Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Granted, they removed the leds, but added multitouch tech and wireless kit ports. Probably a fair trade.

However, I got the large and there was an empty spot in the packaging perfectly cutout for a mouse haha….but I've never had interest in using the intuos for a mouse pad. The two that came with previous tablets actually were wasted money by wacom.

Wonder what the percentage of buyers who use the mouse is? They have the one with lens for CAD, but I don't see the attraction to a mouse that only works on the tablet surface.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 2,074 Posts
    I remember posing that question before of "who uses the mouse" and I actually was surprised that quite a few members of CA responded that they do. In fact a lot of them were in Europe and were actually upset that the US got an included mouse, but their countries didn't.

I don't use the mouse either but, since the intuos5 is compatible with the 4 it's something that people can use.

Now apparently there is a non touch version of this tablet offered. I think people in Europe/Asia may have this offering. I don't know if that includes the mouse. It's a difference in about 50 in that country's currency.

I will say the intuos5 is better than the 3 in terms of construction quality and usefulness. I do hope that the keys get sorted out. Like I said, I tried this on two different systems and I'm getting lag at times.

Thanks
    I'm concerned about the lag as well.

As a professional designer and illustrator, I spend a lot of time at my tablet, anything that is a qualitative loss in the operational experience is going to be a hit to workflow, and possibly a detractor for my using this iteration of the Intuos longterm. That is, on the assumption that my experiences will be similar to your own Arshes.

It took me ages to acclimate myself to using the keys and relying less on the keyboard -- especially during illustration sessions, where moving to the keyboard always felt less natural and took me out of the experience of drawing. After finally training my ADHD brain to stop reaching for the keyboard to quickly use the eyedropper tool, or two switch between my brush and eraser (yes, it will probably take me another aeon to learn to flip the pen upside down for this functionality), I will be saddened to go back.

Thanks
    I've been plugging in my intuos 4 and 5 to see which touch ring functions faster.

Intuos4 for me hands down.

What I'm thinking or figuring (but I still seem to get some lag) is that the touch ring on the intuos5 may be extra touchy. It seems to be registering a tiny bit of my thumb on the wheel when I'm pressing the center button - this cancels out the cycle/switch command. I don't have big thumbs, but I do have fingernails so I have my finger shifted a bit.

Intuos 4 is ok with this from what it appears, but the intuos 5 is not. So I guess +1 for the intuos4 wheel. I get less lag from the other keys but I'll have to see.

Guess the intuos5 doesn't like people with fingernails Because I'm not about to shift my finger where the nail is digging into the center button.

I'd attribute this to the size of the wheel and center button, but both seem to be the same size as near as I can tell. Even the distance between the wheel and center button is about the same. Difference is the intuos 4 was something like 2 separate pieces and the 5 is kind of a mass with indentations (if I'm making sense).

Also I took out one of my Amazon Basic cables and switched it for the default USB cable for the 5. Much snugger/better fit. So I'm happier with that. I'll put the OEM cable in back in the box

Last edited by Arshes Nei; March 14th, 2012 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks
    I'm actually excited about the angled cable connection, but I'm also a right-hander, and could see the "loop back" being an issue when the orientation is changed for lefties. I used the bases for my Grip Pen and Art Pen as a sort of conduit for the I4 cable; otherwise the curve of the cable took up far too much desk space. It may be a subtle change, but the fact that the cable now runs back at 90 degrees is a huge plus for me. Of course, depending on the wireless functionality, I may only bring the cable out for charging sessions (as long as it's marginally better than the I4WL, which was, for me, the first Intuos tablet I ever returned, as the latency was simply out of control).

(if I'm making sense)
    You are :p

Thanks
    Hi, Right now I'm trying to decide between buying a Intuos 4 wireless and a Intuos 5 medium.

One thing I had herd about the Intuos 5 was that its active area is only the area inside white border lines that appear and not the entire indented area leaving a large amount of dead space. Is this true?

Also I'm not sure if anyone viewing this has used the Intuos 4 wireless but I had herd that it has some noticeable input lag.

Arshes, You said the Intuos 5 was apparently filing your fingernails, Have you noticed any scratches on the tablet from this?

Sorry for the rambling, but this being my first Graphics tablet purchase I kinda want to get it right.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsc45 View Post
    Hi, Right now I'm trying to decide between buying a Intuos 4 wireless and a Intuos 5 medium.

One thing I had herd about the Intuos 5 was that its active area is only the area inside white border lines that appear and not the entire indented area leaving a large amount of dead space. Is this true?

Also I'm not sure if anyone viewing this has used the Intuos 4 wireless but I had herd that it has some noticeable input lag.

Arshes, You said the Intuos 5 was apparently filing your fingernails, Have you noticed any scratches on the tablet from this?

Sorry for the rambling, but this being my first Graphics tablet purchase I kinda want to get it right.
    Well, when I have it on force proportions it does this.
    Areas outside the top and bottom marks will immediately go to the top and bottom of the screen. I haven't seen any reaction from the side

It's not so much dead space since the active area is about the same as an intuos 6x8 medium. It's an area that will keep you from crashing your pen into the corners. I think it's weird however, it's not centered, it's shifted to the side

The intuos 5 uses different technology, ie a USB receiver so there really shouldn't be as much lag as the wireless of the intuos4.

There are no scratches on my tablet thus far. What I thought were scratches were my fingernails being filed.

Thanks
    Alright then. Thanks for the reply, I think I'll grab the medium 5 then.
    Its a shame tho, really would have liked the look of the OLED screens.

Thanks
    I like using the Intuos 4 mouse. It saves me another USB port. Plus a mouse works much better for me when i'm just browsing the web.

Plus switching the Mouse Mode to pen enables rotation like with the Art Pen. So i use that to help create patterns and canvas effects.

Also Wacom Mouse plus Express Keys is GREAT for gaming. I map the Express Keys to commands and the Touch ring as well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HugeBlack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeBlack View Post
    Also Wacom Mouse plus Express Keys is GREAT for gaming. I map the Express Keys to commands and the Touch ring as well.
    HAHAHAHAHAA!
    I don't know if that's genius or madness.

www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to philofmars For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @philofmars

There's a thin line between the two eh

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HugeBlack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews not getting much better at Amazon. Wondering if Wacom has a real problem here.

Thanks
    Should see the Inkling reviews on Amazon

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.