Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon's Sketchbook

Thanks
    jon your sketches are as awesome as always, i love the control you have over those chars, so many variants, my only recomendation would be trying some textures? i see the same material too often. sorry for couldnt make it at the hang out, my connection is very unstable at the mom.
    keep rocking
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Buxu: Yes, you're right, using the round hard brush so much can result in quite samey textures. I try to define different materials via their value ranges but I think a lot of what you mentioned comes from me not really knowing what the actual material is that I'm rendering e.g. non-descript, sci-fi cloth. I'm sorry to hear about your internet problems but when you get them sorted out you should check out the hangouts more often. I'm there most days at the moment.

JackGriffin: Thank you Jack. It's nice to hear that and nice to see you around these parts again

Here's the progress I've made on my environment piece. I think it got pretty confused once I turned it into a night/dawn piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    eeee! your stuff makes me excited!! keep posting! I love it!
    SKETCHBOOK
    critiques + feedbacks
    please?

Thanks
    Hey Jon I never say this but, I FRIKKIN LOVE YOUR SB.
    BEECAUUSEEEE Whenever I get a hothead about my art or think I can't improve, I just come to your SB and then am brought back down to reality about how crappy my own art is. It's a good thing! haha I'm really grateful that theres an artist here thats active and currently improving at a great rate.I love it. So thank you~

In the future I'll be able to return the favors WITH INTEREST when I'm improved a bit more. Sorry for the waiting

Thanks
    hm you go off? the ship is great, wanna make proper critiques in the envi group but im so away from enivs lately, i got my internet solved, well, kind of, so gonna go to hang outs from now on, what had you been doing buddy? want moarr!

Thanks
    Awesome sketchbook. I really like your character-designs, especially the huntress with the falcon.

Thanks
    StephanDraws: Thankya. I'm glad you like her and I still plan on turning her into a more finished version.

Buxu: Hey Buxu, I totally feel you on the environments thing. I was going through a very similar phase for a while, so I understand. I havn't posted in my sb for a while but I've been on the hangouts drawing almost every day so at least there's some build up of work now I'm glad you got your internet fixed. Maybe we'll see each other around on the hangouts!

Pou: Pou, your comment made me smile I'm glad to hear that this sketchbook has a positive effect on you. I heard recently from a friend who saw my work that it made them demotivated because their own work wasn't on the same level and I don't think that any artist wants to hear that! So, thank you. Thank you for the crit in the environment study group aswell because you made some valid points about the story not making a lot of sense. I don't know if I can change most of those things anymore and I found a way to justify the ship's position for myself by saying that it's limping home... after an encounter with something. If the fires only started recently, I think it should be possible for the ship to stay afloat until it reaches the comparative safety of the estuary.

PoringMaster: Haha, good! Get to drawing!

Thanks for all the awesome comments guys, I really appreciate them. Here's a dump of the work that's been saving up since the last post. First one is a probable WIP for the ChoW, and the dinner scene with all the arches is something for the weekend design challenge I do with a mate. The rest are sketches to a greater or lesser extent.

Thanks
    Update on the dinner piece

Thanks
    wooooooooo!! so much great stuff buddy, all those envis and the complexity of your pieces, ah damnnnn jon damn.
    loving your designs too, its so fashionish

Thanks
    Buxu: Thanks a lot man. Btw, I won't be on the hangouts this Sunday or for the next week since I'm going to visit a friend. Would love to do it again once I'm back though

Worked out the hawk trainer girl, finished up my ChoW and a bit of Adventure Time fanart.

Thanks
    ok say it when your back, were gonna have a nice hangout, miss you already buddy.

your last chars are nice and the hawnk trainer is pretty awesome, maybe try to add more color variaty to your stuff, sometimes feel to dull in color. i like the mood of the last vampire, those cartoons are nice hehe.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Buxu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 399 Posts
    Some of the slickest lineart drawings I`ve seen on CA. You moving up the ladder, big time!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PxelSlayer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Love love love your stuff!!!!

Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 122