Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

Done and done,
    Graduated ... Job hunting time.

It's good to have free-time now to get back on the forums. I've been visualizing the book "DUNE" for my thesis, as if to prove how well/timelessly it could be put into a film production of today's standards.

Trying to give justice to Herbert's classic, at the same time trying to figure out elements to build on or take away for a production. My professors were of great help, with their expertise in ID they were able to help me gear the designs to many markets and demographics, including toys and games.

It was a short quarter (only 9 weeks) and I had an extra class so I still plan to keep working away at this project before I finish and move onto Ender's Game. I still have some designs I'd like to tackle in my summer-time and just keep doodlin' away.

I actually based my criteria for the designs off the main governing elements of toy-design. Developing them towards a methodology I could use:

1-Fun: the initial impact visually of the design ~ the aesthetic appeal that speaks to an outgoing audience.
    2-Engaging: The interaction with the designs' universe ~ The realism and convincing nature communicated to an enchanted audience.
    3-Challenge: The presence of a sequential working articulation ~ The functionality to reward an observant audience.

I'll start with the ornithopter, which I considered a very important design since it's the main transportation unit. I really wanted to get away from the "science-fantasy" portrayals of the book to a more science-fiction feel... the least cheesy-sci-fi I could actually... It should reflect/drive the design of Arrakis, a very industrial spice-processing mecha (the painting's in the works). So I got a chance to go to the local JVC plant and get a tour of their industrial machinery, get some reference and pamphlets of hydraulic systems. It was also presented that the Ornithopter was not a machine unique to Arrakis, that it was on other planets as well. There were many times they discussed how the intakes weren't optimized for combating Arrakien dusts. I worked at it 'till I came up with this very utilitarian design.

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

Also the definition of ornithopter: A machine shaped like an aircraft that is held aloft and propelled by wing movements.

It's clear that Herbert created the ornithopter to be like many of those failed 'flappy' aircrafts from the 1950's we see in old videos blowing up : D
    It's obvious that an audience of today's intelligence would have a hard time buying a ship that flaps (after seeing how they failed so many times)... but I still wanted articulate wings so I developed it's hovering propulsion wings. This way it could still skid to a landing and fold it's wings up like in the book.

some thumbnails that carried me into the freeze.

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

and a very early more incorrect design...

EWWWW!

The harvester is more specialized. along with the carryall (still designing it) it would've been machinery designed completely/solely for arrakis... So it needed to look like more Harkonnen $ was pumped into its creation to combat the elements of the planet.... But the Harkonnens are still cheap, They would probably only use the basic manufacturing-technologies needed to keep this thing supported in the desert.
    It was described in the book as a giant 'beetle'.... but It should be something more in subtle ways. I designed it to be this huge beast that would be dropped off by the carryall and penetrate and rape the earth with its enormous phallic probe. In an hour or two, when done, the carryall would pick it up... quick and dirty.

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

a few of the main thumbnails...
    Three (speedpaints 3-15)

and a very old crappy design
    and some old carryall designs... SHEESH!!
    not gonna' cut it...

I was eating at a restaurant and my waiter picked up on what I was drawing and was very excited. Turns out he was studying to become a film student and it was his dream to do DUNE, he was finishing up the last book in the series when I met him. He helped me a ton with the navigator design.
    The navigators are humans warped by the spice gasses, they have intelligence beyond our comprehension and are capable of warping space. Aside from their more grotesque and vaginal design elements they should look very intelligent ... and very gluttonous from spice spoils.
    Inspired by so many stories of people staring into the eyes of a blue-whale and seeing the whale look right back... seeing that intelligence... that's what I would want these creatures to convey.

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

some early drawings and thumbs...

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

and a painting of a school of navigators entering from a spice chamber preparing to warp space. Quick and based off a block model this was a chance to get to justify my designs in a scene-paint.

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

YAY!!! THE FUCKIN' SANDWORM! really needs no introduction.
    The fucker needed to make an impact... granted he gets to jump out of the sand, he gets to actually sink the damn harvester, and he needs to be the testosterone of the desert.
    A very grotesque, phallic, and disturbing form to stick in peoples' brains.
    the early design really told me how hard I needed to work with this guy...everything was 'tremors this... tremors that' ... yea, only so much you can do with a worm right?
    He's really base very much off planarians/tapeworms since there was so much mention in the book of it being able to regenerate from any segment. But I worked some of the silhouettes found in more venomous snakes in.

In both the films there was no real explanation, through dialogue or action that the worms rotate. When the fremen ride them the split their skin exposing softer skin to the sand, the worm rolls up and the fremen mount it. The design needed to explain this... So I came up with a more dorsal stance when it's docile to a more aggressive horizontal stance when it's mounted.

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

some of the thumbnails that went into its creation...
    Three (speedpaints 3-15)

and the old shitty tremmors design.

and this one's for Smellybug, my first sculpy model to support the worm's design ... was a blast to do, I gotta get me more sculpy.

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

My girlfriend (on the forums as lupicani) was a huge help with the still-suit design... I basically worked with her and rendered what she had to say.

What was missed in other interpretations of Herbert's book was how much of a deep culture the fremen were. The suit should show that this man has had his suit since manhood, that it's worn, tattered, repaired, and sunbleached. Many personalized and decorative elements apply to the design and can change accordingly to the character... this way unique designs could communicate the character visually and we still have face coverings to mask the people. I worked in a lot of 'worm-mounting' harnesses into the still-suit, very based on many of the harnesses created to aid in the 9-11 incident. Also the decorative shoulder brace and neck-piece was made to reflect the silhouette of the worm's head and beak to show how the fremen worshiped them as their gods.

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

and some early designs more reflective of civil-war culture, and a little too sci-fi than I wanted to go.

Three (speedpaints 3-15)

... ok ... done, more to come peeps : D

Last edited by Sammy; March 15th, 2005 at 06:56 PM.

my website
    -- playing: "Pikmin 3" and "World of Tanks"
    -- reading: "Death of the Liberal Class" -Chris Hedges

O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. - Pindar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    congratulations....those are some super dope concepts; they are so clean and refined. nice sculpt. too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratufuckinglations. Wow, I am in awe.. You make baby Jesus cry with your amazing talent. With these in your portfolio you'll get any job you want. The effort you put into this project definitely paid off. Everything is so cleanly and precisely done. I'm not surprised. Awesome work sammy.:chug: :chug: :chug:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit dude. I gotta get me some spare pants :eek: That amazing seriously congrats. Brilliant design.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was browsing some random thread and here you are...BAM!!!!(punched my balls with no mercy) I had to get some toilet paper cause I wetted myself scrolling on your concepts....umm thanks you for posting these...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG!!!Sammy is back with MAD SKILLZZZZ! Looking Great!!!!

I don't really know if u have to hunting for jobs...They should come hunt u down with the portfolio like this...and mad skillz like yours.:chug:

CONGRAT!!! and Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbot

Dougbot, "Are you calling me fat? Really? How come?"
    xiataptara.com
    How to draw and paint *WARNING: You have been warned!*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sammy, this is easily the best work i have seen from you. i remember quite a few months ago when you were new to the forum and posting your work.. . ..and now youre doing stuff like this. i cant begin to explain the progression i have seen from you. .. .how do you do it? and also, how do you have so many super sweet robot/mechanical ideas and concepts. .. designing stuff like that is something i would like to be able to do as well as people and creatures.

my ONLY crit is that the mans anatomy is kinda squirly.. .mainly in the arms and legs.

let us know who you start working for. .. i dont think youll have any trouble finding a job.. .especially with work like this. in all seriousness, that spice harvester is one of the coolest things ive ever seen.. .and the paintover is gorgeus.

hope you start updating more now that youre out of school :chug:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great start to the new one. your stuff is looking very professional, my fav of the bunch is the harvester pic and your sculpted. looking forward to new updates!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are by far the most original designs for Dune I have ever seen (out of the 3 other ones: the old Dune movie, the crappy Sci-Fi channel one and the RTS Dune games that were made by Westwood), and by far the best (as if my oppinion carrys any weight- but whatever). I like the addition of all those cultural elements to the still-suit, and that Ornithopter kicks ass. You do the book justice, this stuff is killer. Maybe a little over-kill on the phalic references, but killer regardless.

Now go and make a movie or something with it. A good one, for once.

(EDIT: Might I request some of the main characters? It would be fun to see your interpretations on things like the Highliners and Atreities uniforms... crap, I'm all exited now. Think I might try my hand at some concepts. Thanks for the inspiration!)

Last edited by Wart; May 22nd, 2004 at 12:07 AM.
    Don't hate me because I'm colorblind.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THose are some totally dope designs. I'm a huge fan of Dune, and those designs do it justice. Also, as an animator, I really dig the movement studies you included with the ornithopter and guild navigator. When I saw that the 'thopter landed like a beetle, it made me really happy.

If you don't mind a crit, my only one would be with the stillsuit/costume designs. The thing that always attracted me to Dune was how cultural the book was. People, their cultures, and the way they interact are at the heart of the book more so than the technology. Going in a more cultural direction, as opposed to a sci-fi direction, with the costumes would be a great chance to show that aspect of the book. I think you're already thinking about this because you included the sketch of the mutton-chopped dude twice, which is the least sci-fi of your designs (and the coolest imho). With the fremen, I got the impression that the stillsuit was more like an under layer, with more culturally relevant bedouin-like robes over the top. Anyways, you're obviously leaning that direction, I would just encourage you to run with it even further.

Cool stuff man, can't wait to see more!

:chug:

-T

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    f*$@ you rock!!

i love these! you remind me why i want to be a concept artist!

-bonedog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    can someone tell me why this guy rocks so much. I'm having a hard time coping with this guys madness. Someone help me I think i'm going in a coma.

Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fantastic concepts, totally breath taking

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are absolutely stunning! the rendering is great, each image has an extraordinary sense of shape and form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OH MY GOD!!! Our very own little Sammy is growing up so fast...we're so proud....sniffles...anyways, dude, i gotta tell you, it's amazing what you did with your dune thesis....i hve decided to go out and read ender's game thanx to you and jin977 and maybe Dune[coz i know they're fuckin long] this summer...amzing stuff...good luck with the job hunt and waiting impatientlly for the rest of the Dunes...

Spok
    www.anatomyofthebrain.ca.tc

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, I was sooo fascinated browsing through these outstanding designs, it took me like half an hour always scrolling back to the harvester from hell. Man, big respect for those creative, unique designs for DUNE, wohhoo. crrazy, I always admired you for your skills, ever since I've seen your thread. Congratulations, you are the man.

Jj.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hot damn. Remember us when your running your own production company.

"Look at all these awesome ass 2d concepts, oh yea, heres a sculpture that kicks ass"

amazing.

"I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you graduated eh! congrats and good luck in your search, i bet you can get a job no problem.

your skillset is diverse and you have reached a high level. These sketches are lovely

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    people like you are why, people like me want to get in this biz! this is some of the highest caliber work around here, i may be new to this sight but i know i can recondnize top notch work. this might be a littke rude but can you check out my work! i need all the help i can get!

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...threadid=23688

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm loving this man. awesome.
    I also like what you did to present the artworks,
    it has a nice official touch to it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, let me just say that all fo this stuff is really well drawn.

I'll save you the rant on the stillsuits and the ornithopter and just go to the worm. First off, the thing has to swallow the harvester whole, so they mouth needs to be bigger. Also, the riders used hooks to pull its ring edges up and keep it from rolling onto that side. Those ring segments are not only NOT rings, but they are far too large for anyone to lift. This would present a definite problem as the sandworm rolls over and crushed the riders, then burrows and rasps their bodies into bloody shreds against the desert sands.:eek:

Just something to look into.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fuckin brilliant....

I could have never imagined how in depth your thesis was going to be, but wow....

Congrats on graduation...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My God, this is amazing, seriously man, you have came such a long ways and im sure ull get a job in no time, congrats brotha!

Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Done and done and very well done !
    Amazing talent ,creative designs , mind blowing ..

Thanks for sharing Sammy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Superb as always Sammy

power of the tablet!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you all guys, it's great to be back on the forums and doodlin' away. (can't wait, tryin' to get to Austin next month!)
    I've been entertaining my visiting family this weekend, so no new designs : \ But I get to draw all tonight!!

The project was fun, but in many ways leaves me feeling dirty. What we do as designers is sometimes very terrible... Here I've taken' Herbert's classic legendary novel, that he worked so very hard at. He was an amazing author that was able to so vaguely describe his worlds, his talent was that he was able to leave so much to your imaginations.... and here I come along and raped the shit outa' his work and have polluted many peoples' own visions.... just like many interpretations of books to films.
    So I know that a lot of people are sensitive about their dune, as am I (obviously)... but I really wanted a chance with this project to see where creative liberties would have to be taken translating his work to a completely opposite medium (film)... Hence some of the ‘creative liberties’.

flex mathews: I'm glad you see them as refined, I was curious how professional I could deliver them and still keep a very 'conceptual' sketch to them.

dakoscwash: Hehe, thanx... I wonder if baby Jesus cried very much...

Red_Rook: grab me some boxers while you're at it... I haven't washed my clothes in weeks, and Savannah's blisteringly hot and humid.

insane visions: Thanx, for serious.... when doing your own sketches aim for everyone's balls, the only way to go.

xia: thanx for the welcome, I need to get back into some speed-paints with you guys over at the Sijun forums... It's crazy how good you've gotten took... You spent so long nailing your colors you can do it with ease, and now you're bustin' out some wicked stylized stuff!

metalwinds: Thanx duder, since I got online I just had to get serious and work like crazy... oh... and neglect school
    Thanx for the crit too, that's my weak attempt at an aquard-fremen-walk... maybe I should've landed some good character stuff before I took that rather large step : \

JackalAnubis: Thanx for the welcome, I plan to spend my free-time drawin' away and loadin' up everything I can.

Wart: that means a lot wart, thank you. I'm not done with the project at all, still have tons : D .... don't really think I could ever be done with dune... if you have any requests just ask away. My girl did some great costumes, as soon as she loads her stuff up I'll direct you guys to her.

Tedsuo: I appreciate the crit man, thank you. You nailed it right on the money too... Obviously this is just the still-suit, just the first layer, my girl worked up many designs of the cloak and other ornamentations which I will show you once she gets them loaded up. It's nice to find someone else passionate about the rich culture Herbert was aiming for

bonedog: Thanx bone, draw draw draw to be a concept artist.

obid619: can I go in coma with you? I'm tired and ready for summer vacation...

Yina: I'm glad you enjoyed 'em, more to come : D

WillSchnevel: thank you, that's one of my biggest concerns 'shape-and-form'

spok: Hehe, read the books! You'd dig 'em dude

Jeff Jaws: glad you like the harvester, was one of the most challenging and fun to do.

steak-tron: I'll always remember dude, can't forget ... and it would indeed be great to run a design consultancy some day.

endregan: It's so good to be outa' school, never again to I have to take a class... it still hasn't fully sunk in LOL

TheUbermind: You'e got an awesome style, I'd encourage you to keep developing it and as soon as you're comfortable with a subject/style move onto trying another.

RAMÓN: yep, I gotta look professional : D

dfacto: Thanx for the crit, that was a very very challenging part to work with 'cause I knew something would have to change... to put it bluntly Herbert was very hypocritical in his descriptions. If you pay attention in the book he described the largest worms to be 150 meters long... and he described the ornithopters (the size of a personal aircraft) as knats to the harvester, with some other descriptions you can piece together that the harvester was upwards of 200 meters long... so how does the worm consume it??? Not dissing Herbert, he's an author not an engeneir... but it was something to work with.
    I've yet to design the telescopic hooks for the fremen all my attempts have failed looking like farm equipment : P
    my attempt to solve these problems was to present the worm with enough fat rolls to work your way onto (from it's mid-height as it would be in its dorsal rotation) and the larger leathery 'segments'.
    It's great to hear a hardcore fan of the book, I would love to see/hear your interpretations

bRyaN: projects like this are fun, get to completely lose yourself.

gasmask: Thank you brotha'! You'd better get a scanner, I wanna see you loadin' up drawings every damn day!

Nadim: thank you, more to come!

Retinal Haze: thank you ret, you've got mad-skillz I wanna see you load some stuff up!

my website

O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. - Pindar

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, you asked for it. (btw, this will probably come off sounding harsh, since I just wrote it up, then it erased my post and I have to do it all again. Man, I'm kinda pissed right now. :realmad: )

1)Ornithopter:This is my biggest beef with your Dune designs. While flapping wings may be silly, a flying brick, with bricks for wings, and no visible propulsion systems aside from the brick wings is laughable. Seriously, that thing won't fly. The wings aren't even aero-dynamic under ANY cross-section! I would seriously rethink the design if you wish it to be realistic. However, the industrial feel is quite believable, even though this would not apply to all the thopters there. I would design a seperate design for military applications as this one could not have been the thopter that Leto and Paul used when the harvester got eaten. That one had a large cockpit area and no cargo hold.

2)Harvester: To tell the truth, its pretty good except for a few things. The machine seems far too narrow. It would have to go acros desert dunes and such, and having a wider base wouldn't hurt. Also the hardpoints for attaching to the carryall seem to be rather low, and would force the carryal to lose its aerodynamic properties when the harvester isn't attached. Also, I would shape the harvester's nose to fit to the carryal in such a way as to not destroy its airflow when mated to it.

3)Guild Navigator: Perfect

4)Worm:It doesn't matter how long Herbert said the worms were, the fact is that it swallowed a harvester. So either make the harvesters smaller or the worms bigger. Thats all there is to it. The worm-harvester swallowing incident is important, whereas a verbal approximation is not. Also, I think you should rethink the shape of the worms. While it looks very cool, and colon destroying, it won't be as efficient underground as a rounded design would be. Earthworms are round for a reason, so are tunnel boring machines.

5)Stillsuit:While this mostly works, I have to dispute the look you are going for. It looks like a fusion of the MGS stealthsuit, and some sort of elaborate military uniform, kitch and all. I would really simplify the design and make it look more utilitarian. I doubt that the fremen would run around the desert with that kind of stuff. It would also be nice to see some tubes and components, such as retension systems hinted at under the skin of the suit. I think a blister on the chest would be nice as well, as there are filters and pumps on teh suit which need to be put somewhere, and a chest blister would be nicely placed.

That'll teach you to ask me for my opinion!:bash:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    let me just quickly add to the heaps of thumbs up (pun intended) and congrats on your achievements. i will now pick up my jaw from the floor and let you draw some more.
    cheers

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just as an addition. The ornithopter has a serious design flaw in it. The cargo bay is there, however, the ornithopter itself is very narrow, which would limit the kind of cargo that it could haul. Most cargo carriers go for width over clearance, and I think that a cargo thopter would also follow this trend.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dfacto: thank you, I appreciate your amazing crit.
    You should find me on aim if you wish to discuss future designs I plan to do. I find your crit to be honest, passionate, and blunt not harsh at all (a bit sour, but I take that as a complement)... You simply want to see justice done to Herbert's work, as do I.

First thing's first: This is not a visualization of Frank Herbert's work, it's a translation of the novel towards film format. My education was to find limitations or additions that would have to be considered when working over to such a different medium... I was forced to look into many translations that the movie would trickle down to such as toy designs, videogames, sequels (god forbid...), etc. As well I had to appeal to a wide demographic with considerations for budgeting, # of FX scenes, and proof of a profitable return on a producer's investment.
    It was for my education, it's not simply me doodling away at dune... I basically had to prove it's worth in the film industry, I know you can understand this.
    and considering that one out of 27 people were not impressed so far, I would say that I succeded within this small forum demographic.

4)Worm: The worm does NOT consume/eat the harvester, you are incorrect. Your critique is based on the previous film versions and not the book. A very important scene in the book indeed (and my favorite :cool: )... but there is no visual of the worm only worm-sign, sounds, and a 'sand-pool'. I talked to many people that read the book, and 4 outa' 5 of them thought that the worm circled the harvester sinking it into the sand. This was based on Herbert's vague, but exciting description of the scene.
    A lazy argument between us both about the functionality of the worm... considering that an organism of that size, of that anatomy would collapse in on itself. We have to assume a certain amount of fantasy - with this the worm should have a recognizable design that differentiated itself from other worm creatures in movies and games. And also concerning the lack of existing animals that tunnel through sand as their mode of transportation on our earth gives a clue on the efficiency of such a creature (not functional at all) ------ It simply has to be exciting and majestic, which is why Herbert created them. The design accomplishes this, as far as my drawing and sculpt can communicate.

2)Harvester: My apologies, I should've completed the carryall design before I showed this one. But once again your critique has been polluted by the previous film versions ---- There is no description in the book that the harvester was mobile, there would be no reason for it to be.... It simply grounds itself and does its job for less than an hour or so before the carryall (or worm :eek: for that matter) comes. Based on the descriptions of the spice dwelling underneath the sand (before or after the methane gas has blown some of it to the surface) means that a stagnant harvester would be more efficient digging deep into the sand to extract the spice.
    I got a chance to talk to a few people that had only read the book, they hadn't seen the movies or games. It was interesting how they described the harvester like an oil-refinery over desert seas.

3)Guild Navigator: how do you feel about them entering as a 'school' or 'pod' together? The book mainly describes one of them doing this, not a group... I felt that a scene like this would explain them a bit more. A creative liberty that I'd like to know if you agree with or not.

5)Stillsuit: My development sketches and thumbnails might look like a stealth suit, but the final design doesn't. I tried to work that out of it, maybe I failed from your view. I don't know if you see that as a negative or positive thing.
    I stayed away from all the tubing, since that's the most obvious/cheesy rout for everyone to take. The tubes would need to be concealed, a suit can be repaired, but if any amt of hydration is lost (from a severed tube) the shit would hit the fan.... poor fremen, it's a hard road!
    Plus the suit shouldn't take away from the actor's presence with all its dangly sci-fi mystical gadgets, it should aid it.
    Also, in my defense, this suit is showing everything that can be placed on it, the fremen have to carry a lot with them as well... and Herbert described, in detail, how hard a time Paul and his mother had carrying all that shit for the first time.... how they were not used to it, unbalanced, and dropped things.
    BTW: What do you think the 'thumper' looks like :confused: ... I'm in the dark here...

1)Ornithopter: My apologies again, I should've illustrated it's flight pattern, propulsion, and articulations even more. However it's not laughable by any means, Tedsuo is a very talented animator and he was inspired (by the few sequential shown) seeing its articulations and landing... I trust that if he finds inspiration in its animation that it could be pulled off very well.
    Aero-dynamics aren't too much a concern as it's a low altitude, rather slow machine. It's more important that it carries a visual theme to bulk Arrakis (and once again I appologize that its interpretations isn't completed).
    The back is less a cargo-hold and more an entrance and docking area where it is stored... I'd imagine that few things would be transported, but there really isn't that much room considering where the engine stands.
    But I indeed should do more orthographic to support the design.

I'm happy and sorry you're not pleased, that someone is passionate about dune's portrayal as well.
    It's productive to have these conversations, but with how passionate you are about dune I'm suppressed you haven't visualized your version.
    It would be much more productive for you to draw some, unfortunately talk is rather cheap here.

Hyver: More to come if I can stop jabbering :chug:

my website

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1