Technology Intuos 5 Touch Just launched in Asia - Page 2

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel- View Post
    This. I've bought so many cables from them and they've all lasted. HDMI especially. I've had the same HDMI cable for years and it cost me like £2 compared to other silly people I've seen dropping £15-£20 on them because apparently the more expensive the better.
    So long as it's plated, there really is no difference. I guess it's the same for other cables too.

It's nice to see that the nib wear issue has apparently been fixed, but I wonder if it's up to the same quality as the I3?
    According to VitOne a user here who has posted in the Wacom forum on CA nib wear is still present.

http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2...s-5-touch.html

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Fuck yeah, Wireless! !
    I for one am excited. I fucking hate wires.

I also like the tilt (looks better than the intuos 3's tilt) and the option to use your fingers on it to rotate and zoom .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
    I own both the ipad and the cintiq. At the end of the day, I still prefer drawing with my Bamboo!

Using a tablet is the best as it's like direct information from your brain to the screen! Without your hand getting in the way! Why bring real world constrain to digital art creation? I hate how shitty's the position you have to take to draw on the Cintiq even with the use of an ergonomic arm it still suck an my neck hurt. You always end up being to close to the screen, which fuck up your eyes
    and don't allow you to step back from your drawing enough which make your art generally worst! And I'm not even talking how that thing heat up your hand!

I'm not going to talk about the iPad! As that shit is not even pressure sensitive after its second generation!

My answer had nothing to do with wanting something to replace my Intuos (which I love very much). I don't want a cintiq either, because I prefer using a tablet. However having something I could use to make eg. preliminary sketches/thumbnails would make better use of my time when I don't have my computer and wacom with me.

I'd simply like to get a portable wacom product that I could use while not in front of the computer or able to use it with my intuos in certain situations, like on a plane, long commutes etc.

Thanks
    This REALLY makes me wish I'd kept my i3, instead of giving it away.

The i4 was SUCH a disappointment, I went back to scanning a lot of my work.

The nibs and surface scandal is wholesale retarded.

Especially in light of the i3... I never had to replace a single nib, and I had that thing for years.

Hopefully another company comes out with a superior table, and drives these greedy corporate shysters out of business.

As it stands, I guess I'm going to try and hunt down another i3.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,926 Times in 2,380 Posts
    Even though I like my intuos 4 tablet and luckily have no cable problems(wrap knucles on head since no wood is around). I think its sad and funny that digital requires you to relearn something every couple of years to do what you already knew how to do. Software and now hardware requires new learning skills to master as someone not working in our industry herds us to their new idea of whats good for us and charges us more for the privelidge. Imagine someone reinventing brushes and paint every two or three years that causes you to have to relearn working with them in completely different ways to get the same result.

Last edited by dpaint; March 8th, 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks
    I wouldn't get too upset. According to reviews the drivers are glitchy for the touch part right now and actually cause crashes.

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos5-...owViewpoints=1

Wait till that gets sorted out.

Thanks
    I got the intuos5 touch and while I knew the gestures and touch were buggy, I have to say the center button for the touch ring is utter garbage right now. It's extremely hard to get it to switch. Wacom please fix this.

The other thing is that I personally feel this surface is more abrasive than the intuos4 I had. The friction was just right, and this one reminds me of cheap paper that makes you feel frustrated to draw on.

I hate the USB cable. Well I hate the way it's turned and moreso because I'm left handed. You don't get the ports for hand orientation anymore. However, it's really a minor annoyance.

I miss the LEDs but the current design is ok. But right now it's so buggy, it makes me feel frustrated. So when have more time I'll try to tweak the settings.

I do not have the wireless accessory kit so I can't get into it.

But man fix that touch ring button....wtf.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
    I own both the ipad and the cintiq. At the end of the day, I still prefer drawing with my Bamboo!

Using a tablet is the best as it's like direct information from your brain to the screen! Without your hand getting in the way! Why bring real world constrain to digital art creation? I hate how shitty's the position you have to take to draw on the Cintiq even with the use of an ergonomic arm .......!
    Yeah I hate how it comes attached with a note saying.. "do not use this as a second monitor, or as a regular tablet. When this is attached to your Comp you are only allowed to paint when looking at the screen, even though you could use it the same as a regular tablet, or use it to store your pallets, or to watch a movie while painting. Although this cintiq is the exact same as any other wacom with the added bonus of having the best color cards, tons of programmable functions, it can only function as a monitor you paint on....even though you can turn the screen off".

This might be harsh but for Christ sakes its amazing how people $*THC about the cintiqs don't want to draw on screen then don't. stick all your pallets on screen or use the screen for something else....

-Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!

Thanks
    I also just installed this on an XP device (laptop) to see how it fares. I think I'm a bit less frustrated as I was initially with the tablet. There is however lag with this device it seems. I've watch the on screen popup become stuck or unresponsive a few times.

The touch ring is still a hit and miss with really bad lag. Sometimes it works great, other times it's playing catch-up.

I was able to test the device a bit more last night to try rotation. Painter 12, CS4, CS5 responded to the rotate touch gesture. Open Canvas, Easy Paint Tool Sai did not. However, it appears you can program your own gestures anyways so I may be tweaking that quite soon.

The size for these drivers is a bit large due to the touch. You're looking at about a 30mb download compared to ...7mb? for other tablets.

The design is nice though. I'm not fond of the rubber because of the gunk/dust buildup. It's still an electronic device and you know how they're magnets for that kind of stuff. The touch also makes me more conscious of prints/scratches. I thought a few times I had scratches and what it may be doing is filing my fingernails D: However, the slimmer profile makes the intuos 3 kinda look like a "CRT" in comparison due to bulk. I am also not sure why the active area of the tablet, indicated by the OLED marks is shifted over rather than centered. Basically there's about 3" of non active space on one side and like 1/4" on the other? Top and bottom seem to be about 1-2" of inactive space. So that's a bit weird.

I'm going to try to set aside time for the purchase of the wireless accessory kit. I wish they sold it on Amazon but meh, I'll have to go on Wacom's site. But one thing I fear is lag on top of lag.

I'm able to use the 1st Gen Intuos4 Art Pen with it, or rather it is recognized. So that means I got extra pens for this device which is good, since I own the intuos4.

I keep trying to wipe off the surface because it's so obvious, and of course with touch on, that causes problems.

I posted pics in the Wacom forum of this site so if you want to see it, go ahead. I also talk about my dislike of the USB because if turned around, the cord faces toward me because I'm left handed and will cause a kink/bend. So step back from being "ambidextrous" As far as the port. It is kinda wiggly so I'm wondering if I should try my Amazon cable instead.

As others have noted, if you get a scratch on this version, you have to send it in to Wacom for repairs for a "nominal fee" since it's not an overlay. I honestly don't know what that is because last time I shipped something for shipping I got hit hard with shipping costs.

I think this is the first intuos where my initial impression was frustration than feeling potential for productivity. It's not that I hadn't had some issues with previous intuos, but this version didn't get off on the right foot with me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I'm a little underwhelmed. I just hope they come out with an ipad type of cintiq next. If they don't somebody else will.
    I feel the same way. I was hoping for something tablet related, and left underwhelmed.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 924 Posts
    We carry these at my job now. i really dont like gell-like surface of the buttons. I think ill pass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.