Jason Manley/Zhanglu dvd discussion

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Jason Manley/Zhanglu dvd discussion

Hello all, just recently I was able to view the awesome Manley/Zhanglu dvd and i happened to have a few questions about Zhanglu's workflow. I realized after a long while that what I thought to be a round brush that he was using, didn't act like a round brush at all. I started to get a little anxious so I set the same settings as he did in hopes of getting the same effect of the brush he was using, but to no avail. It looks like a simple awesome round brush, but as the video progressed, the overlaying strokes were not creating darker strokes if he overlapped one stroke on top of the other. Am i just seeing things? or maybe not paying enough attention? I'm just asking for anyone's advice on the matter or maybe there was something that i happened to miss. Such subtlety was amazing to watch and I really just wanted to see if anyone out there could help me out. thank you very much

CONtra

Similar Threads
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Make sure you're using the brush with the same settings. He's using the standard round brush but a lot of the time he has his opacity turned down some to like 92% and he turns the flow way, way down. Usually from 8% to 30% or so. From there it's just color picking so that the tone you're laying over isn't to much darker or lighter. With Wacam sensitivity set to pressure there you are.

That low flow is what really does it.

http://www.bfowler.com

Blog

Twitter

Available for work!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bfowler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the tip, bfowler. I always leave the flow on my brushes at 100%, I'll have to play around with that.

Thanks
    bfowler- Thanks so much for the info. I noticed that the flow was ultra low, but I must have missed it reaching to 8% and 30%. I tried a few studies and I saw a great amount of success with your help. REALLY REALLY APRECIATE THIS!

Members who have read this thread: 2