Intuos 5 - Touch - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Intuos 5 - Touch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like using the Intuos 4 mouse. It saves me another USB port. Plus a mouse works much better for me when i'm just browsing the web.

Plus switching the Mouse Mode to pen enables rotation like with the Art Pen. So i use that to help create patterns and canvas effects.

Also Wacom Mouse plus Express Keys is GREAT for gaming. I map the Express Keys to commands and the Touch ring as well.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HugeBlack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeBlack View Post
    Also Wacom Mouse plus Express Keys is GREAT for gaming. I map the Express Keys to commands and the Touch ring as well.
    HAHAHAHAHAA!
    I don't know if that's genius or madness.

www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to philofmars For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @philofmars

There's a thin line between the two eh

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HugeBlack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reviews not getting much better at Amazon. Wondering if Wacom has a real problem here.

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Should see the Inkling reviews on Amazon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is intuos 4 art pen working fine with 5?
    is it likely that wacom will release a new version of art pen for 5?

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pen tech is the same, don't worry about that.

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought I'd mention another bug. The tablet when plugged in disables your monitor power settings (Windows 7). It means your monitor is ALWAYS on. :/

Riiroi is offline Knowledge Thirsty Student Level 3 Gladiator: Catervarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry, this may be a little OT but, how do i tell if my Intuos 4 is 1st or 2nd gen? Are the model numbers different? Thanks!

I Love Anatomy Books!

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ask it @ forum.wacom.eu? they can check when your tablet was manufactured by its serial number, probably can do it with generation too.

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for this videos and reviews guys, good to see the intuos 3 surface returned-

There are no such things as bad art, just tight deadlines.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsevilla View Post
    Thank you for this videos and reviews guys, good to see the intuos 3 surface returned-

Where did you read that? From what I read the Intuos5 surface is still quite "chewy"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Per our earlier conversation Arshes, I finally got my backordered I5 large in, after a two week long backorder. So far so good. The wireless experience is far superior to the I4WL and touch gestures are working flawlessly. I'm on Mac OS X, so I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes where gestures are concerned, as I haven't tried the tablet in Windows 7 yet.

I do not like the surface grit -- I had hopes after that misleading first impressions article I read, that the smooth surface would return. That being said, I haven't seen any scratches thus far, and am quite pleased with that.

Capacitive and tactile buttons feel good. I do not miss the LED displays, nor do I miss the strange, staggered arrangement of the buttons on the I4.

My only complaint is something you mentioned above. I wish the "active area" was more centered on the tablet; I understand why there's more space on the right (or left) sides, as, depending on which is your dominant hand, the extra space will correspond to the natural left-to-right strokes you make as an illustrator, allowing extra space on the side where it is needed. (Still -- the active area feels off balance and completely messes with my strange necessity to keep things symmetrical (I'm quite OCD in this regard))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys, first post around here so hello everyone.

Considering the medium size version of the intuos 5, but not so sure if the touch option would that usefull. What is your opinion after using it? is it so laggy and buggy that you have permanently turned it off?

I can see how it could be usefull, but wondering if similar functionality can be achieved with the buttons on the left side..

The other option is to just buy the cheaper Intuos4 small, since the've gone down quite a bit. I would be going small, but is for home use so it would be just fine.

Any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Cris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't had any issues with touch functionality thus far. I've even permanently removed my Magic Trackpad from my setup.

Despite the problems others have been having (and not to discount those), I still recommend going with the I5; most of the problems being experienced can (and will) be resolved through driver updates. In my humble opinion, it's better to have the more current hardware, even if driver support is lackluster at the moment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a note of caution though. If you accidentally damage the touch surface you have to have the tablet sent in for repair. The way the tablet is built, you simply cannot get another overlay sheet as you can in previous models. So it is something to consider.

I believe Mac Users got a newer driver. I have yet to see one for Windows 7 for the US?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well this just gets stupider.

I got my wireless kit from Wacom last night and charged it. When you put in the wireless kit, it messes up your Wacom preferences. If you navigate to the Properties, it doesn't show your preferences if you use the stylus or touch. HOWEVER, if you navigate with it with a mouse or trackpad it does eventually show your original preferences.

But hey, it gets "Better" When my tablet is plugged in now, it completely lost my orientation preferences in touch mode. Basically if I use the stylus, it remembers my left hand orientation. However if I navigate with touch it is in right hand orientation mode. WTF. Am I supposed to flip the tablet around like someone with OCD?

I also noticed that if you go into full document mode unplugged you may lose your cursor if you're navigating through touch. I watched it happen a few times.

I am soooooooooo frustrated with this product right now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    Well this just gets stupider.

I got my wireless kit from Wacom last night and charged it. When you put in the wireless kit, it messes up your Wacom preferences. If you navigate to the Properties, it doesn't show your preferences if you use the stylus or touch. HOWEVER, if you navigate with it with a mouse or trackpad it does eventually show your original preferences.

But hey, it gets "Better" When my tablet is plugged in now, it completely lost my orientation preferences in touch mode. Basically if I use the stylus, it remembers my left hand orientation. However if I navigate with touch it is in right hand orientation mode. WTF. Am I supposed to flip the tablet around like someone with OCD?

I also noticed that if you go into full document mode unplugged you may lose your cursor if you're navigating through touch. I watched it happen a few times.

I am soooooooooo frustrated with this product right now.
    Oh geeze, this gets scarier and scarier. Maybe I should buy a 4 before they sell out everywhere....

http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I finally fixed if if you want to know how to do it?

I had to navigate in touch mode where the orientation problem was occurring. Despite the mapping preferences stating it was "express keys right" I had to make another selection, choose the one I wanted again in touch mode and it finally orientated itself correctly.

One thing I noticed is that the express key performance is better when in wireless mode. So it's really strange.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I finally fixed if if you want to know how to do it?

I had to navigate in touch mode where the orientation problem was occurring. Despite the mapping preferences stating it was "express keys right" I had to make another selection, choose the one I wanted again in touch mode and it finally orientated itself correctly.

One thing I noticed is that the express key performance is better when in wireless mode. So it's really strange.
    Are you reporting any of this to Wacom?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jhferry View Post
    Are you reporting any of this to Wacom?
    Yep. Before I even made this post complaining about it. I reported it as a defect and contacted Tech support.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Now take it off wireless and try again in corded mode. It may be fixed... weirder things have happened!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by philofmars View Post
    Now take it off wireless and try again in corded mode. It may be fixed... weirder things have happened!
    Nope. Tried it several times. I still get bad lag on USB mode.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know the pens from the Intuos4 work but are they the exact same pens or are there specific Intuos5 pens?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jhferry View Post
    I know the pens from the Intuos4 work but are they the exact same pens or are there specific Intuos5 pens?
    They are the same.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so all these problems are Windows related problems right? The Mac drivers are flawless as usual still?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by joshbailey View Post
    so all these problems are Windows related problems right? The Mac drivers are flawless as usual still?
    The first review on Amazon was a Mac user that had issues and crashes and until a driver update was done. So I guess it depends on the driver version. But it looks like Mac users may be having less issues?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I see the Amazon reviews are still pretty bad. The latest guy complains about the nib wear. Now I know the I4 had the nib wear problem and they came our with a new surface so even if you were a gen 1 I4 owner couldnt you get the newer sheet here? https://www.wacom.com/en/Store/Pages/Product.aspx?product=ACK10031&crumb={35210861-B96F-4926-8E09-AD29390F45CF}

I guess what I am getting is you cannot just change the surface sheet now if they correct it like you could with the I4.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess what I am getting is you cannot just change the surface sheet now if they correct it like you could with the I4.
    I guess that's only if you go for the touch version.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dromi View Post
    I guess that's only if you go for the touch version.
    The non touch version is pretty much the I4 with less features IMO.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 24