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, anyone else got their Photoshop crashing on the intuos5 driver?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On the latest driver? No. The pressure curve still sucks though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've just purchased an Intuos 5 Large, the button inside the circle doesn't seem to click like the other buttons on the unit, is this right or have I got a dodgy unit?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by analogmonkey View Post
    I've just purchased an Intuos 5 Large, the button inside the circle doesn't seem to click like the other buttons on the unit, is this right or have I got a dodgy unit?
    The center button does not make a clicking sound if you mean "click" literally.

Otherwise, it's a common issue.

The whole rubber side is capacitive touch. What is happening is the area where the touch ring is covered is also detecting the touch along with the center button - so they cancel each other out, at least that's what I figure as to why the center button is so lagged and garbage.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I love it

I'm reading a lot of negative reviews, but I upgraded from my 4, and I love the new 5. The touch isn't perfect, but it works. I think it feels more sensitive with a lighter touch. Love the wireless. I've had none of the crashing issues, etc. that others have experienced.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I may just wait for 6 to come out... or a cintiq, whichever I can save up for or get first.

This is crazy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    The center button does not make a clicking sound if you mean "click" literally.

Otherwise, it's a common issue.

The whole rubber side is capacitive touch. What is happening is the area where the touch ring is covered is also detecting the touch along with the center button - so they cancel each other out, at least that's what I figure as to why the center button is so lagged and garbage.
    Yeah i meant click literally, thanks for the info!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The active area on the I5 is the same as the I4. Anyone else tried to put an I4 overlay on the I5 to see if it was still functional?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I second the above question, I think it would still work as people have put other protective sheets on it?
    And - oh well I'll just go ahead and ask:
    For someone coming from a really old Graphire (a 3, no buttons... not even the pen button works anymore actually), would you recommend I4 or 5?
    Was about to buy 4 but then 5 came out. I've been reading what I can about it but I'd figure I'd just ask directly for a recommendation/opinion, that doesn't deal with going from I4 to I5 because I've never even used a Intuos. What makes me hesitate between 4 and 5 is the keys and HUD, on which tablet is it easier to use? Is this a big deal to you?

In case of 5, with or without touch? (I want a M. I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to send it to Wacom to change surface. I also would like to have a mouse to use on it :/) If I decided for non-touch, wouldn't it be better to get a I4? Or no?

I'm not considering price too much because the sellers I've found that sell to my country don't really have a much lower price for I4. Though I guess I'd have to consider the extra money in case I need to get a mouse (I don't really see a need to go wireless, so no kit for me for now).

Last edited by Elciled; May 16th, 2012 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well the consideration is this for the intuos 4 or 5.

I first just recommend getting an extra USB cable for either device. I swear the ones that come with the tablets are ...cheap And you can get a cheap one that is better built.

Now for the next set of questions. It depends what you want. I will say that having a wireless option (and I bought the wireless kit which is an extra 40) is nice. Bluetooth has been touted as a bit slow, and I think the USB receiver is pretty flawless. In fact, I tend to get better response time with the keys and touch ring for whatever weird reason.

If wacom can kindly state the "nominal fee" we're looking at if the tablet gets scratched it would be nice. I think someone bought the http://amzn.com/B007IWKQQQ cover and said it was a bit slick in the review. Not sure if someone else in the thread has tried it. It's about 15 extra.

I think the express keys are laid out better than the 4. I just hate how the touch ring center button responds. However, the wheel is great. I use it when I need to web surf. You can also turn the HUD off if you don't like it.

If you like the OLEDs don't care about potential wireless swap in (which you have to buy the intuos4 bluetooth if you really want it) Go with an intuos 4.

I'm getting along better with my intuos5 though I'm still waiting for those driver updates so my computer can finally sleep when my tablet is plugged in the PC. That and the other bugs that has me so irritated.

(it's wauh-com dammit )

Last edited by Arshes Nei; May 16th, 2012 at 10:43 PM.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post

If wacom can kindly state the "nominal fee" we're looking at if the tablet gets scratched it would be nice.
    So, I wonder if the fee is the same as the cost of an I4 overlay. If so, I could get with that. What I couldn't get with is if they kept my frickin I5 for more than 24hrs. They should have designed the surface as user replaceable. This design aspect would have been a simple task to implement. Then again....my tablets get daily use and I don't dig trenches with the stylus. It took a few years before I replaced my I3 surfaces.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1