Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

a.k.a.Ciel's scribbles.

Well, this is definitely nerve wrecking.
    I've only been drawing since September 2011 so I'm a little scared of posting among such highly skilled artists,welp...
    Not sure how accepted Anime-esque fan art scribbles are here either :<

Well, here goes nothing!

P.S. My characters shoulders seem to suffer from "Broken shoulder" syndrome.
    Hah!
    Digital - Jan-Feb 2012
    Studies - Jan 2012
    Sketchbook stuff (WARNING! CRAPPY SCANNER ALERT!) - Feb 2012

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by a.k.a.Ciel; February 25th, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Bit of an update, started on light source. Going to try this in greyscale soon to overcome the problem.

The last is having fun with some new sketchy brushes I DL'd. I quite like them even if all the proportions of the image itself are...for lack of a better term; skewed.

Thanks
    Youve got to be joking about only drawing since last semptember ive been drawing for a lot longer and my drawings are miles behind.

Anyway I think your costumes are really good I especially like the keyhole gloves on the third one down. It might just be the perspective but I think some of your arms are a bit dodgy the right arm in your second drawing down looks a bit shorter than the other although I do think that is probably just the perspective.

Either way good start so far keep it up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerpigking View Post
    Youve got to be joking about only drawing since last semptember ive been drawing for a lot longer and my drawings are miles behind.

Anyway I think your costumes are really good I especially like the keyhole gloves on the third one down. It might just be the perspective but I think some of your arms are a bit dodgy the right arm in your second drawing down looks a bit shorter than the other although I do think that is probably just the perspective.

Either way good start so far keep it up.
    I'm not joking at all *laughs* I used to draw like this though in September, I practice almost every day if I can.;
    a.k.a.Ciel's scribbles.

My arms are so weak right now, it makes me super sad. It's meant to be slightly bend and a little further behind him (it's basically holding the back of the box he's sat on). Perspective is so difficult x_x I need to work on it a lot.

And you aren't miles behind. You have a waaaay better grasp of shading than I do.

Thanks
    I recognize Ishiawatari anywhere. Learn to color in Copic and Ishiwatari would be proud.

Good luck on your journey. And welcome to CA.

Thanks
    Thanks yeah shading has always been one of my strong suites I was mainly talking about your linework and shapes which I dont think im that good at but im my own harshest critic I suppose.

Also I have the same problem with forshortening bodies what annoys me though is I can never find good guides for it hell ive been reading a bit of andrew loomis's figure drawing for all its worth and so far hes glanced over foreshortening with only half a page on it which still confuses me and he makes it sound easy.

Last edited by triggerpigking; February 26th, 2012 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtsySiridean View Post
    I recognize Ishiawatari anywhere. Learn to color in Copic and Ishiwatari would be proud.

Good luck on your journey. And welcome to CA.
    Aye, I love the Guilty Gear series. I always play Zato though, disappointed I could never learn A.B.A, just don't have the patience for the poor girl. I adore the character designs of most every Aksys game though.

I've been trying with copics, but gosh it's no easy trip. And goddamn my wallet hates me for wanting to. They're so expensive here x_X

I love them though, I feel like I have a lot more freedom within my hand to get it right working on paper than digital, but at the same time I really enjoy digital.

And thank you for the welcome. I'm going to keep trying. No use stopping now!

Quote Originally Posted by triggerpigking View Post
    Thanks yeah shading has always been one of my strong suites I was mainly talking about your linework and shapes which I dont think im that good at but im my own harshest critic I suppose.
    I think most of us are. I think everything that I draw sucks XD.

Also I have the same problem with forshortening bodies what annoys me though is I can never find good guides for it hell ive been reading a bit of andrew loomis's figure drawing for all its worth and so far hes glanced over foreshortening with only half a page on it which still confuses me and he makes it sound easy.
    The way I've been trying to understand it is just by making mental notes of how muscles change, like what gets smaller (I tend to create in blocks and stuff, hard to describe XD), Bodies I find relatively /OK/ depending on the depth of foreshortening, but arms. Aurgh, I really don't know where to start with them.

Thanks
    A little more silliness. Sketching and scribbling. Saa. Perspectives and twisting bodies is hard.
    Never drawn feet before :X

The first two were quick warmups taking about 1-2 minutes each. The last took around an hour.

Thanks
    I like the hands in your first post.

Thanks
    Aurghaghagahgahgah. This digital blending thing isn't going so well, let alone with the glowing bits.

Thanks
    If anyone knows how to make black and I mean BLACK skin look...alright. I would really appreciate it.
    If you don't know what this is a fan art of, it's Street Fighter x Tekken's Pandora Mode.

I'm gonna just chuck out a few more fan arts and then the real work begins.

Thanks
    If I may give a suggestion, I think you should concentrate more on the solid form of what you want to draw. Your work doesn't show much depth. Work from life, take art classes or get a friend or family member to pose for you and draw everything like geometric objects from life.

I see you like 2D fighting games, good for you! Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Guilty Gear X2 Slash are one of my all time favourites.

Last edited by Whitevillage; March 14th, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitevillage View Post
    If I may give a suggestion, I think you should concentrate more on the solid form of what you want to draw. Your work doesn't show much depth. Work from life, take art classes or get a friend or family member to pose for you and draw everything like geometric objects from life.

I see you like 2D fighting games, good for you! Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Guilty Gear X2 Slash are one of my all time favourites.
    Solid form of what I want to draw? I'm new to art so I need that one explained XD.

Art classes aren't available and my friends arent willing to pose (I've asked =( )

I've been drawing objects lately. It's just difficult trying to retain all of it when I'm 7 months new to drawing X3 I seriously regret not picking up a pencil sooner. I might actually get the point x_x (No pun intended)

Last edited by a.k.a.Ciel; March 14th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1