Affordable photoshop?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Affordable photoshop?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Affordable photoshop?

Hey guys,

I need to get photoshop for my mac and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on buying photoshop. The price in the website is 699 for CS5, but is there anywhere I can find it cheaper? It also doesnt have to be CS5. Im sure older versions could be just as effective for painting.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why not look into the subscription plan? Might be a bit more expensive in the long run, but you could save up for a copy while using the subscription.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photos...criptions.html

Psalm 32:8
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why not use GIMP? It's free and it's pretty close to Photoshop. Has a huge user base. I had a hard time adjusting to the short cuts, simply because I'm so used to Photoshop... but it's a free alternative.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    try amazon.com or ebay.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try to find legitimate older versions on ebay. Almost any of the CS versions will be fine.

Jay's CA.org Sketchbook:
    Jay's Conceptart.org sketchbook

Check out my portfolio:
    http://jasonrossart.carbonmade.com

Check out my blog:
    http://mind2pixels.blogspot.com

"Practice" DOES NOT make perfect...
    "Perfect Practice" makes perfect...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Or, if you're currently a student, you can drop some money on the education edition. It's about $150.

There are a few things you should be aware of before taking this route:

1. You must have either a photo school I.D. with a date within six months of today on the front; or a photo I.D. and a transcript, report card, or official school document dated within the last six months.

2. You can't upgrade to different education editions; you can only upgrade to the full commercial version. However, you do still get the nifty discount. And you can always buy another copy of the education edition if you're still a student when the next version hits.

3. You can only buy one copy of the software, and it's non-transferable (so you can't give it to someone else). You can only use it on your personally owned computer.

That's it. It's a pretty awesome deal, actually, because you can still use Photoshop for commercial purposes (unlike Painter--not complaining, but it is something to be aware of for sure) and it's not significantly limited really. The verification process is EXTREMELY easy--provided you are actually going to school at the time. If you aren't, then don't try, they're very thorough in checking and they will find out. (Mostly I'm saying that for the benefit of anybody else reading this, because I'm fairly certain you're a student right now.) It also helps if you have a .edu email through your school, though it's not completely necessary. I had mine and it sped the process up, or so the company that does the verifying told me.

Also, I almost forgot to mention, high school counts. If I'm not mistaken you're a teenager and probably in high school, correct? Go for it if that's the case! Here are the eligibility requirements in more detail: http://www.adobe.com/education/stude...guide.edu.html

Last edited by Ohaeri; March 17th, 2012 at 04:36 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.