Sketchbook: My journey into mental instability and stuff - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My journey into mental instability and stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been awhile since last update - but here goes.

1/ Some quick pencil drawings, from various references and some made up.

2/ Last week I started on a ”Classical drawing course” here in a Copenhagen, it's in a museum called Clyptoteket and it's basically drawing sculptures and doing studies, so far I've only done 5 sketches in total, which you can see below. But I'm a bit worried by the whole thing though, I really want to be able to draw more from mind and I don't know how I can combine that with doing a study of a sculpture, in my mind I need to do live drawings/croquis, work on construction and anatomy etc. I've been thinking about just doing some quick sketches of the visitors in the museum, but my sight is pretty terrible so detail is out the window unless I'm standing right next to them and not sure the custodians would appreciate me stalking the visitors tbh, plus the poses would be pretty darn boring :/
    I'm extremely glad to be able to draw for several hours 4 times a week it's not that, also having someone giving you critique is invaluable. It's just that this is so centered around learning basic drawing and doing studies, and I really want to push my quick sketching and drawing from mind.

Attached Images Attached Images            
    I want to draw - I have to draw!
    ... I just need to learn first.
    My blog - L2Draw
    My sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been awhile, but this stupid course kinda killed my will to draw. I'm so insanely fed up with ”drawing what you see” and I'll throw up if I draw one more fucking sculpture anytime soon.

I'm not learning anything new and I'm only getting confused by the guidance, like I was getting completely mindfucked by how I was suppose to draw form. I don't have a problem seeing the form etc. but how I was told I should draw them was delivered in a way which made me unsure about wtf I was doing and left me dreading to come and draw at the museum, because I just could not understand wtf it was he wanted from me. Anyway I sorta stopped now and started completely from scratch trying to pick up where I left off before I started this mistake, and one of the first things I stumble on is a video from ctrlpaint.com about form and in a few minutes of watching that video and doing a couple of tries myself I understood wtf the deal was about in practice... it just goes to show that we all learn shit differently, hour long debates about some technique doesn't do shit for me since I tune out after a couple of minutes and subsequently I can't remember anything we might have talked about, but concentrated info and some ways to apply it and voila.

Anywho, some old “new” pic's.

First was an attempt at “painting” in SAI and should be Jeff Bridges in True Grit. (It's from last summer though... )
    The pencil drawings are related to that sculpture drawing business and some assignments from there as well.
    Then there's some doodles of me and a couple of friends I play boardgames with (I'm #3 from the left)

Attached Images Attached Images                      
    I want to draw - I have to draw!
    ... I just need to learn first.
    My blog - L2Draw
    My sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    R.I.P my friend. I miss you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2