Sketchbook: Daily Sketchbook

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Daily Sketchbook

First and foremost, I want to get better. I practice everyday and I plan to keep on practicing everyday. I've been on DA for the past 5 years, but I feel I wasn't surrounded by the right crowd. It's very entertaining, but I feel like it is now currently overcrowded by fan girls. I came to CA from a friend and I felt like I found a community of artists that I can finally talk with and share ideas yo get better as an artist.

I don't have a scanner(yet) So I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to take pictures of my actual sketches done on paper and upload them here with my phone. Everyone else's sketchbook looks very professional and I was wanting to get some tips for that.

I would like to focus on environment/landscape studies. But I know I need to practice in everything. Anatomy, photoshop skills, THE BASICS >> My biggest issue is that my art always looking like a cartoon. I need to stop rushing myself to finish projects. Realism is something I promise to strive for.

If anyone wants to give me some ideas for sketches or studies to help me out, I will definitely do my best to follow your advice. I'm also looking around all of the forums on this site. It is all very helpful! I plan on posting at least one sketch a day along with project ideas.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Odd0belisk; February 23rd, 2012 at 11:16 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

02/23/2012

I'm going to focus on anatomy for the rest of this week and next week I plan to focus on animals and animal anatomy. Because overal anatomy is my week spot >> but I did a lot of human skull drawings today and some face drawings.

Also I worked on PS for a little on my "two girls" project. I wanted to focus on only their faces.

ALL CRITIQUE IS WELCOMED! Tomorrow I'll work on faces and skulls again and try to add some more variety. Please any advice or suggestions is very welcomed :]

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.