Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
(OH GOD SO NERVOUS)
Hello. My name is Anna. I've been on-and-off ConceptArt.org for a while (mostly off, because I was too nervous to upload anything...as in you people are way too talented). I guess this also works as a way for me to get myself to upload more. Some of these are from my DeviantArt gallery (my "fun-fun time for the lolz" gallery).
So, how does this work? I just upload random sketches here, I guess?
Critiques are always welcome and appreciated.
1. Nude studies #1: browsing stock photos of models on DeviantArt and doing some studies.
2. Quick studies of people performing various martial arts techniques. I miss being in an art class (and don't have the funds to go graduate school yet) so I like to look up stock photos and just pretend I'm in one.
3. Sketch done in Photoshop of a random satyr. Not the best at ungulate legs yet, and didn't quite know what to do with his left arm, but there you have it. I just got a WACOM tablet/witchbox and am just toying around trying to get used to it (I love it) and doing digital art in general.
4. Ballpoint pen sketch of my cats pre-turf battle.
5. Mermaid thing: photoshop-sorcery practice.
Nude studies in first post was cut off, sorry.
Here, have some Ariel while I try to figure out how to make water look somewhat more convincing in Photoshop.
Variations based on a small monster face wood carving I have hanging over my desk.
I found this full of live, there are something on the structure o some faces that does not convince me, but very nice overall.
Thank you, JeanFumero, for your reply!
Studies of styles from southeast Asian wood carvings (because they are some of the coolest-looking things ever), and some of me being a public drawing creeper--AHEM, life drawings.
My take on the classic lion+goat+snake chimaera image.
I had an idea that maybe the "lion" part would be the nose, jaws and brute force of the creature and the goat would be the eyes and ears (hence the lion's tiny ears and "blind" eyes), and could maybe swivel its head around like a periscope or something. The snake part was was going to be some kind of poison-inducing feature, but I think I got fed up with the drawing and didn't know what to do with it.
Lion-bear part doesn't have much of a neck, because I thought it would look scarier that way. Now that I've actually drawn it out, I'm not so sure...
I dunno. Might come back to this guy and rework him at some point.
For everything else, I blame Stephen Fry
Wait, I'm supposed to be working on creating a portfolio. Why am I doing fan art?
Traditional drawing = comfort zone.
Coloring = still learning.
Coloring digitally = still learning.
Drawing clothes = Eh.
Harpies = hilarious.