Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gah Hand Cramp!

Thanks
    Good luck at your life drawing class that sounds like fun.

Also, a lot of good diligent work on Loomis. That inspired me to start doing it, too. but probably tomorrow, it's already midnight here.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sasha Fietskova For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks I havent ever really been able to draw people from life I can get the odd sketch of someone every now and then but most of the time people look at you like your a friggin alien or something and it gets distracting
    Im hoping the class is going to be a mix between still life and drawing people though because I think im running out of interesting stuff to draw.

Bigger update than usual though I feel like I get too easily distracted recently one minute im drawing and the next im watching g-mod vids on youtube for two hours.
    Been trying to draw the skulls in more harder angles recently I think 43 turned out good but the rest not so much.

Also as for the life drawing ive tried drawing that thing 3 or 4 times now each time I get stuck on the ds and ended up screwing it up this time though I just said fuck it and just drew it ah its alright but ill probably re-do it again some other time might draw the ds a few times to try and get the hang of it.

I also drew the coverart for fullmetal alchemist it turned out good but I think I messed his face and mechanical arm up a bit.
    Won't be updating tommorow because im going over to a friends.
    and now I sleep
    Last edited by triggerpigking; March 3rd, 2012 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks

Thanks
    More random crap I think i'll try putting more colour into my sketchbook soon i'm beggining to notice how bland it looks.

Havent been able to draw much as ive been weirdly unable to do barely anything the last 2 days is not that ive been tired or depressed but I havent been able to draw or play games and enjoy myself as ive just been feeling incredibly bored I think im starting to get out of that though now so I can start to get back on track.

What happens when you try to draw fanart of a character from an obscure ps2 game who just happens to also be see through and you decide to draw him in charcoal.
    this horrendous thing happens
    Attachment 1437633
    well fuck it trying and failing is better than not trying at all.

Little life drawing of a snes ive done a lot better i drew this when I was feeling down though so I wasnt concentrating much.
    Attachment 1437648

A few hands I did in charcoal before going to bed.
    Attachment 1437649

Tried doing a bit of an eyes study and drew one from imagination on the right
    Attachment 1437652

And finally more loomis work don't know why but I never feel like I get his mannequins right to the point where it just frustrates me.
    Attachment 1437653

Thanks
    Few more things
    I can draw loomis's mannequins decently but ive found when I try to apply them to my imagination drawings or use them for people im drawing I just can't seem to get them to work.
    Attachment 1438258

Been wanting to get a bit better at perspective third point one turned out horrible though.
    Attachment 1438259
    Colour in my sketchbook its evil get it away.
    Completely forgot how fun pastels are been using them all day at college and thought I should get out my old pack and try to draw a few eyes with them.
    Attachment 1438260
    Last edited by triggerpigking; March 9th, 2012 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks
    Still no more comments im forever alone in this sketchbook (no I shall not post the meme)
    Yay im now halfway through my skull drawings although I just relized after scanning it theres a pencil sharpening on one of the skulls shit.

Thanks
    I think you might want to help yourself out with more detailed sketching to capture the proportions of things before moving on to the details. Remember that skulls have the same proportions as faces. Center the eye halfway between the top of the head and the bottom of the the nose halfway between the eyes and chin and the mouth (where the teeth come together) halfway between the nose and chin.

Good luck
    While I may not be much of an artist, I am more than happy to help with MATHEMATICS! I have over 3 years of tutoring experience, and would love to help you out with anything up to and including calculus Also, as a mechanical engineer, if you want feedback on realist sci-fi or other technical critique, let me know, I'm happy to help!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quixotic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey, nice start! Keep working on those studies. It'll pay off big time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to elwghee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quixotic: Hey thanks that was a lot of help I need to stop focusing so much on the details over proportions and I keep forgetting that.
    Ive done a few more focusing mainly on the proportions and I think theyve turned out a lot better.
    Attachment 1439811
    I used the pen lines to mark out the shape of the base circle and the construction lines as if I was building a face.
    I might do 50 more of these after I get to 100 because I feel like the other 50 are crap in comparison.

elgwghee: Hello person whos username I find incredibly hard to pronounce
    yeah im already seeing slight improvements with my imagination work feel like I need to do more still lifes though havent done many recently.

I actually did 3 colour studies in pastel yesterday but I only got one done that actually looked good.
    the first one was in black and white and it looked so bad that im not even going to post it I only really have one gray one black and white so I couldent really get any of the tones right.
    This is the second one
    Attachment 1439814
    Its alright but again I couldent get many of the tones right what was convenient about the cliff landscape I did was that most of the tones I already had ready that and I really had problems trying to get the sky to look right and I lost concentration halfway through so I did it again.
    Attachment 1439812
    It looks better but I still don't think I got the sky right I think I should probably find a good guide on mixing pastels as im finding it really hard to mix them right.

Well thats all for now ill upload more later.

Thanks
    Heres a few more bits
    Attachment 1441851
    Attachment 1441852
    I won't lie I got a bit lazy with the last two skulls though.
    Attachment 1441862
    A few life drawings I did while watching pkmikes stream I think I tend to draw to small.
    Attachment 1441857
    Attachment 1441858
    My dogs move to much.

Thanks
    More stuff
    Couple of still life drawings I really hate the way that book turned out as I was actually drawing it from the side not above and it just came out looking like this.
    Attachment 1443409
    Just a few random face drawings one of rambo and the other two from a laurel and hardy boxset. I apolagise for rapeface hardy though.
    Attachment 1443412
    Couple of pen gesture drawings
    Attachment 1443411
    I actually went through about 4 pages trying to get this right and im still not sure if I have.
    Attachment 1443410
    Really proud of these I think there the best skulls ive done so ar except for 74
    I think I should retry that one.
    Attachment 1443413
    Last edited by triggerpigking; March 17th, 2012 at 06:30 AM.

Thanks
    much good practice here :>
    I especially like the eye studies

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Some definite improvement showing as I skim through here -- the skulls (being that you've done so many studies of them that it's easy to compare) especially show progress!

Looks like you're getting better control of your line work, too..

Always try to keep sketchy-looking lines to a minimum.. they look less confident. (i.e. your last gesture drawings vs your skulls -- one you're definitely more confident with and look how much cleaner your lines are!) If you draw with sure marks (even if the only thing you're sure of is that they're wrong XD), you look like you're doing things on purpose rather than being afraid to do them because you don't know how. You always have an eraser (or some whiteout) - don't be afraid to be bold! (And then you use your eraser/whiteout to fix everything you just did totally wrong and chalk it up to getting more experience. XD) Can't fix mistakes that you never make, right? That's how we all learn.. Making.. many.. many.. mistakes.

I love that you're drawing from life so much. Make sure you're paying attention to the values and showing the darkest darks and the lightest lights -- push your values as much as you can. For an added challenge, try to spot how objects that are near other objects bounce light around.. For instance, an apple in a bowl -- the apple won't have a flat shadow all the way down to the bowl where they meet, the bowl will bounce a little light back onto the apple and lighten the form from that direction slightly, giving the form a rounded appearance. Subtle changes like that will help you describe your forms on the next level - see if you can spot it in the objects you're studying.

Keep up the great work! ^_^

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Riley Stark For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast