Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gah Hand Cramp!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Gah Hand Cramp!

Gah Hand Cramp!

Hi my names chris (aka the triggerpigking aka a flying asshat) and I decided to start a sketchbook here to keep me motivated and blady blady blah
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmS_VDvMY
    okay okay heres the american psycho
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    and a few life drawings

Gah Hand Cramp!

Gah Hand Cramp!

Gah Hand Cramp!
    a few hands from http://www.elfwood.com/farp/hand/
    Gah Hand Cramp!

and finally a bird a dog and a horrible half drawn cat
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by triggerpigking; January 19th, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Hi, thanks for your comment. Cool that you are making so many life studies, keep on that way and you will improve fast i think, however some of them seem a bit rushed and when doing studies like that i think its better to take your time making sure you get the lines right

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Knokkelmanden For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yay I got my first comment yeah I do tend to get into a rush mode when I do life drawings its a habit im trying to get rid off.

edit: I usually would'nt update on a monday (because I barely get any time to myself on mondays ) but I get most of the day of tomorrow so yay for me so heres my new stuff
    Despite the fact that the proportions got very messed up (I had to change a few things to make it work) im actually pretty proud of how this turned out ive been getting a bit bored of the regular things ive been doing life drawing of so I wanted to mess around a bit and draw some unusual stuff
    Gah Hand Cramp!

A few timed figure drawings from http://www.artsyposes.com/index (thanks for the link Knokkelmanden brilliant site) the farest left one on the first page though im not sure how long I took as I dident realize the timer was off.
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    And finally for the last couple weeks or so ive been trying to draw 100 hundred skulls from http://www.3dtoad.com/human_skeleton_skull.php
    the idea came from yinari and I thought I might as well give it a shot and im currently up to 28.
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    Well thats all for now will probably update again on wendesday

edit: sorry if this is a stupid question but Ill probably have some more detailed nude drawings in this thread so is there a way I can change the thread name to have NSFW I stupidly forgot to do it when i made it
    Last edited by triggerpigking; February 20th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks
    Hha) the Monty Python incentive made me smile

Also, nice sculls. It's hard to tell yet, bu I think you have this own style, your drawings look sculptury-like (if it makes sense). I hope you'll keep it as you progress.

post more.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sasha Fietskova For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the comment sasha
    Ive noticed that my skulls and still life look a bit sculptery I think the reason why is that ive been trying to build them up with shapes first although I think ive had more success doing that with the skulls than the still lifes CURSE YOU CYLINDERS CURSE YOU!
    Happy that my styles changing a bit though as ive been trying to change it a bit recently by drawing lighter lines and pecking in the lines less.

Too sleepy to upload anything now

Finally I get the chance to update
    although I havent been able to get much done ah well heres some still lifes

Gah Hand Cramp!

I actually think this one turned out the best of all of them I was really trying to focus on looking at the still life as much as I was drawing and I think it turned out very well. Also to anybody who noticed yes that is an old n64 transfer pack.
    Gah Hand Cramp!

You know I just mentioned my hatred of cylinders yeah its very easy to see here I dont think anything (except for maybe the shading) turned out right on this one the proportions are wrong the placement is wrong damnit shame too I think it was an interesting still life ah atleast I manged to get a nice drawing of my dog on the side .
    Gah Hand Cramp!

And heres some gesture drawings which I think turned out very good especially the ninja on the second page
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    Gah Hand Cramp!

Well thats all for now might update again either later or tomorrow
    Last edited by triggerpigking; February 24th, 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks
    Another update
    I havent had much energy at the moment so I havent been able to get much done but ive managed to pull myself up to my desk and draw everyday so its all good I guess
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1330219474
    I think the figure drawings turned out pretty good although the third one from the left looks like hes falling.
    the scond page is some older stuff and for those wondering the man in the right corner is harmonica from once upon a time in the west.
    And do you want know what easy about drawing folds BLOODY NOTHING hell half the time im not actually sure what part im drawing.
    I drew the sond one with a mechanical pencil I have I definitely need to use it more as I find it a lot easier to use then regular pencils

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerpigking View Post
    Another update
    I havent had much energy at the moment so I havent been able to get much done but ive managed to pull myself up to my desk and draw everyday so its all good I guess
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1330219474
    I think the figure drawings turned out pretty good although the third one from the left looks like hes falling.
    the scond page is some older stuff and for those wondering the man in the right corner is harmonica from once upon a time in the west.
    And do you want know what easy about drawing folds BLOODY NOTHING hell half the time im not actually sure what part im drawing.
    I drew the sond one with a mechanical pencil I have I definitely need to use it more as I find it a lot easier to use then regular pencils
    I may be giving bad advice, but if you're using a mechanical pencil make sure you're using .5 mm. The finer point gives you more detail to work with.

And keep at it. It's like a muscle: the more you do it the better it gets. And if you need a book to help you out with figure drawing I recommend Loomis or Nicolaides (or both!). But thus far you're off to a good start.

Also, nice Clint.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtsySiridean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtsySiridean View Post
    I may be giving bad advice, but if you're using a mechanical pencil make sure you're using .5 mm. The finer point gives you more detail to work with.

And keep at it. It's like a muscle: the more you do it the better it gets. And if you need a book to help you out with figure drawing I recommend Loomis or Nicolaides (or both!). But thus far you're off to a good start.

Also, nice Clint.
    That actually is .5mm and yeah ya can get very fine lines with it although this will sound a bit strange but I have to keep turning mine around otherwise the pencil strokes become more dull I also have a 0.35 which i'm probably gonna start using again as well.
    With my mechanical pencil drawings ive actually been trying to go for this guys style http://gofu-web.deviantart.com/ I really like the effect he gets especially with his hair and clothes.

I also already have loomis's books ive gone through parts of figure drawing for all its worth a few times but I put it down for a while to read his fun with a pencil I think fun with a pencil's a good book for really new begginers but most of the stuff in it I already know so im going to start reading his figure drawing book again, ive never heard of nicolaides though so ill look that up thanks.
    Thats not actually clint eastwood by the way but charles bronson who was actually given the part of the man with no name but turned it down and you better run now before I talk your head off about westerns for the next 5 hours don't just stand there RUN!

Hell yeah barely anything gets me more pumped for drawing than bloody tears
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNUXp0R6FEg

anyway tried something different with the gesture drawings I used pen and it came out pretty well dont know why but although I like using a pencil more I always feel like I have more control with a pen
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    I also finally got round to drawing some more skulls almost halfway there
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    Ah cylinders we meet again
    Gah Hand Cramp!

Thanks
    Nice start. Very clean drawings.

Some of your stills their perspective is a bit off. Even on a small scale like that, objects should be in perspective, instead of making all lines parapel (some seem to converge towards the viewer,which makes it look even stranger:p ), have them converge just a tiny bit. It will make things feel more real, drawing in perspective is just drawing as the eye sees, and thus you are tricking the eye that whatever you are drawing is real.
    Also some things feel like they are slightly tilted.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Topcross For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i like nintendo 64 sketch

15. The Following User Says Thank You to penciltipred For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks pencilitpred
    I think thats probably my best still life so far

Gah I always feel bad when I don't draw on a monday when I get in i'm usually too exausted and by the time I finally get in a drawing mood its already time to go to sleep.
    Bit of new stuff and a lot of old stuff firstly ive started reading figure drawing for all its worth again and so far ive drawn his proportions diagrams I was going to try and find one of my older attempts at drawing this but I strangely couldent find them anymore (Think I might of actually did them on printer paper and threw them away) btw try to ignore the first one from the left on my male one I stupidly enough did the figure 7 heads for some reason and only noticed after I finished.
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    Looking at my old work did give me the idea to post some of my old good stuff though so heres a picture of the skull kid from majoras mask which im very proud of took me around 2 hours 3 hours tops.
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    This I did a while back and is pretty much entirely drawn from refrence anyone whos played falllout 3 willl immediatly recognize the background as for the rest of the pic I found a brain a gasmask and a dress online also free tip if you ever find yourself drawing an apocalyptic picture listen to the metro 2033 soundtrack really gets me pumped to draw apocalyptic pictures.
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    well thats all for now I might update with some recent stuff later but I probably will just update tommorow.

edit:small update
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    Gah Hand Cramp!
    Last edited by triggerpigking; February 29th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks
    Few more things more of the same I should be going to a life drawing or figure drawing group soon so i'm really hoping my stuff will get better a lot quicker.

Thanks
    Good luck at your life drawing class that sounds like fun.

Also, a lot of good diligent work on Loomis. That inspired me to start doing it, too. but probably tomorrow, it's already midnight here.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sasha Fietskova For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast