Sketchbook: Late Bloomer's sketchbook (must do gooder!!!)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Late Bloomer's sketchbook (must do gooder!!!)

Hello magnificent CA community! I have been creepily stalking you for quite some time now on these boards, marveling at the incredible talent and craftsmanship you all display. My own meager skills pale in comparison, but I have been inspired to start my own sketchbook in an effort to improve and be held accountable by worthy peers who can help guide me along my journey. Here's a few tidbits about me:

I'm a 26 year old American male who has never taken an art class before. I doodle on occasion, but have had no formal training. I'm also almost completely colorblind, so working in color is sure to be an adventure (trying to remain optimistic here).

Like a lot of people on these boards, it has been a dream of mine to one day work in the games and/or film industry as a concept artist and designer. I am painfully aware that at 26 years of age, I am getting quite a late start to my career. Better late than never, I suppose. Without further ado:

1. Playing around at making an environment (color boggles my mind)
    2. A WIP orc type guy. Trying to block in values...
    3. Jaguar shaman done in Alchemy
    4. My first attempt using Sculptris
    5. Quick color on the sculpt
    6. WIP random mecha thingy

Self critiques: I have problems with form and values. And when it comes to color I feel like I'm flailing around blindly (lol). I need to work on seeing shapes in 3d space and understanding how light falls on those shapes. Also, the pose on the orc seems stiff and I'm pretty sure the perspective on the mech is a little wonky.

PLEASE CRITIQUE. Be harsh!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.