Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Intuos 5 - Touch

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DDar View Post
    Until recently, I just thought I was terrible at digital draftmanship and line control! It ends up the OSX drivers or my intuos 3 had a severe shoelacing issue.
    funny that I never has any issues with intuos 3 under OSX, but shoelacing was terrible at first with intuos 5. I had pressure-related photoshop bugs on windows since cs3 though.

I would get the L, but I need this to be able to fit in my backpack while I'm on the go. I could do 18'', but the 19'' that the Intuos 5 is is just way too big to fit.
    I had a separate wacom bag for intuos 3 a4 to carry it around. they might have some for newer models too?
    As for the drivers, my Cintiq also depends on them to function, so I'd rather not have to uninstall them. Do I really have to?
    which cintiq exactly, is it with intuos 3 tech or intuos 4? (which grip pen does it have, so to say?)
    this part is tricky, I'd say plug it in and see if it works fine; if not, do the clean-up.
    on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 2,074 Posts
    The problem shows up if you have specific shortcuts programmed for Photoshop on your grip pen. If you adjust the threshold for "all others" Photoshop works better for intuos4 and 5 but you have to delete any preferences. This is a stupid bug because I use the ALT key a lot in PS.

Thanks
    So, I got it today. I'm not gonna lie, it's really, really nice. The amount of extra control I have over my brushes is pretty noticeable coming from an intuos 3.

No conflict or crashing bugs either yet, though I turned touch off (I didn't want it taking up any of the resources that could be allocated to operating a heavy duty program.)

The only annoying part is the definite shoelacing issue, however, it only seems to be a problem in Photoshop. So, I guess I could stick to Painter 12 for now and wait the problem out, or just use Photoshop ONLY on my mac... But yeah...

Also, I kind of like the new texture. It doesn't feel completely natural, but it doesn't feel WRONG to me either. I definitely see how it's gonna eat up my felt nibs though...

Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    The problem shows up if you have specific shortcuts programmed for Photoshop on your grip pen. If you adjust the threshold for "all others" Photoshop works better for intuos4 and 5 but you have to delete any preferences. This is a stupid bug because I use the ALT key a lot in PS.
    What do you mean? Like, could I make specific preferences for photoshop where no modifiers were mapped to the buttons and the issue would go away?

Quote Originally Posted by ikken View Post
    funny that I never has any issues with intuos 3 under OSX, but shoelacing was terrible at first with intuos 5. I had pressure-related photoshop bugs on windows since cs3 though.

I had a separate wacom bag for intuos 3 a4 to carry it around. they might have some for newer models too?

which cintiq exactly, is it with intuos 3 tech or intuos 4? (which grip pen does it have, so to say?)
    this part is tricky, I'd say plug it in and see if it works fine; if not, do the clean-up.
    I dislike being encumbered, and my 17'' backpack is enough encumberment than I like anyways. I just like to have everything in there, y'know?

Also, I have the newest 21UX, so one with intuos 4 tech.

Thanks
    weird. It must be windows specific problems because I have never had an issue with my i5Touch or cintiq21 on the mac. I will load up the software in windows 7 soon and see if I have the issue.

Thanks
    Where's your tumblr link?
    www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DDar View Post

The only annoying part is the definite shoelacing issue, however, it only seems to be a problem in Photoshop. So, I guess I could stick to Painter 12 for now and wait the problem out, or just use Photoshop ONLY on my mac... But yeah...

What do you mean? Like, could I make specific preferences for photoshop where no modifiers were mapped to the buttons and the issue would go away?

Also, I have the newest 21UX, so one with intuos 4 tech.
    Go see my post on the Rounded Stroke bug in this forum. I posted a video, explained the problem.

The intuos5 is actually pretty good for surfing web pages, the touch navigation (not the gestures) work fine, and the touch wheel is good for scrolling.
    Last edited by Arshes Nei; April 16th, 2012 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks
    I just installed my intuos5 touch too now. Gosh, I actually liked my Intuos3 better. XD Maybe it just takes time to get used to it or something.
    There are only two more things I need to know...

Where can you buy intuos5 nibs? (I only get hits for intuos4 nibs)
    And how can you replace the nib? Because there is said to be a pen removal thingy but I haven't found it, and I do not know how it works. Reading about all those nib wear-out issues, I figured I am going to need this information.
    Last edited by Sushy; April 17th, 2012 at 07:01 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushy View Post
    I just installed my intuos5 touch too now. Gosh, I actually liked my Intuos3 better. XD Maybe it just takes time to get used to it or something.

And how can you replace the nib? Because there is said to be a pen removal thingy but I haven't found it, and I do not know how it works. Reading about all those nib wear-out issues, I figured I am going to need this information.
    I think the Intuos 4 nibs will be the same as the Intuos 5 nibs, the pen technology is the same after all.. They actually use the same nibs for Bamboo, I4 and I5, I think. So you could stock up on those.

Wow, after reading through all the replies on this thread, though, I'm glad I got my Intuos 4 just before the 5 came out. I love mine, never had a problem with it (nib wear, but that's manageable). Was getting tempted by the idea of a newer model, but now I'm definitely going to stick to my Intuos 4.

Thanks

Yeah I like my i3 better too. XD

Intuos3, 4, and 5 all have the same nibs. You can interchange any of them. The i4 and i5's pen are the same.

It does come with a nib remover. It's where the nibs are kept, in the pen holder. Untwist it and see the metal round ring in the middle of all the nibs? That is the nib remover. (Yeah, my mind was blown too.) You can take it out and just pull out your nibs with it. If you ever lose it, you can just use a tweezer.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mintyfreshmangos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    All Wacom tablets use the same nibs for the regular stylus btw. (least all that have come out and use them). The Art Pens use different nibs than the regular stylus. Even though you may not get the benefit from the other nibs on older tablets or a bamboo they can use them. Like the flex nib

The intuos 4 and 5 use the same technology, it's like the intuos5 is more like an intuos4+ because of the redesign and ability to get a wireless kit. Of course if you have the touch version that's a bonus too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    on the nibs - if you still have leftover intuos 3 nibs (white matte plastic) I strongly recommend using those
    black intuos 4 nibs feel more slippery and seem to be less wear-prone than older ones.
    on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ikken View Post
    drivers have never been wacom's strong point to be fair.
    they will update them eventually, but it might take years (or light years...) to do so.
    (still better than all of their competitors though)

NEW DRIVE FOR WIN 7 ON WACOM SITE. And it didn't take a year! Ghhahaaa!! *jumps on it*

http://www.wacom.com/en/CustomerCare...5&os=Windows+7

No I have not tested it out. I'm just informing everyone. I'm not even sure what changed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mintyfreshmangos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Whatever happened to the driver bulletin?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast