Sketchbook: Askren's sketchbook of doodles.

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks

Askren's sketchbook of doodles.

Hey guys. I'm a 22 year old dude who masquerades as an artist. I do some freelance web and graphic design works, but I'm an illustrator at heart. Spent a few years without doing a whole lot of drawing, and I'm trying to make up for that now.

So, this thread will be me doodling, never finishing pictures, and hopefully at some point becoming slightly more competent with my tablet. (3 years with the thing and I can still barely use it.)

Please, by all means critique and tell me what to focus on improving, lord knows I can use it.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Askren; February 18th, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    I work really, really slowly, doubly so when using a tablet, so you won't see me churning out piles of drawings on a daily basis.

Here's the fat monster-thing I've been working on. I don't think it's terrible, but most of it is still pretty nebulous.

I'm trying to put a bit more Greg Capullo/Joe Mad style detail into my pencils, but it doesn't come naturally, so the effort is pretty remedial.

Last edited by Askren; February 22nd, 2012 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks
    Not that it matters much, but I sort of lost my desktop like, a month ago, and with it pretty much all of my recent work. But more than that, my ability to use my tablet. So, it's just been good old fashioned pencil and paper the last weeks. Had an empty sketchbook, it's almost full now, so I'll dump some selections.

There's a lot more, obviously, I'm just really lazy when it comes to scanning them.

Last edited by Askren; April 3rd, 2012 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks
    hey, very nice start! I really like your sketches, very interesting designs and they look really neat.

Thanks
    I appreciate it. My biggest problem, even through college, was never keeping a sketchbook. It always felt so unnatural and forced, to do pages of sketches and studies. I still can't really do that, but I feel like if I'm getting one drawing on a page every day, it's not a total loss.

Thanks
    I was working on this for like, two days, with the second being pretty much just the chains. I don't know why I do it, because tedious detail like that really makes me lose my motivation to finish, but somehow I keep designing things with lots of tedious, repetitive details. Maybe it's self-flagellation or something.

Also, I need to buy myself a better pencil. Like, .3mm or something.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.