Technology Intuos 5 Touch Just launched in Asia

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Intuos 5 Touch Just launched in Asia

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm. Cool news, but...

Arshes, it says, "That video is private" when I try to view it. I also get "Access denied" when I click on the Wacom-Asia links in the other thread. Is there a super secret code we need in order to see this? Why are they trying to hide it from us? Don't they know about the Internet?

Last edited by jpacer; February 29th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.
    "Contrary to the belief of the layman, the essential of art is not to imitate nature, but under the guise of imitation to stir up excitement with pure plastic elements: measurements, directions, ornaments, lights, values, colors, substances, divided and organized according to the injunctions of natural laws. While so occupied, the artist never ceases to be subservient to nature, but instead of imitating the incidents in a paltry way, he imitates the laws."-Andre Lhote

Web, FineArt, Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hah, I saw it earlier too. They must have realized that it was viewable globally.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, interesting but i doubt it would be any more useful than the I4.. Speaking of which, does anyone know if Wacom have sorted out the USB port issue yet?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://freze.it/Qb if anyone still can't access the page normally use this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last edited by Arshes Nei; March 1st, 2012 at 12:52 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a little underwhelmed. I just hope they come out with an ipad type of cintiq next. If they don't somebody else will.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i pass on spending like £300 on touch controls and wireless thanks.

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
    My Sketchbook-
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=190017

SKYPE-
    nyealexandafrayne

Website-
    http://nyealexandafrayne.tumblr.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Look tasty, thanks for posting!
    But I wonder how the touch control work? Wouldn't the palm of your drawing hand interfere?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I'm a little underwhelmed. I just hope they come out with an ipad type of cintiq next. If they don't somebody else will.
    agreed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva K View Post
    agreed.
    I own both the ipad and the cintiq. At the end of the day, I still prefer drawing with my Bamboo!

Using a tablet is the best as it's like direct information from your brain to the screen! Without your hand getting in the way! Why bring real world constrain to digital art creation? I hate how shitty's the position you have to take to draw on the Cintiq even with the use of an ergonomic arm it still suck an my neck hurt. You always end up being to close to the screen, which fuck up your eyes
    and don't allow you to step back from your drawing enough which make your art generally worst! And I'm not even talking how that thing heat up your hand!

I'm not going to talk about the iPad! As that shit is not even pressure sensitive after its second generation!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lebowsky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a little underwhelmed. I just hope they come out with an ipad type of cintiq next.
    I just hope they fix the USB port issue for the Intuos 4 which seems pretty damn sweet otherwise.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb

Indeed. I think I'll pass on the Intuos5 - lots of Intuos4 love from me yet.

Last edited by sylv; March 1st, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wonder how many people are using the inkling?

I knew this was the direction they were going with after seeing so many revisions on the bamboo line. I may get one (intuos5) for the sake of a review, but not sure.

Already there are people making pressure sensitive pens for the iPad http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-stylus-for-ip

If they want to flood the market with tablets every year or so, that's great, but I really hope they bring the prices down.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Why does that guy in the video look so bored?

Dunno if the extra features sell me at the price, but if my Intuos4 cable blows out again, I'd be tempted to get this just to have a large wireless tablet. Though it's annoying that they make you pay extra for wireless.

Or... Why don't they just make the Intuos4 wireless available in large... Grrrrrrr....

(I'm on my second Intuos4 after the first had the usual USB cable issues. And I got the first after my Intuos3 had USB cable issues. HELLO why don't they fix this already!!)

(Ironically my itty bitty Intuos2 still works and has never had cable issues.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I never had any cable issues with my old graphire or now with my intuos 4, and I travel with them. Which makes me wonder what the heck you do with them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, i'm slowly getting convinced on the practicality of multi-touch..
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenGwenevere View Post
    Why does that guy in the video look so bored?
    Freakin exactly. When he tilted his head at 0:40 i was thinking 'jesus christ, they could at least choose actors who are interested in what they're doing'. I find all of Wacom's promotional videos to be utterly cheeseball.

Dunno if the extra features sell me at the price, but if my Intuos4 cable blows out again, I'd be tempted to get this just to have a large wireless tablet. Though it's annoying that they make you pay extra for wireless.
    Price will come down as with any product, although IMO the greatest benefit of buying late is having far less technical issues (in general), which goes for most products as a lot of consumer grade tech is pretty much still in a phase of testing upon release. Products are tested of course, but most often undiscovered issues get overlooked.

(I'm on my second Intuos4 after the first had the usual USB cable issues. And I got the first after my Intuos3 had USB cable issues. HELLO why don't they fix this already!!)
    (Ironically my itty bitty Intuos2 still works and has never had cable issues.
    Yeah, they seem to be far more interested in further profits nowadays :/

Quote Originally Posted by Qitsune View Post
    I never had any cable issues with my old graphire or now with my intuos 4, and I travel with them. Which makes me wonder what the heck you do with them.
    Sounds like they might have fixed it. When did you buy your Intuos 4? Is it the XL or smaller?
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=178834

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't do ANYTHING weird! It sits next to my computer or on my lap, and that's all it does! I did travel with the first Intuos4, which may not have helped... I'm babying the new one and not travelling with it for now...

I swear the ports go at the slightest provocation though. I always panic if my elbow so much as nudges the cable a little.

Of course it's possible that some are better soldered than others, or there may be varying quality between batches. My first Intuos4 was an earlier batch, I think... I'm crossing my fingers that they might have improved the newer ones.

Sounds like they might have fixed it. When did you buy your Intuos 4? Is it the XL or smaller?
    I think it's the Intuos4 Large (PTK-840) - which ironically seems to have disappeared from Wacom's site... Now they only show Intuos5 and the Intuos4 Xtra Large...

I got the first in 2009, so that was the generation that definitely had problems. I got the second last Fall, don't know if it will have problems but I'm treating it with extra care just in case.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The ports were poorly soldiered on the first versions of intuos4 (there have been claims of a fix)

In addition the cable for the USB ports...mine was rather wiggly when I used it for left hand orientation. They told me that "Well you got two sides, use the other" and it's like
    "No I paid for a working tablet that should be under warranty fix your stuff" It was just normal use, I wasn't acting like the Samsonite gorilla throwing luggage about. Paid 50 bucks just to ship the damn thing out to Wacom to repair it.

After it was returned, a short time later the cable itself failed. It was pretty thin and cheap anyways, so I went with an Amazon cable and it fits snug. The stupid part is the replacement cable was 3x the cost on Wacom's site vs a 5 dollar USB cable from Amazon that's plated.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    After it was returned, a short time later the cable itself failed. It was pretty thin and cheap anyways, so I went with an Amazon cable and it fits snug. The stupid part is the replacement cable was 3x the cost on Wacom's site vs a 5 dollar USB cable from Amazon that's plated.
    Which cable is this exactly on Amazon? I might get one just as a backup... (Last time I looked on Wacom's site, I couldn't find replacement cables at all... And I looked in various stores but couldn't find the right kind anywhere...)

Because yeah, the cables are pretty chintzy. :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenGwenevere View Post
    Which cable is this exactly on Amazon? I might get one just as a backup... (Last time I looked on Wacom's site, I couldn't find replacement cables at all... And I looked in various stores but couldn't find the right kind anywhere...)

Because yeah, the cables are pretty chintzy. :/
    http://amzn.com/B001TH7GUK

I actually like their cables, for 5 bucks they're better than the ones I have paid 20 for.

http://amzn.com/B001TH7GUU I also got this

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If I hope for anything with the Intuos5. Is that the nib-wear issue has had some resolution to it.

Just have to wait and see. It does look pretty swanky though. I did prefer it a little more squared than the curved corners.
    Aesthetically, I prefer the Intuos4.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The ports were poorly soldiered on the first versions of intuos4 (there have been claims of a fix)

In addition the cable for the USB ports...mine was rather wiggly when I used it for left hand orientation. They told me that "Well you got two sides, use the other" and it's like
    "No I paid for a working tablet that should be under warranty fix your stuff" It was just normal use, I wasn't acting like the Samsonite gorilla throwing luggage about. Paid 50 bucks just to ship the damn thing out to Wacom to repair it.
    Doesn't that just piss you off? If they really wanted to keep their customers, they would pay for the shipping and replace the product, no questions asked. But i guess they pretty much own the market resulting in a strongly profit-driven business strategy and an almost 'lol, get fucked' attitude towards customer service.

I don't know, maybe i'm just being a bit anal here as they do appear to have fixed the USB port thing, though it took a while. Or was it just the USB cable being too thin?
    I think i'll go for a Large Intuos 4 through Amazon, as i read somewhere in the Wacom forum section that their customer service is good. Hopefully their stock is a recent batch, lol. Thanks for the mention of that cable as well, i'll be sure to pick one up!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 795 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel- View Post
    If I hope for anything with the Intuos5. Is that the nib-wear issue has had some resolution to it.
    I heard they improved that as well over time (though I don't know why they didn't wait and release the product after they fixed such obvious problems..).

from wiki:
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Several Wacom models, including the Intuos4 and Bamboo, have been criticized for the drawing surface's roughness, which rapidly wears down nibs and can result in uneven wear patterns, leaving slick and non-slick areas. [...] The Intuos 4 surface sheet was revised in October 2010 to reduce nib wear. Wacom Europe sells a bundle that includes the revised surface sheet and replacement nibs at a reduced price for installation in existing Intuos 4 tablets.

Already there are people making pressure sensitive pens for the iPad http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-stylus-for-ip
    Zomg I've been waiting for something like that since the ipad was released!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like they're for sale now on the Wacom Americas site. I'm curious to hear some reviews.

But I wonder how the touch control work? Wouldn't the palm of your drawing hand interfere?
    In the second video Arshes posted it looks like he has the pen tip pressed against the working area while using his left hand to manipulate the screen.

I think I might like the touch controls if they're implemented well (and customizable). I like the idea of being able to rotate the canvas and zoom and such with the flick of a wrist. I'm pretty happy with my Intuos 3, though, so I can't justify spending $400 I don't even really have on one of these yet.

"Contrary to the belief of the layman, the essential of art is not to imitate nature, but under the guise of imitation to stir up excitement with pure plastic elements: measurements, directions, ornaments, lights, values, colors, substances, divided and organized according to the injunctions of natural laws. While so occupied, the artist never ceases to be subservient to nature, but instead of imitating the incidents in a paltry way, he imitates the laws."-Andre Lhote

Web, FineArt, Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Challie View Post
    Doesn't that just piss you off? If they really wanted to keep their customers, they would pay for the shipping and replace the product, no questions asked. But i guess they pretty much own the market resulting in a strongly profit-driven business strategy and an almost 'lol, get fucked' attitude towards customer service.
    I'd say the intuos4 is beautifully designed, poorly crafted in some areas that mattered. One of the things touted was its durability. (I'm not saying artists are throwing their tablets about when they get frustrated...) They just last.

That being said I know that may be a problem when it comes to churning new products. "Well this still works, why get another one"

I may just get the intuos5 medium again to give reviews. And I mean a review, not like some of the idiots on Amazon Vine that just gave a 1 sentence review when Wacom gave them out for review. I do my best to give honest reviews from my viewpoint and not score free stuff, and I also review products I pay for...but I digress...

You may want to check out more of Amazon Basics line though because a lot of people spend crazy amounts of money on so called quality HDMI cables and there's really no big difference. You can save yourself quite a bit from their Basic Line if you need one. They also went to selling dvd-rs, batteries and memory cards....but that's another tangent.

The other reason I may get one is to help out users on the forums here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wonder how many people are using the inkling?

I knew this was the direction they were going with after seeing so many revisions on the bamboo line. I may get one (intuos5) for the sake of a review, but not sure.

If they want to flood the market with tablets every year or so, that's great, but I really hope they bring the prices down.
    I heard the inkling is not so much with the good. I'm glad I waited for the jury on that one.

The JaJa looks pretty cool, but the tip looks fragile. I'll put my hopes on hold for that one 'til the reviews come in, but it's still looking pretty cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Intuos 3 all the way baby!

My Intuos 3 cable just broke after travelling around with it for 5 years, on the tablet side where it plugs into the board, and the part is aparently not sold anymore. Other than that I think it has the best button arrangement and the slide bar is more accessable than the gay I-copy-apple circle thingy. And I'm only on my second nib.

I3 I can can control all functions with one thumb, no need to move my hand, it has easy to push buttons. working on an I4 in the office, the buttons are harder to push, easier to miss. this I5 looks even more spread out than the I4.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

You may want to check out more of Amazon Basics line though because a lot of people spend crazy amounts of money on so called quality HDMI cables

This. I've bought so many cables from them and they've all lasted. HDMI especially. I've had the same HDMI cable for years and it cost me like £2 compared to other silly people I've seen dropping £15-£20 on them because apparently the more expensive the better.
    So long as it's plated, there really is no difference. I guess it's the same for other cables too.

It's nice to see that the nib wear issue has apparently been fixed, but I wonder if it's up to the same quality as the I3?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also still kickin it on the I3 and skipped I4 because to me that was underwhelming and considered it not worth the squeezes to get the money together. But this one seems preeettty neat and I don't even remember anymore how many times I have tried zooming and stuff on my tablet with my finger in moments of forgetfulness that I am not on my laptop and then sighed in my head. I think this is what I4 should have been for me to make it stand out ahead of I3 instead of just getting a design overhaul and extra pressure sensitivity which I could hardly tell when I tried it in the shop. I still kinda dislike the design direction they're going in but I really won't be looking at it while I'm working on it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.