Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 195

Thread: Intuos 5 - Touch

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts

    Intuos 5 - Touch

    Hi! I had the opportunity to play with the new Intuos 5 touch Small in the past days. I was under NDA and this is why I couldn’t post anything before today.
    Basically you have the same pen technology of the Intuos 4 with added touch (not on all model). You can use the same pens that you were using on the Intuos 4.
    I made a short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uholvixLFIg to show what this touch support can do inside Photoshop (after 10 sec of customization in the drivers).
    I will be happy to answer your questions about this product and I will soon give you the link to a review with other picture and video.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VitOne For This Useful Post:


  4. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to VitOne For This Useful Post:


  6. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. I'm considering upgrading to an Intuos5 medium from my Intuos4 medium for the touch features. I plan on migrating early to Windows 8, which will make great use of touch, and I think the Intuos5 will be a great complement to it, in addition to its already great creative applications.

    I'd like to see some videos/demonstrations of people using it with the new Windows 8 Consumer Preview to see how it interacts with all the new Windows 8 touch features.

    Is this something you'd be interested in attempting for review purposes?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
    Thanks for the comment. I can’t promise anything but a review with Windows 8 sounds interesting to me. I will see what I can do. In my opinion touch technology offers great potential and Wacom hardware is very advanced. If implemented in the right way inside the software this approach could be a useful innovation for computer users.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm thinking about either getting the medium touch or a discounted intuos4 to compliment my cintiq 21ux 2nd gen. If you want to know why it is because sometimes the hand in the way bothers and sometimes I am out and about using a laptop.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norfolk VA
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts
    Yes yes YESSSSSS!!!!!!! Finally, Wacom stopped ripping us off with the buy a whole new stylus set business model.....I am so proud of them, I think I'm gonna cry LOL
    An option to add on wireless via a small dongle/battery pack......I've been posting and talking about that since 09'. RF? Extra batteries? EXCELLENT MOVE!!!!! LOL I love it!!!!
    Multitouch? Can I rotate my canvas on the fly while sketching in Painter/Pshop? Please say it's so, I'm excited to find out
    I wasn't able to secure tickets for SD Comic-Con this year, they sent the dam email less than 24hrs before they went on sale and I was way too busy Fri/Sat with customers to check, but this news right here made my day completely and turned a frown upside down I cannot WAIT to try this out
    Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Wait, are you sure that they have changed the whole surface eating away at the nib problem?? From what i gather, the drawing surface is still the same and the pens from the intuos 4 are also still usable.
    Can anyone here please confirm if this is the case?
    I've been holding off from buying the intuos 4 because i dont have disposable income to keep on buying nibs every three days. If this is still the case, i guess ill look for another brand. Thanks in advance.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VitOne View Post
    Thanks for the comment. I can’t promise anything but a review with Windows 8 sounds interesting to me. I will see what I can do. In my opinion touch technology offers great potential and Wacom hardware is very advanced. If implemented in the right way inside the software this approach could be a useful innovation for computer users.
    Seems odd to me that no one here has a mac.
    Does the mac version already have the touch technology? Or is that something that's coming in the new OS?
    www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,047
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 195 Times in 158 Posts
    ^ macbooks/mbpros have been shipped with multitouchy touchpads for a few years already.
    I only dig scrolling with 2 fingers tbh, but I hate everything gesture based a lot;
    apple sort of flawlessly implemented a counter-intuitive feature on the OS level;
    I don't know if photoshop is supporting multitouch atm.

    from my understanding, wacom aren't relying on OS-provided gesture tools for i5, since they have an additional service running in the background on windows to provide m-touch.
    on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    I just ordered my large, to replace my current i4 Large. For me the main selling points are the pen surface (much improved over the i4's nib-eating monster -- as this surface can no longer be changed by the user, Wacom was likely forced to go back to the smooth surface we all know and love from the i3); and the Wireless capabilities (I owned an i4 Wireless, but was not happy with the Bluetooth connectivity, and changing between the Large and Wireless models during certain workflows).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I think the surface is the same that started coming with 2010 Intuos 4 "active area overlay surface" sheet, supposed to fix it but didn't. I want to upgrade from my old Graphire 3 which never had to change nibs until now (about 7 years of use) and I5 came out just as I was going to get I4. Now I don't know what to do... not sure if I4's express keys are more helpful or I5's. Probably should wait for more reviews, but I'm happy you can turn off Touch if you want.
    For the people who like the sandpapery texture though, once that surface wears out and becomes slippery, there's no way to replace it unless you ordered a non-Touch model. I read on Wacom forums they'll offer a way to replace it later on, I wonder how and at what price though?
    By the way, thanks for the review VitOne, and for for clarifying a question I had on your Youtube video.
    Last edited by Elciled; March 5th, 2012 at 02:21 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If anyone has ordered the Medium Touch, could you let us know the dimensions of the entire surface area (active + non-active)?

    From what I gather, the surface of the Intuos5 is not replaceable by the user and must be taken back to Wacom's service centre. Although they will only charge a "nominal fee" for this, I'm considering getting a screen protector of some sort so I won't have to go through the hassle. On the other hand, this would also mean that I would not be able to take advantage of the 5's texture, which early reviews indicate is pretty nice:

    http://fstoppers.com/review-an-in-de...acom-intuos5-2

    //Edit: for anyone interested, the total surface area for the Intuos5 M measures 11in x 7.5in
    Last edited by sylv; March 7th, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Holydivered7 View Post
    Wait, are you sure that they have changed the whole surface eating away at the nib problem?? From what i gather, the drawing surface is still the same and the pens from the intuos 4 are also still usable.
    Can anyone here please confirm if this is the case?
    I've been holding off from buying the intuos 4 because i dont have disposable income to keep on buying nibs every three days. If this is still the case, i guess ill look for another brand. Thanks in advance.
    The surface is the same surface of the Intuos 4 “post-2010” (Intuos 4 surface was changed during 2010, but the nib wearing problem remains). The same material. Wacom confirmed this and it is also written in the review. I noticed the same nib wearing problem that I had on my Intuos 4. Anyway, after the first weeks of use, the surface should become smoother (I noticed this on the Intuos 4) and the nib will start to last longer (although they will never last as long as on a Cintiq or on a Intuos 3). This is the down-side of having a high-sensitivity and paper-like surface. Possible solutions are: buy some nibs, use an Intuos 3, use a “surface guard” in plastic material, use a sheet of paper or other non-abrasive material on the top of your tablet while using it. The majority of the user do prefer to have a paper-like surface and to change nibs (they don’t cost so much to be a problem). If you don’t like this situation let Wacom know with an email or a phone call.

    Quote Originally Posted by philofmars View Post
    Seems odd to me that no one here has a mac.
    Does the mac version already have the touch technology? Or is that something that's coming in the new OS?
    I have more than one Mac workstation, including a MacBook Air, and the Intuos 5 is working fine. I didn’t test it too much because I work more in Windows. Maybe I will make a video and a short review for Mac users too, telling the differences, if I can find some.

    Quote Originally Posted by commonmind View Post
    I just ordered my large, to replace my current i4 Large. For me the main selling points are the pen surface (much improved over the i4's nib-eating monster -- as this surface can no longer be changed by the user, Wacom was likely forced to go back to the smooth surface we all know and love from the i3); and the Wireless capabilities (I owned an i4 Wireless, but was not happy with the Bluetooth connectivity, and changing between the Large and Wireless models during certain workflows).
    I can’t understand why people is sure that Wacom has changed the surface. This is from my review (link in the second message of the discussion):

    Wacom didn’t change the material that is used for the tablet surface. This material was made after years of studies and research. What Wacom engineer wanted was a material that, used in combination with the different nibs, can give the best possible drawing experience. I like the material but I don’t like how fast the nib run out when you use it. I have to say that the nib wearing will be much more slow after the few weeks of use. You have to “run in” the tablet. Personally I prefer the feeling of the 24HD surface, but this is really a matter of personal taste. I think that I'll soon make a new post on the blog with more details regarding the nib wearing.

    Please notice that the part in bold is in bold also in the review. Please notice that the part in bold is in bold also in the review. If you need more details about the surface you should call or email Wacom and ask them directly. They have a really nice support team and maybe they can also tell you where to find a demo unit. The new wireless should be a great improvement over the old wireless module. The only downside that I can see is that you need an USB port for the “dongle”.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elciled View Post
    I think the surface is the same that started coming with 2010 Intuos 4 "active area overlay surface" sheet, supposed to fix it but didn't. I want to upgrade from my old Graphire 3 which never had to change nibs until now (about 7 years of use) and I5 came out just as I was going to get I4. Now I don't know what to do... not sure if I4's express keys are more helpful or I5's. Probably should wait for more reviews, but I'm happy you can turn off Touch if you want.
    For the people who like the sandpapery texture though, once that surface wears out and becomes slippery, there's no way to replace it unless you ordered a non-Touch model. I read on Wacom forums they'll offer a way to replace it later on, I wonder how and at what price though?
    By the way, thanks for the review VitOne, and for for clarifying a question I had on your Youtube video.
    You are welcome !
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Issues with Intuos 4 M touch ring
    By Archdemon in forum WACOM
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: July 1st, 2012, 12:28 PM
  2. Technology Intuos 5 Touch Just launched in Asia
    By Arshes Nei in forum Artist Lounge
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: March 16th, 2012, 09:54 PM
  3. Wacom Fun Pen and Touch vs Intuos 3
    By pegasi in forum WACOM
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 31st, 2011, 01:34 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 27th, 2010, 11:20 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 19th, 2009, 09:17 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook