Results 1 to 13 of 74
Thread: CHoW#279 :: When I grow up
February 26th, 2012 #1
CHoW#279 :: When I grow upCharacter of the Week #279
When I grow up
Create a 'self portrait' of who/what you wanted grow up to be when you were a child
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 4th MARCH 9PM GMT+1 (8PM GMT)
Check your timezone!
This week it's pretty straight forward. We would like you to think back to when you were a child, lets say, younger than 12, and remember what you wanted to be when you grew up. Then, we'd like to you design design your 'future' self, as you imagined you might be back then. Perhaps you dreamt of being a policeman, or a teacher, or a wizard. However just to make things interesting, you cannot draw yourself as an artist, so think about what else might have sparked your imagination.
- It needs to be you (or a version of you. You can draw yourself even older that you currently are, or younger if that is applicable, but you MUST be an adult)
- Can be any style or genre
- You cannot draw yourself as an artist.
- It does not have to be realistic - if you dream of being a robot, or a dragon or a princess then draw it!
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#279_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow279final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
Last edited by Eofn; March 3rd, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
February 26th, 2012 #2
February 26th, 2012 #3
Sounds like fun. Count me in!
February 26th, 2012 #4
OKAY I will try this one.
February 26th, 2012 #5
February 26th, 2012 #6
wow, this is weird, I was talking about how I always wanted to be people in movies with my dad last night. Can I be Qui-Gon-Jinn or does it have to be a profession? Cos if so, its the standard tank driver, pilot, fireman, race car driver.
February 27th, 2012 #7
The Following User Says Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:
February 26th, 2012 #8
February 26th, 2012 #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- Miami, FL
- Thanked 126 Times in 72 Posts
I remember when I was 6 or so my dad took me to the backyard with a white piece of plastic (Crystal) that I threw as hard and far as I could fully expecting the Fortress of Solitude to rise from the ground like in the movie.
February 26th, 2012 #10
LOL thats awesome.
Here in Brazil, we have this kind of very cheap fabric "lucky wristband" wich people believe that: 1st you make a wish and put it on your wrist
Then, when it tears and falls, your wish come true. So me, when I was 7, had this one on my wrist and I kinda wished that I could fly.
So when it fell of my arm, I start to jump like crazy! I even tried to put on a cape LOL
February 27th, 2012 #11
February 27th, 2012 #12
Interesting topic. As far as my memory goes I can only recall specific mediocre roles or dreams but something tells me that there must have been a more abstract aspiration to all of it. At least that'll be the angle I'd go for on this theme.
The restriction is no bother, I never dreamt of being an artist strangely enough.
February 27th, 2012 #13Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Er...ballerina. That dream was crushed right after I got a teeny taste of it.