Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Intuos 5 - Touch

Thanks
    Oh man, I forgot that rubber cracks. I think it would be time to call the wacom engineers an utter failure if they forgot about something like that surely.

On the plus side, I see there's some intuos 4 large versions over at amazon UK for really cheap. May just go back to the 4 after all. Tis a shame really, I love the looks of the 5.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm not really happy about lack of no touch L model too tbh.
    5 is looking good, but you are not missing much at the end, I think sending it to Germany to get overlay replaced is not worth it at all, get i4 while it's still possible to.
    on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Yeah - I hear you. I could get used to the medium if I *had* to, but I honestly prefer the large. Having two large monitors, it just feels more natural.

Thanks
    you can use mouse mode with M so your tablet size isn't mapped directly to screen, but if you're on windows, you will lose tilt (and optional art pen rotation) information that way.
    if you only use pressure and direction data, you'll be fine.
    (there're chances of M being way too small for your typical brushstrokes, though)
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ikken View Post
    you can use mouse mode with M so your tablet size isn't mapped directly to screen, but if you're on windows, you will lose tilt (and optional art pen rotation) information that way.
    if you only use pressure and direction data, you'll be fine.
    (there're chances of M being way too small for your typical brushstrokes, though)
    To clarify - I have the medium sitting in front of me right now. I am testing it out.

I went with it because it was the only pen version, but yeah - think I need to go larger again. I asked wacom, and they said they'd consider a large pen only version of there was enough demand for it.

I hope there is.

I also asked them about the durability of the surface, and if they had done enough stress testing on it with wear and tear. "We have no further information on that". Damn.

Thanks
    on the surface durability - it will lose the matte texture within approx. a year of constant full time use (less or more depending on your personal painting habits);
    however, what happened twice with my intuos 3 a4 tablet is that surface somehow developed dents/small cavities, perhaps from something sharp falling on the tablet;
    I had to replace the surface because that small dent was in a very often used area of tablet and screwed like every 2nd brushstroke I've made;
    that's the main reason I went for no-touch intuos;
    >> I asked wacom, and they said they'd consider a large pen only version of there was enough demand for it.
    this is quite retarded imo, but if they make an official poll or something, I'll vote for L no touch asap (and will purchase it sometime later, maybe in a year or so)

Thanks
    Oh, by surface durability I did mean the rubber around the tablet itself, not the active area (unless you also meant that). My main concern is the rubber, being rubber, will wear out and smooth down to a shiny surface over time, and then crack. I want a wacom engineer to conform how much stress testing they did on that thing. Looks cool, but man, it's worrying.

Yeah, I asked them to give me a rough idea of how much response they've seen for one thus far.

By the way, I can't remember, did the surface of your intuos 4 file down your fingernails? I don't remember mine ever doing that. The 5 does it.

Thanks
    oh, I see. the rubber thing is interesting, since there're chances it's affected both by mechanical rubbing and, to a lesser extent, sweat and skin oil. I don't think they really tested it much, but the surface quality looks good to me (at least it's more durable than what wacom competition could offer, imo)

> did the surface of your intuos 4 file down your fingernails? I don't remember mine ever doing that. The 5 does it.
    I never owned intuos 4, but did briefly test the first generation model. nothing odd about surface, and I don't get anything weird with intuos 5 overlay (nothing filing down), but if feels so shitty compared to i4/i3, especially right after switching.
    new users may not notice it, though.

ironically, it's still eating nibs like crazy, even despite wacom claims it's supposed to reduce nib wear. I went through a single nib through a week, and I didn't even paint that much.

Thanks
    Huh, if I rub my fingernails against it just briefly, it looks like I scratched it. Then it brushes away and my nail has a mark on it, so if it can file my nails imagine what it does to the pen.

The thing with that surface is yeah, it'll eventually smooth down and you'll notice it in a month. What if someone loves the surface? They'd be sending the tablet away every few months to Germany, what a crapshoot.

Yeah, the second gen i4 and the i5 still eat nibs like crazy, just not 'as' fast as the first gen 4.

If I get the large 4 in, I'll compare the second gen and i5 surface directly, because yeah, while I LOVE the fact that the i5 has a larger drawing area vs active area, it just feels kinda shitty when using the pen.

Thanks
    http://www.wacom.com/en/CustomerCare...s5&os=Mac+OS+X
    there's a new driver (dated June, 14th) on wacom americas website
    couldn't find any release notes whatsoever, so would assume it's another bugfix build.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 2,074 Posts
    The surface of the intuos4 actually wears down after a while I have the first gen and it still feels better than the slippery previous models but it's not as rough as my intuos5.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Latest driver finally allows my sleep functions to work properly on my computer.

Thanks
    Arshes Nei: My Bamboo Fun died recently and I've been looking to replace it with an Intuos 5 Touch. However, after reading this thread I'm shifty.
    I could really utilize the touch features, but that seems to be a no no. I'm looking for a tablet that won't lag a lot with my laptop that has "okay" performance. Do you think I'd benefit more from an Intuos 4?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast